If the election were today, who would you vote for?

HHSDad

If the election were today, who would you vote for?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. If the election were today, who would you vote for?

• Hillary Clinton (D)
    • John Edwards (D)
    • Mike Gravel (D)
    • Rudy Guliani ®
    • Mike Huckabee ®
    • John McCain ®
    • Barack Obama (D)
    • Ron Paul ®
    • Mitt Romney ®

I prefer Huckabee. However, if he continues to fade and is out of contention by the time Kentucky votes, I will look seriously at McCain. I generally do not give much consideration to endorsements, but the one from General Schwarzkopt got my attention. I admire him and his opinion greatly.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you're right about the way the media has portrayed him. I began noticing awhile back that any story mentioning Huckabee would most likely introduce him as "former Baptist minister", or "Evangelical candidate" and only occasionally as "former govenor" Mike Huckabee. Although I can't for the life of me understand why being any of those titles is a deterrent.

I like to watch the presidential politics, but other than that, I don't get into it much, so my knowledge is limited. But, here is what I think...

If Barack Obama wins the democratic nomination, I think he'll be the next president regardless of his opponent.

If Hillary Clinton wins the nomination...

1. ...and John McCain is her opponent, I think McCain will win.

2. ...and Romney is her opponent, I think Hillary will win, but it could be close and swing the other way...(like I heard an analyst say this weekend, "Don't count out a guy who won the governor of Massachusetts as a Mormon Republican.")

3. ...anyone else and Hillary will win, IMO.

I wonder if an Obama/Edwards ticket would be possible? That might be a pretty tough combination to beat for the Republicans.

I'm betting that Edwards will be the VP candidate for Obama or Clinton. I still think Richardson would be better, but Edwards pulls in more votes.