February 3, 200818 yr I never thougt this guy had a very good attitude. He will end up in the NBA, but will be traded a lot because he will be a cancer on the team.
February 3, 200818 yr If you guys had been at the games in Lawrence Co. you would see that our part of the state earned this reputation. Chanting the name of a slave ship leaves a lasting impression. Plus I remember, and I'm sure Happy o'l dad remembers, a cetain radio announcer questionning how he could afford expensive basketball shoes. I remember it like it was yesterday... I think it was a good question....
February 3, 200818 yr I remember it like it was yesterday... I think it was a good question.... And this more than anything explains why our part of the state has the reputation of being backward and ignorant.
February 3, 200818 yr Every part of the state puts idiots behind mics for high school basketball and football games, though. You can't blame Pikeville for what some moron said in Lawrence County.
February 4, 200818 yr Every part of the state puts idiots behind mics for high school basketball and football games, though. You can't blame Pikeville for what some moron said in Lawrence County. I agree but you can see how this would level a lasting impression on a 13 or 14 year old kid. And it was morons in Lawrence County.
February 4, 200818 yr He may of played in KY but he never lived there... The bosters at RH made sure OJ and company were always safe even back and forth from school in that blue and white bus or the van that he would get escorted in by the RH folks.... All I have to say that this is a player that KY and especially Rose Hill should be proud of..... That confirms what I said earlier ! :thumb: Well ....... he sure never had to walk to school ..... up hill both ways ... in the snow !! If I had a player as talented as he is I would take care of him to . He is still a kid and may mature enough to clean it up a bit.
February 4, 200818 yr Yessir, that OJ was looked after in the same manner that Arliss Beach was looked after. I took no offense to what he said. I understood the young man to mean that the ridicule he endured while he was here from the haters in eastern Ky. was worse than anything he's had to endure in college. Let's face it, he was riduculed because he was a ultra-talented, young black man playing for a school that everyone was used to letting their JV beat up on, and in the heart of the white south, and that wasn't overly popular. Keep your head up young Mayo. You'll achieve your dreams and more. And just like young Mr. Beach, you'll be earning a living playing the game you love, regardless of how each of you was transported back and forth from your out of town homes to your out of town schools!!!! Only in America, baby!
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.