Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

J. Shockey

What kind of Shockey will we get? 30 members have voted

  1. 1. What kind of Shockey will we get?

    • New, improved, and less whiny.
      16%
    • Same old, same old.
      53%
    • They'll trade him before they ever find out.
      30%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

So, will we see a toned-down version of the all-world TE next year? Personally, I think Coughlin is just the type of guy to sit Shockey down in his office and say, "Listen up, jerk. I'm sick of the act and so is Eli. So no more of your me-first crap, or you're out of town on the next train." And he would be completely justified to do so.

 

Shockey publicly is happy for his teammates, but inside his stomach has to be churning with discomfort with the knowledge that he has just been rendered completely expendable. The Giants clearly were a better team — and by several rungs of the ladder, I might add — without his overbearing presence.

 

If I were running the Giants front office, I would be leaking rumours of a straight-up deal for Todd Heap. Shockey would fit in well there with his fellow U. brothers and their UNMATCHED INTENSITY.

 

Well, whaddya think?

  • Replies 69
  • Views 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What was Shockey's deal with not being on the sidelines at the Superbowl? Was it league rules with him being on IR, or something else?

 

I agree Jim....and it helps to have a 6'7" Tight End that performed well in the playoffs and keeps his mouth shut in Boss.

Shockey is not a team player and is very disrespectful. While his team was shedding blood on the field he was sitting up in a luxury box drinkin a beer. Yes, I know he was injured but he should have been on the sidelines with the TEAM.

Move him for draft picks.

What was Shockey's deal with not being on the sidelines at the Superbowl? Was it league rules with him being on IR, or something else?

 

I agree Jim....and it helps to have a 6'7" Tight End that performed well in the playoffs and keeps his mouth shut in Boss.

 

He's got a broken leg! He is on crutches, I do not blame him at all for being in the booth.

Move him for draft picks.

 

Not happening. He's better than Boss in the receiving department and the blocking department. He's also an emotional leader of the team.

Shockey is not a team player and is very disrespectful. While his team was shedding blood on the field he was sitting up in a luxury box drinkin a beer. Yes, I know he was injured but he should have been on the sidelines with the TEAM.

 

You must know him better than Michael Strahan, his teammate. Strahan said that despite what some may think, Shockey is a team player all the time and that he'd take 52 other Shockey's on his team any day of the week.

 

He's not a team player? I'll provide some examples of why he is the PERFECT team player.

 

Against Tennessee last year he broke his finger before the game. The BONE went THROUGH THE SKIN. A compound fracture I believe is what it is called. Most of his teammates said it was disgusting to look at. He told them to pop it in and tape it up, because he was playing. He didn't miss a game, not even that one.

 

This year, when he broke his leg, he wasn't even supposed to be playing. He had a badly sprained ankle and the doctors told him that he should sit out a game or two, but he declined. He taped it up, took some pain killers and went out there with his team. He broke his leg in that game and was out for the rest of the season.

We will get the same Shockey. He'll be there working his butt off day in day out next season just like always.

 

I believe one reporter asked Eli about the theory that the Giants are better with out Shockey and Eli responded with..."That's a stupid theory". :lol:

So, will we see a toned-down version of the all-world TE next year? Personally, I think Coughlin is just the type of guy to sit Shockey down in his office and say, "Listen up, jerk. I'm sick of the act and so is Eli. So no more of your me-first crap, or you're out of town on the next train." And he would be completely justified to do so.

 

Shockey publicly is happy for his teammates, but inside his stomach has to be churning with discomfort with the knowledge that he has just been rendered completely expendable. The Giants clearly were a better team — and by several rungs of the ladder, I might add — without his overbearing presence.

 

If I were running the Giants front office, I would be leaking rumours of a straight-up deal for Todd Heap. Shockey would fit in well there with his fellow U. brothers and their UNMATCHED INTENSITY.

 

Well, whaddya think?

 

If there is one top tight end I wouldn't trade Shockey for, it's Todd Heap. He's injured more than Shockey is.

I am a Giants fan and I think that the Giants should explore trading him. He could have some real trade value and the team proved that the offense can survive without him. I think Boss can be a great TE for the future and with Shockey's injury history and the fact that he has to rehab from a broken leg to come back next season, it may be best for the Giants to look at trade possibilities and see what is out there. If a team is willing to give up a second or better, pull the trigger.

I saw how he was saucing it up in the box at the Super Bowl...nice....he is one of my all time favorite TE's...I think that next year, he will be a tremendous asset as the Giants try to get over the hump they couldn't with their last two Super Bowls...missing the playoffs.

Though we share the same surname (and we are distantly related), I have never been much of a fan of Jeremy. I don't like the punkish bravado that he plays with. Maybe thats what they taught him at "The U". I tend to think they keep him and wee see more of the same, but they could just as easily trade him and continue to develop Kevin Boss.

Shockey is a self destructive person, getting him out of NY would probably be good for him...

I am a Giants fan and I think that the Giants should explore trading him. He could have some real trade value and the team proved that the offense can survive without him. I think Boss can be a great TE for the future and with Shockey's injury history and the fact that he has to rehab from a broken leg to come back next season, it may be best for the Giants to look at trade possibilities and see what is out there. If a team is willing to give up a second or better, pull the trigger.

 

A trade would hurt the Giants cap if I'm not mistaken.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.