Separation Poll

Jesse James

Do you favor a public/private separation?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Do you favor a public/private separation?

• Yes I say divide them.
    • No. Keep it the same.

You fail to acknowledge that as far as football goes, "the state" wanted to play the big boys. You all pleaded to crash the "party" in 1974. 4A was created so Henderson County, Boone County, Christian County, Clark County could have their day in the sun. Now, once in the party, you want to break it up due to your recent lack of success?

I don't hear the complaint stemming from boys basketball. Girls basketball: ask for separate classes. Start some better youth programs. Same for volleyball.

Non-revenue sports? They really don't enter the discussion due to lack of support in general as proven by the forums on this site.

I think that you give yourselves way to much credit. Trinity and X are not the reason for most wanting to split. Football is not the end all. There are many other reason for all the coaches and AD and principals voted for the split. So when we talk about a split, Trinity and X should not assume that everyone is just trying to get away from them.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that you give yourselves way to much credit. Trinity and X are not the reason for most wanting to split. Football is not the end all. There are many other reason for all the coaches and AD and principals voted for the split. So when we talk about a split, Trinity and X should not assume that everyone is just trying to get away from them.

The mass majority of the membership does not contend with a private school in their area. This was a good old fashioned power play orchestrated by a few adminstrators who have distaste for the private schools. Thank goodness those with the real power, elected officials, stepped in and squashed this separatist movement. Remember our Commonwealth's motto "United We Stand, Divided We Fall". :dancingpa

Football and basketball are the money generators and are the engines that drive the bus for the KHSAA and membership schools.