Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rose Hill 59 Bath Co. 55 (OT)

Featured Replies

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

 

Robbie Barber, Brandon Clemons, Jonathan Ferguson, Tony Arthur, Caleb Howard, Jacob Sparks, Zak Metz, Joe Mabery, Caleb Collins

  • Replies 64
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The only way you shake the Hired Gun thing is quit doing it.

 

Name a contributing player on this team who did not go to grade school at Rose Hill. They are just good and people can’t take it.

The only way you shake the Hired Gun thing is quit doing it.

 

Classy post here. Really adds to the thread about a great game last night. Some 16th region fans shouldn't live in glass houses.

 

Anyway, that Clemmons kid from Bath had a spectacluar game last night. He scored a bunch and hit some big shots down the stretch, and didn't miss anything in the first half. A very impressive performance indeed. It helped Rose Hill a lot when they were finally able to put Jackson on him in the overtime to keep him from shooting (as much). They couldn't do it earlier to protect Jackson from picking up any cheap fouls. Good coaching by Mr. Fraley.

If you missed the game folks it was certainly a classic. Big plays made by both teams down the stetch with Clemmons sending it into OT with a clutch shot with only seconds left. And then the OT was nip and tuck til the end. What a game!

To answer someone's question about who was all tourney, I can't remember everyone but Rose Hill had Arthur, Barber, Euton and Jackson, while Bath had Clemmons, Metz and Mabry. I remember Collins from Fairview and an Elliott Co player (Ferguson I believe).

Lordy, Lordy! Just looked at the Daily Independent account of the game.

Here's the link: http://www.dailyindependent.com/localsports/local_story_026010346.html

 

Here's my favorite exerpt:

"In a big game, it's hard to overcome when a team makes eight more freethrows than we attempted," said Bath Co. coach Jim Hicks. "Clemons and Metz are two of the best players in the region and I wish they would get the same respect."

 

Now, I understand he was upset at the time of the interview. But I hope he understands that when you are down in regulation and down in OT that those fouls you commit to try to get back in it result in freethrows. Just a tip from the world's finest promoter, honey, you have to take the lumps with grace just like when you give them. That's what makes the rematches so much more attractive. I hope that the good coach has woken up this morning and come to his senses and realizes his team could have been in serious foul trouble from the opening whistle but the officials let them play. That Bobby Hall did a fine job but that Greenburg, Greenspan, Greenpeace, whatever his name is, now he seemed to struggle. If the good coach looks at the tape again I think he'll realize that his team got away with several intentional fouls that would have sealed his fate much earlier. I will give credit where credit is due, his corner could have thrown in the towel much sooner, but they never quit. Good to see that from these fine young men!

 

Only in America, baby!

 

 

Wonderful slideshow:

 

http://static.cnhi.zope.net/flashpromo/dailyindependent/flashpromo/slideshow/classic_show/

Name a contributing player on this team who did not go to grade school at Rose Hill. They are just good and people can’t take it.

 

How long has Chad Jackson been there? Didnt he move in with the Euton's when he came from Lexington?

Chad's been at Rose Hill since 7th grade.

 

People need to quit crying when Rose Hill does something good. People just hate to see RH do good. They just need to realize that Rose Hill is the best and get over it.

How long has Chad Jackson been there? Didnt he move in with the Euton's when he came from Lexington?

 

Before the thread gets closed or something else happens, let's get back to the game. Two darn good schools in the 16th played a good game, I have enjoyed watching Bath's resurgence this year. :thumb:

Lordy, Lordy! Just looked at the Daily Independent account of the game.

Here's the link: http://www.dailyindependent.com/localsports/local_story_026010346.html

 

Here's my favorite exerpt:

"In a big game, it's hard to overcome when a team makes eight more freethrows than we attempted," said Bath Co. coach Jim Hicks. "Clemons and Metz are two of the best players in the region and I wish they would get the same respect."

 

Now, I understand he was upset at the time of the interview. But I hope he understands that when you are down in regulation and down in OT that those fouls you commit to try to get back in it result in freethrows. Just a tip from the world's finest promoter, honey, you have to take the lumps with grace just like when you give them. That's what makes the rematches so much more attractive. I hope that the good coach has woken up this morning and come to his senses and realizes his team could have been in serious foul trouble from the opening whistle but the officials let them play. That Bobby Hall did a fine job but that Greenburg, Greenspan, Greenpeace, whatever his name is, now he seemed to struggle. If the good coach looks at the tape again I think he'll realize that his team got away with several intentional fouls that would have sealed his fate much earlier. I will give credit where credit is due, his corner could have thrown in the towel much sooner, but they never quit. Good to see that from these fine young men!

 

Only in America, baby!

 

 

Wonderful slideshow:

 

http://static.cnhi.zope.net/flashpromo/dailyindependent/flashpromo/slideshow/classic_show/

 

 

 

 

I would say Bobby Hill I mean Hall did a fine job. Him and Fraley were College Roommates.

Chad's been at Rose Hill since 7th grade.

 

People need to quit crying when Rose Hill does something good. People just hate to see RH do good.

 

 

 

Not crying just stating facts.

 

Rose Hill was the best team on Monday Night and Friday Night in the 16th Region All A. I guess we will have to wait and see come early March who is the Best team in the 16th Region.

They just need to realize that Rose Hill is the best and get over it.

 

 

 

Like I said in a early Post Congrats to RH and good luck in Richmond. RH WAS the best team in the All A 16th Region. We will see in Morehead who is the best 16th Region team this year. I cant wait.:thumb:

I would say Bobby Hill I mean Hall did a fine job. Him and Fraley were College Roommates.
Cute... but a backhanded shot at some very good kids that played their guts out. A review of the game tape shows a number of missed calls, including a total "sack" of RH's Chad Jackson in the backcourt in the final minute of the game. Why there weren't three officials on the floor for a championship game of this intensity I can't begin to understand.

 

In over 30 years, I've yet to attend a closely contested 16th Region game where fans on either side were totally happy with the officiating... ever.

 

Whatever your opinion on Refs, Coaches, School Administrators, a school's history, etc. it comes down to some truly outstanding young men that get hurt when adults take their frustrations out with bitter comments.

 

This game was played so hard by both teams, it really is a shame that anybody had to go home with an "L" on their record.

Cute... but a backhanded shot at some very good kids that played their guts out. A review of the game tape shows a number of missed calls, including a total "sack" of RH's Chad Jackson in the backcourt in the final minute of the game. Why there weren't three officials on the floor for a championship game of this intensity I can't begin to understand.

 

In over 30 years, I've yet to attend a closely contested 16th Region game where fans on either side were totally happy with the officiating... ever.

 

Whatever your opinion on Refs, Coaches, School Administrators, a school's history, etc. it comes down to some truly outstanding young men that get hurt when adults take their frustrations out with bitter comments.

 

This game was played so hard by both teams, it really is a shame that anybody had to go home with an "L" on their record.

 

 

I sent you a PM.

Lordy, Lordy! Just looked at the Daily Independent account of the game.

Here's the link: http://www.dailyindependent.com/localsports/local_story_026010346.html

 

Here's my favorite exerpt:

"In a big game, it's hard to overcome when a team makes eight more freethrows than we attempted," said Bath Co. coach Jim Hicks. "Clemons and Metz are two of the best players in the region and I wish they would get the same respect."

 

Now, I understand he was upset at the time of the interview. But I hope he understands that when you are down in regulation and down in OT that those fouls you commit to try to get back in it result in freethrows. Just a tip from the world's finest promoter, honey, you have to take the lumps with grace just like when you give them. That's what makes the rematches so much more attractive. I hope that the good coach has woken up this morning and come to his senses and realizes his team could have been in serious foul trouble from the opening whistle but the officials let them play. That Bobby Hall did a fine job but that Greenburg, Greenspan, Greenpeace, whatever his name is, now he seemed to struggle. If the good coach looks at the tape again I think he'll realize that his team got away with several intentional fouls that would have sealed his fate much earlier. I will give credit where credit is due, his corner could have thrown in the towel much sooner, but they never quit. Good to see that from these fine young men!

 

Only in America, baby!

 

 

Wonderful slideshow:

 

http://static.cnhi.zope.net/flashpromo/dailyindependent/flashpromo/slideshow/classic_show/

 

Ol Jimbo never has been the best rolemodel for good sportsmanship. He is right about one thing though. Clemons and Metz are very underappreciated in the 16th region.

I sent you a PM.
I responded.

Guys I'm sorry I got all this started. I would just like for the 16th to get behind these kids now that they are representing them. I wish everybody had a chance to know these kids like I do.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.