Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rose Hill 59 Bath Co. 55 (OT)

Featured Replies

Good win for Rose Hill. I wonder why they didnt show up for the first half?

 

So you would have something to post about.:sssh:

  • Replies 64
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Goodness, I just got home. My driver drives 55mph. I can run my mouth faster than that. Wonderful high school basketball game. Popcorn disappointed, I think they had a fill-in tonight manning the popcorn maker.

 

I have to agree with Walrus to a degree about the first half. Poor rebounding, poor shot selection by the Royals and that young Clemons boy can really put the biscuit in the basket. He really impressed me. He's not very tall. (If I could advise him of one thing, it would be to lose the cornrows, tease that thing heavenward young man, it's done wonders for me). The second half the Royals put pressure full court on Bath and they struggled with it. Now I see how Elliott beat them so bad.

 

And some other observations. First that coach of Bath Co. seemed to be upset every single time the whistle blew. He griped at the official every trip. His face was as red as his jacket. Last time I saw someone that upset, Iron Mike had some of Evander's ear in his mouth. And when the game was over, one of the Rose Hill fans was yellin' so loud I saw her denture fly out and she caught it right before it hit Rocky Adkins in the back of the head at Center court. If I'd have been a bit closer, I'd have given her a stick of gum to try and glue that baby in.

 

Great high school atmosphere. Bath people were terrific hosts, of course with the exception of the boo's when Mr. Euton and Mr. Jackson were named co-MVP's. Great tournament by the Wildcats, they are very solid and seem to be very physical and well coached.

 

Lastly, congratulations to the Barber boy, the Arthur boy, and Euton and Jackson for all tournament. Good luck in Richmond Royals, who knows what may happen with a good run.

 

Only in America, baby!

Well I just got back from the ballgame. It was another exciting ballgame. I thought the Wildcats were going to run away from the Royals early in the 3rd quarter when I believe they stretched their lead to as high as 15. That's when the Royals decided to press full court, and they made their run. They made a couple of quick steals to cut the lead to 11, and the Robbie Barber made what might have been the biggest shot of the night when he hit a 3 from way downtown to cut the lead to single digits at 8. It was good to see this young Royals team fight and claw their way back. I thought Coach Hicks had a good game plan to make the game as physical as possible, and the officials sure let them play. Dakota Euton was pushed, shoved and grabbed all night. He didn't have what I felt was one of his better offensive games, even though I'm sure he ended up with close to his average, and it's good to see the Royals can still win when Euton is not on. Chad Jackson had another solid game, and Tony Arthur had some big early baskets as well. I thought the officials let the play get a little too rough near the end of the game when Bath County was trying to foul. There were a couple of instances when I thought intentional fouls should have been called. One particular time Chad Jackson was grabbed by the jersey and thrown to the floor out of bounds. Hopefully this game will toughen the young Royals up a little bit when they run into another physical team. I must say I was very impressed with the Clemmons kid from Bath County. He sure can play. I don't know how many he ended up with, but I would be shocked if he didn't score at least 30 tonight. Congrats once again to the Royals, and good luck next week in Richmond. :thumb:

Well I'm sure glad I made the trip west tonight to see this ballgame. It certainly was worth the $20 I paid for my wife and two kids and myself. This was the first time I've seen either team play this year, and I came away impressed with both teams. Bath County really took it to the Royals early, and led by 10 at the half I believe. They stretched their lead out early in the third, and then Rose Hill started pressing. I wonder what took them so long to press because that is certainly what turned the tide in their favor. I realize that the Euton kid was taking a pretty good beating tonight, but I felt he should have worked harder to try and get the ball. He also didn't seem to be much of a factor on the boards tonight. I would have to think that Bath County won the battle of the boards tonight. I know they had several offensive rebounds. I also noticed that Rose Hill doesn't seem to do a very good job of feeding the post. Some of their passes tonight were just thrown up in hopes that Jackson or Euton would just go up and get it. I agree with the others who have praised the Clemons kid. He can definitely put the ball in the hole. He had to shoot around 60% from the field tonight. As Don King mentioned I was also disappointed in the way most Bath County fans treated the Royals during the trophy presentations. I certainly don't understand the boos toward the young men from Rose Hill. That was certainly undeserving, and you are setting terrible examples for your children when act that way. The Rose Hill fans applauded your young men when the received their trophies.

What a game!!! Congrats to the Royals!!! I am so proud of all you boys!!!

Great defensive game by Malloy!!! Onward to Richmond we go!!!!

 

 

 

:dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa

Congratulations to coach Fraley and the Royals on another 16th region all-A title. Good luck in Richmond. Just made my hotel reservations!:banana:

Well I just got back from the ballgame. It was another exciting ballgame. I thought the Wildcats were going to run away from the Royals early in the 3rd quarter when I believe they stretched their lead to as high as 15. That's when the Royals decided to press full court, and they made their run. They made a couple of quick steals to cut the lead to 11, and the Robbie Barber made what might have been the biggest shot of the night when he hit a 3 from way downtown to cut the lead to single digits at 8. It was good to see this young Royals team fight and claw their way back. I thought Coach Hicks had a good game plan to make the game as physical as possible, and the officials sure let them play. Dakota Euton was pushed, shoved and grabbed all night. He didn't have what I felt was one of his better offensive games, even though I'm sure he ended up with close to his average, and it's good to see the Royals can still win when Euton is not on. Chad Jackson had another solid game, and Tony Arthur had some big early baskets as well. I thought the officials let the play get a little too rough near the end of the game when Bath County was trying to foul. There were a couple of instances when I thought intentional fouls should have been called. One particular time Chad Jackson was grabbed by the jersey and thrown to the floor out of bounds. Hopefully this game will toughen the young Royals up a little bit when they run into another physical team. I must say I was very impressed with the Clemmons kid from Bath County. He sure can play. I don't know how many he ended up with, but I would be shocked if he didn't score at least 30 tonight. Congrats once again to the Royals, and good luck next week in Richmond. :thumb:

 

The Royals are 2 for 2 when you show up and spindoc buys the wings.:thumb: Congratulations to the Royals on a great win. I will be honest I had doubts that they would come back from being down 15. Thanks for proving me wrong. I agree the refs let the game get physical. This may help the young Royals in Richmond.

Congrats to Rose Hill. Heck of a comeback to be All-A region champs!

zz-001.jpg

Congratulations Royals!!! What a comeback. You fought hard and NEVER gave up. I am so proud of each and every one of you. I also agree with the comments about the Bath County fans. Probably the most disrespectful I've seen this season. :confused: Anyhoo, JOB WELL DONE RH. I pray for strength and health to the team. Rest and enjoy.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Thanks Bluegrass Will for posting this great picture!!!:thumb:

Who is the probable champion of the 7th and how good are they? Did Rose Hill get a good draw?

This was a true home court advantage, even down to the sheriff bullying some Rose Hill kids. But that is what makes high school basketball great. I don’t think the boos from Bath hurt Chad and Dakota. Heck, I was in front of their families, they were cheering so loud I couldn’t hear anything else. Both teams played very hard and emotions were high. I think this was another step for RH becoming a great team. They never gave up, even when they were down 15 to a school that had beaten them earlier by 18.

I hope they make some noise in the All –A so Rose Hill can maybe shake the reputation they have, whether warranted or not, of bringing in hired guns. These are good kids who use their talents to honor God. They deserve all the support of the 16th region.

Bath Co. is still my second favorite team. I spoke to some fans after the game and they were very gracious. I also spoke to Blandon Clemmons before and after the game. He is an outstanding kid both on and off the court. If he has the ball with ten seconds left he is going to score, I think he did it four time last night.

This was a true home court advantage, even down to the sheriff bullying some Rose Hill kids. But that is what makes high school basketball great. I don’t think the boos from Bath hurt Chad and Dakota. Heck, I was in front of their families, they were cheering so loud I couldn’t hear anything else. Both teams played very hard and emotions were high. I think this was another step for RH becoming a great team. They never gave up, even when they were down 15 to a school that had beaten them earlier by 18.

I hope they make some noise in the All –A so Rose Hill can maybe shake the reputation they have, whether warranted or not, of bringing in hired guns. These are good kids who use their talents to honor God. They deserve all the support of the 16th region.

Bath Co. is still my second favorite team. I spoke to some fans after the game and they were very gracious. I also spoke to Blandon Clemmons before and after the game. He is an outstanding kid both on and off the court. If he has the ball with ten seconds left he is going to score, I think he did it four time last night.

 

 

The only way you shake the Hired Gun thing is quit doing it.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.