Separation Poll

Jesse James

Do you favor a public/private separation?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Do you favor a public/private separation?

• Yes I say divide them.
    • No. Keep it the same.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except for the publics in Jefferson County and the surrounding areas, what would that matter to the rest of the public school state?

And, the same would apply for private schools who may be, let's say, dominating girls basketball, or girls golf, or power lifting, or lacrosse...I'd say that may affect you.

Not negatively, but positively.

So, let's say, hypothetically speaking, a split occurred, you think that it would somehow negatively impact the private schools, to the degree that it would benefit the public schools?

Here's a question:

A split occurs and the private schools must play for their own championships. What happens to the financial aid restrictions in place to comply with the KHSAA regulations?

Who cares about the financial aid that some are already getting anyway? Do you assume that every good player would want to attend a private school? Don't flatter yourself. The only reason some are there now is because of the advantages they have in "attracting" players from a large area. I have family that lives in a state where the public and privates are separate--no one in the public sector even cares who wins the private tournaments and it sure hasn't hurt their enrollment or the athletes that attend.

Who cares about the financial aid that some are already getting anyway? Do you assume that every good player would want to attend a private school? Don't flatter yourself. The only reason some are there now is because of the advantages they have in "attracting" players from a large area. I have family that lives in a state where the public and privates are separate--no one in the public sector even cares who wins the private tournaments and it sure hasn't hurt their enrollment or the athletes that attend.

Please translate?? :confused:

Since T and X would be in a separate division than the public schools, what would it matter to the public schools how good they are? Except for the Louisville publics and the surrounding areas that they would draw from.

You fail to acknowledge that as far as football goes, "the state" wanted to play the big boys. You all pleaded to crash the "party" in 1974. 4A was created so Henderson County, Boone County, Christian County, Clark County could have their day in the sun. Now, once in the party, you want to break it up due to your recent lack of success?

I don't hear the complaint stemming from boys basketball. Girls basketball: ask for separate classes. Start some better youth programs. Same for volleyball.

Non-revenue sports? They really don't enter the discussion due to lack of support in general as proven by the forums on this site.

You fail to acknowledge that as far as football goes, "the state" wanted to play the big boys. You all pleaded to crash the "party" in 1974. 4A was created so Henderson County, Boone County, Christian County, Clark County could have their day in the sun. Now, once in the party, you want to break it up due to your recent lack of success?

I don't hear the complaint stemming from boys basketball. Girls basketball: ask for separate classes. Start some better youth programs. Same for volleyball.

Non-revenue sports? They really don't enter the discussion due to lack of support in general as proven by the forums on this site.

I can't comment on football in 1974. I was 9 and we didn't have football in my county growing up, so I never played it. Went to one practice of the Red Devils in Campbell County, it had been cancelled without calling us and we never returned. That is my experience growing up with football.