Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2008 Rockcastle County

Featured Replies

What does Rockcastle County need to do to improve in 2008? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 96
  • Views 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will post my comments AFTER February 3rd when Big Tom has made a decision about his future. It is hard to make a decision about this team without knowing the system or coach.

From what I understand Chris Larkey doesnt want the job, why, I have no idea.

Rockcastle will be fine, they have a load of talent coming up and only lost 5 seniors.

They should hire Scott Parkey since neither assistant coaches Saylor or Chris Larkey want it. Parkey is familiar with the kids and a former player here.

Until Coach Larkey says he is leaving, then he isn't. Rumors are for high school kids, not adults on this site, so if you dont know for sure, then dont say anything.

From what I understand Chris Larkey doesnt want the job, why, I have no idea.

Rockcastle will be fine, they have a load of talent coming up and only lost 5 seniors.

They should hire Scott Parkey since neither assistant coaches Saylor or Chris Larkey want it. Parkey is familiar with the kids and a former player here.

Until Coach Larkey says he is leaving, then he isn't. Rumors are for high school kids, not adults on this site, so if you dont know for sure, then dont say anything.

 

Unless, they hire a big name coach or someone like Johnny Poynter who has had experience in the program before. Some things never change and Rockcastle's basic scheme is one of those things. :lol:

Coach Larkey has not accepted any other job at this point. Not saying he won't...but from what I'm hearing he hasn't yet.

i hope they get a respected coach, and i like coach TOM but i hope none of his kids get the job sorry

i hope they get a respected coach, and i like coach TOM but i hope none of his kids get the job sorry

 

:lol:

 

Neither will apply, IMO.

 

I would be willing to bet the farm that Scott Parkey, Johnny Poynter, and Josh Martin apply, the first two actually having a chance.

:lol:

 

Neither will apply, IMO.

 

I would be willing to bet the farm that Scott Parkey, Johnny Poynter, and Josh Martin apply, the first two actually having a chance.

 

I would say that Poynter will not apply for this job.

I would say that Poynter will not apply for this job.

 

I think he will and could be a possiblity to be hired.

 

On topic of what they return this year they do have some good players coming back but must replace the heart and soul of their team in Burkart. Good QB and some good RB's return.

Rockcastle only loses three "significant" seniors in Zach Burkhart, Abe Kirby and (to me the hardest to replace) Scott Daughtery. The line will need to step up big time next year. The guys returning are relatively small but play hard. Devon Mason and Cole Abney have been working very hard to get in shape for the next season. Dustin Bishop could be great this season, expecially if Scott Parkey is still around. Hopefully, Rockcastle can magically gain a tall reciever because Burkhart was a key factor in the passing game.

I just read in another thread that Campbellsville has shown interest in Zach Burkhart! Congrats to him.

Rockcastle only loses three "significant" seniors in Zach Burkhart, Abe Kirby and (to me the hardest to replace) Scott Daughtery. The line will need to step up big time next year. The guys returning are relatively small but play hard. Devon Mason and Cole Abney have been working very hard to get in shape for the next season. Dustin Bishop could be great this season, expecially if Scott Parkey is still around. Hopefully, Rockcastle can magically gain a tall reciever because Burkhart was a key factor in the passing game.
That is right Burkhart did play a key factor in a passing game but if Tanner Perkins comes back right there could be your tall reciever. Also you have Thacker, Hayes , Mize and Smith and none of them are to small but they do carry the power to get the job done in smashmouth football that the ROCK is known for.
I just read in another thread that Campbellsville has shown interest in Zach Burkhart! Congrats to him.

Best of luck to him where ever he goes.:thumb::thumb:

That is right Burkhart did play a key factor in a passing game but if Tanner Perkins comes back right there could be your tall reciever. Also you have Thacker, Hayes , Mize and Smith and none of them are to small but they do carry the power to get the job done in smashmouth football that the ROCK is known for.

 

Holy Crap! I thought he was a senior! :lol: This is great. I think we can be a pretty good team, all we need now is an experienced head coach.

First thing is to make a solid hire for your head coaching position. I know this is saturday, but if he goes this will be the first big move and I mean BIG.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.