Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pre-season 14th Region Baseball

Featured Replies

Yes. The year was 2003 though. Three one-run ball games, Hazard won game one 2-1, and then lost games two and three 3-2 and 1-0.

 

Hazard also faced and defeated Rockcastle Co. in the old format in 2001, when Clay Salyers pitched them to a 1-0 win. In 2000 Rockcastle beat Lee Co. 2-0. Boyd County was loaded both years and won the sectional. In 2002 Lee Co. won in nine innings over Pikeville, and then lost to Middlesboro in the sectional final.

 

I missed, both Hazard and Lee County wins. :thumb:

  • Replies 57
  • Views 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Letcher should be the favorite in the 14th. Coach Dean lives for baseball. He is a great coach that not only knows the game but can get the best out of his players. Not to mention his players will be in excellent shape, while he was helping at Owsley County I was able to run several poles for Coach Dean.

I know the 54th and 56th Districts seed. What about the 53rd and 55th? Do they seed or draw?

Letcher should be the favorite in the 14th. Coach Dean lives for baseball. He is a great coach that not only knows the game but can get the best out of his players. Not to mention his players will be in excellent shape, while he was helping at Owsley County I was able to run several poles for Coach Dean.

 

 

I heard that Letcher lost most everything but second baseman Colten Cook. Is this true?

The favorite has to be from the 54th or 56th. The draw dictates the winner, usually.

Letcher Central is probably the favorite coming in as the defending region champions. Coach Dean is a great coach and finally got that regional title. I am sure LCC will come out with fire in their eyes wanting to repeat.

 

I agree. IMO Letcher will be the team to beat. Coach Dean is an outstanding coach. He showed that in Powell and now at LCC. Bryan is a competitor who knows how to motivate his players and they will come out hungry to win.

I'm still trying to figure out why Coach Dean is not coaching for the Owls, he's from there! I'm not sure anyone can answer that one! Oh, I forgot..It's not basketball and they would not want to spend any money on that, but that's another subject entirely. Sorry, I got carried away :devil:

Do they or are they, LCC planning to build a baseball field? We went there last year and it was so far away from everything, I don't even think it was in Whitesburg.

 

With the state of the art football facility, they maybe building a baby wrigley field!

Do they or are they, LCC planning to build a baseball field? We went there last year and it was so far away from everything, I don't even think it was in Whitesburg.

 

With the state of the art football facility, they maybe building a baby wrigley field!

 

If I'm not mistaken, the field should be ready by the first game.

If I'm not mistaken, the field should be ready by the first game.

 

That is what I have heard also.:thumb:

Should be a nice one with what the basketball and football teams have.

54th and 56th will be very tough districts this year, and along with others on here I look for the winner to come out of one of these two districts.

No way Letcher is the favorite. They lost almost everything. They will be lucky to win their district. The favorites are Estill and Powell from the 56th and Hazard in the 54th. I think the eventual champ comes out of the 56th. That being the team that draws in the bracket opposite Hazard. -- The draw is the biggest factor year-in year-out of who wins the region. Most 14th region schools only have 1 or 2 true quality pitchers. Whoever can win games without throwing their ace pulls through.

There may be a surprise or two coming out of the 14th. I feel that there is a few teams that haven't been in contention the past couple of years, that are going to surprise everyone. Just a feeling I get.

 

Jenkins surprised, just about, everyone except Jenkins and their fans. Lee County may be one of these teams. I just don't think that Powell will be that strong. I look for Jackson City to be better than last season.

 

Hazard lost just like Letcher and Perry Central. The 54th is up for grabs.

 

In the 53rd, Letcher lost a lot of players, just as did Knott Central. Jenkins still has the core that they did last season. JBS added a pitcher that will help them out. I still see Letcher being strong, just not strong enough to keep up in the 14th.

Letcher is the favorite, but look for Hazard to be knocking on the door in the finals.

Estill is loaded and Powell is ready to repeat 2006 magic. District final and regional final. Flip a coin.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.