February 2, 200818 yr http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?id=3222008&sportCat=ncb I was interested in what he meant by this quote... So all that taunting is a waste of breath. When Stanford students took their best shots in warmups, Mayo never looked up and showed a poker face. "I played basketball in the woods of eastern Kentucky," says Mayo. "It gets no worse than that."
February 2, 200818 yr I guess he is saying he has been called worse by people in EKY. Never been a fan of OJ Mayo.
February 2, 200818 yr OJ was harrased by the student section in almost every road game he played in while he was at Rose Hill.
February 2, 200818 yr "I played basketball in the woods of eastern Kentucky," says Mayo. "It gets no worse than that." I find that quote absolutely hysterical.
February 2, 200818 yr http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?id=3222008&sportCat=ncb I was interested in what he meant by this quote... So all that taunting is a waste of breath. When Stanford students took their best shots in warmups, Mayo never looked up and showed a poker face. "I played basketball in the woods of eastern Kentucky," says Mayo. "It gets no worse than that." Well ....... he sure never had to walk to school ..... up hill both ways ... in the snow !!:jump:
February 2, 200818 yr You know how we are down here in this part of the state. We never learn to read or write and then we put on our one pair of shoes and step out on our cousin/spouse just to go taunt poor, quiet and bashful O.J..:mad: A guy like O.J. is going to get taunted everywhere and at every level he plays. Let him lay it on us down here, but I'll be suprised if he does not hear worse before he's done playing. Just one more reason to dislike the guy and hate USC.
February 2, 200818 yr Mayo will receive verbal abuse from every fan base because of who he plays for and because of his abilities. I am sure he will get the last word as he deposits his NBA paycheck.
February 2, 200818 yr He will end up where MANY dream of playing--the NBA--& he will have a very nice career.
February 2, 200818 yr I've been critical of OJ's play but have never said a word about some of his "Character Issues" that have been discussed on this board. I'm tired of defending him and trying to convince myself that he's something other than what he is. He's a good athlete with a huge ego. Point blank. I'd say he was taken care of pretty well during his playing days at Rose Hill and for him to turn around and say something like that really angers me. I honestly wish he would have just stayed in West Virginia his entire career rather than using "The woods of eastern Kentucky" as nothing more than a stepping stone.
February 2, 200818 yr He may of played in KY but he never lived there... The bosters at RH made sure OJ and company were always safe even back and forth from school in that blue and white bus or the van that he would get escorted in by the RH folks.... All I have to say that this is a player that KY and especially Rose Hill should be proud of.....
February 3, 200818 yr EXCEPT for that part of the state that him and everyone else seems to like to take swipes at anyway. Old reputation, brand new finger pointers. Y'all can have him!
February 3, 200818 yr If you guys had been at the games in Lawrence Co. you would see that our part of the state earned this reputation. Chanting the name of a slave ship leaves a lasting impression. Plus I remember, and I'm sure Happy o'l dad remembers, a cetain radio announcer questionning how he could afford expensive basketball shoes.
February 3, 200818 yr http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?id=3222008&sportCat=ncb I was interested in what he meant by this quote... So all that taunting is a waste of breath. When Stanford students took their best shots in warmups, Mayo never looked up and showed a poker face. "I played basketball in the woods of eastern Kentucky," says Mayo. "It gets no worse than that." Maybe he didn't stay in Eastern Kentucky long enough to complete all his English requirements!! :laugh:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.