Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rose Hill 59 Bath Co. 55 (OT)

Featured Replies

I would just like for the 16th to get behind these kids now that they are representing them. I wish everybody had a chance to know these kids like I do.
Amen to that... :thumb:
  • Replies 64
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ol Jimbo never has been the best rolemodel for good sportsmanship. He is right about one thing though. Clemons and Metz are very underappreciated in the 16th region.

 

Coach Fraley's comment in the game last night put Mr. hall in a very bad light and may cost them from having him on anymore of Rose Hills games. Coach Fraley to Coach Hicks during the game,"come on Jim you know I'm going to get all the calls when my roomie's calling." Everyone around the table and the bench heard this. Joking or not this puts Mr. hall in a bad situation. As for the Rose Hill stars getting roughed up. It's my understanding that the 9th region reffs will be calling the 16th region tourament. Get ready for a physical tourament. I'll agree great game by both teams and Blandon Clemons proved he is one of the best players in eastern KY.

A couple of comments on it all. First of all congrats to the Royals, way to work hard and get the job done, good luck in Richmond

 

Jimbo has always been that way and he is ot going to change.

 

Metz and Clemons are great players and so are Jackson and Euton, as well as a lot of players in the 16th region.

 

As far as officials, I can fairly say that Rose Hill that they have had their share of tough officiating.

 

I hope that the 16th gets behind these kids and support them in Richmond.

 

Also Mike Davis, Robbie Barbour, Dakota Euton, the Bushes have been there since elementary school.

Also Mike Davis, Robbie Barbour, Dakota Euton, the Bushes have been there since elementary school.

 

Add Tony Arthur and Scott Gambill to that list. Plus Alex Malloy came from Holy Family after his 6th grade year and FWIW Holy Family is a private school that doesn't have a high school. Nate Quackenbush came to Rose Hill as a freshman and was home schooled up to that point.

 

Bigcat08's comments are just way off base.

Coach Fraley's comment in the game last night put Mr. hall in a very bad light and may cost them from having him on anymore of Rose Hills games. Coach Fraley to Coach Hicks during the game,"come on Jim you know I'm going to get all the calls when my roomie's calling."

 

If anything this would cause Mr.Hall give the close ones to whoever Rose Hill is playing. If being a "roomie" would give the advantage to Coach Fraley then I think that I would be calling Mr.Hall and ask what I did as a roommate to upset Mr. Hall. I have watched Bobby Hall call several Rose Hill games and doesn't give Rose Hill any breaks.

Add Tony Arthur and Scott Gambill to that list. Plus Alex Malloy came from Holy Family after his 6th grade year and FWIW Holy Family is a private school that doesn't have a high school. Nate Quackenbush came to Rose Hill as a freshman and was home schooled up to that point.

 

Bigcat08's comments are just way off base.

 

Ricky, I know you guys get tired of explaining everything to everyone at the surrounding schools, including myself. You guys need to just say this is the way it is....Like it or not.

 

Lot of posters will say things to get you guys stirred up, while they know the truth already. It is no surprise that RH has brought players in, but who hasnt. Also no surprise that RH holds kids back, but I could also tell you a lot of surrounding counties that do as well.

 

Anyone in the surrounding areas know where the kids came from and when they made the move and if they were held back. But honestly there is probably not a single school in the 16th Region that can say that every starter went to Elem School in their system.

 

It is what it is, and good luck to the Royals as you represent the 16th Region:thumb:

BTW, Coach Fraley shouldnt be making any comments to Coach Hicks during the game about the Refs, one way or the other. Nothing good that could come from that. Assuming the past posts were true about what Coach Fraley said during game.

Isnt it funny how the roommate issue wasnt a problem when Bath beat Rose Hill earlier in the year.....

Ricky, I know you guys get tired of explaining everything to everyone at the surrounding schools, including myself. You guys need to just say this is the way it is....Like it or not.

 

Lot of posters will say things to get you guys stirred up, while they know the truth already. It is no surprise that RH has brought players in, but who hasnt. Also no surprise that RH holds kids back, but I could also tell you a lot of surrounding counties that do as well.

 

Anyone in the surrounding areas know where the kids came from and when they made the move and if they were held back. But honestly there is probably not a single school in the 16th Region that can say that every starter went to Elem School in their system.

 

It is what it is, and good luck to the Royals as you represent the 16th Region:thumb:

 

I agree with your post.

BTW, Coach Fraley shouldnt be making any comments to Coach Hicks during the game about the Refs, one way or the other. Nothing good that could come from that. Assuming the past posts were true about what Coach Fraley said during game.
I can't say whether or not, Fraley made the comment some say he did. To be honest, it doesn't sound out of character for him to talk a little playful smack in the heat of the battle. I can understand how someone who has never played the game or coached could be alarmed by such a comment, but to anyone who truly knows what goes on, on the floor, Fraley's chiding of Hicks was pretty mild. In fact, I think it's pretty funny... :lol:

 

Fraley and Hicks worked together at Greenup County High School for years. They know one another very well, and from what I've seen, they seem to be on pretty friendly terms. Jim Hicks is a good coach and a fierce competitor. I doubt he was too torn up. If Fraley did say it, he was probably just confirming something Hicks suggested first anyway. :lol:

 

This is truly an attempt to make a mountain out of a mole hill. At the very least no one has to worry about hearing Rose Hill's coach using profanity... :thumb:

Great game, can't wait to see where Hicks has his boy come regional time.

Same old Jimbo. When he gets beat it is someone elses fault. Why cant the man just be gracious in defeat as he is in victory. Jim was all smiles at half time when Bath was up 8 and in victory at Rose Hill in December (with Hall refing that one too). Sour grapes!!!!

 

It wasn't the class a tourament though. I was sitting behind Hick's and heard some of the thing's he said and what Fraley said was not a joke to him. He was genuinely mad. If I were a ref and my college roommate was coaching a game I would decline to ref it just for the sheer fact that it could and did end in a controversy. Now that I think about it Hall does ref a lot of rose Hill games

I can't say whether or not, Fraley made the comment some say he did. To be honest, it doesn't sound out of character for him to talk a little playful smack in the heat of the battle. I can understand how someone who has never played the game or coached could be alarmed by such a comment, but to anyone who truly knows what goes on, on the floor, Fraley's chiding of Hicks was pretty mild. In fact, I think it's pretty funny... :lol:

 

Fraley and Hicks worked together at Greenup County High School for years. They know one another very well, and from what I've seen, they seem to be on pretty friendly terms. Jim Hicks is a good coach and a fierce competitor. I doubt he was too torn up. If Fraley did say it, he was probably just confirming something Hicks suggested first anyway. :lol:

 

This is truly an attempt to make a mountain out of a mole hill. At the very least no one has to worry about hearing Rose Hill's coach using profanity... :thumb:

 

It is possible that you could have, had Hick's college roomate been doing the reffing. :lol:

[/b]

 

It is possible that you could have, had Hick's college roomate been doing the reffing. :lol:

Just for the record, I wasn't suggesting Jim Hick's was saying anything inappropriate... just that Fraley is pretty tame compared to a lot of coaches I've been around.

 

I had about 8 roomates in four years of college, six of whom I haven't seen since then and for good reason. There's only one of the eight I can say I'd want reffing a ballgame for me... :lol:

 

Bobby Hall does as good a job as any ref in the region... I'm impressed he went to college. :lol:

 

FWIW, the folks at Bath County ran a good tournament. :thumb:

I can't say whether or not, Fraley made the comment some say he did. To be honest, it doesn't sound out of character for him to talk a little playful smack in the heat of the battle. I can understand how someone who has never played the game or coached could be alarmed by such a comment, but to anyone who truly knows what goes on, on the floor, Fraley's chiding of Hicks was pretty mild. In fact, I think it's pretty funny... :lol:

 

Fraley and Hicks worked together at Greenup County High School for years. They know one another very well, and from what I've seen, they seem to be on pretty friendly terms. Jim Hicks is a good coach and a fierce competitor. I doubt he was too torn up. If Fraley did say it, he was probably just confirming something Hicks suggested first anyway. :lol:

 

This is truly an attempt to make a mountain out of a mole hill. At the very least no one has to worry about hearing Rose Hill's coach using profanity... :thumb:

 

Are you saying that the Bath County coaches used profanity?????

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.