Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Do we beleive in Him now?

Featured Replies

1 win will not make me quit wandering what is wrong with this team other than injuries. It was 1 win, if we win some games in the SEC tournament then I will be a believer. Either way we are stuck with him and I love the Cats so I'll support them. I believe that bashing him is confused a lot of times with people that are confused about his decisions and voice their concerns, not really bashing, more like critisizing.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've believed in him since we hired him. That being said pre-confernce I was wondering about some of his coaching moves, but since conference play I think he's done a very good job of in game coaching.

The wins will come. What concerns me is his character, his treatment of players, his ability to communicate with the media and the fans, and how he represents the university, the state, and himself. I just can't get a grasp on him yet. Wins and losses will be only a part of my decision to support him.

 

I think a lot of us are in this camp. If given time, I'm sure UK will win games under BCG, but my concerns were not with his ability to get them to winning. Time will tell I suppose.

 

No! I still think it was a bad hire by UK and I believe he is a bad character guy and representative of our state. I can't agree with alot of his off the court behavior, and his arrogance. I have tried to give him a fair shake really, but I guess I can't. I know the days of Tubby are long gone,but I just hope that UK fans are happy. Some are and are in BCG's corner and that is good he needs that. However I'm obviously not and I hate to say it I got disappointed when he won last night. I actually get so frustrated with BCG I have quit watching most UK games.

 

I was happy they won last night because I am a UK fan and always want to see them win. But I can relate to a lot of your sentiments here about the coach.

Is it enough now to quit bashing Billy G.

Let him do his thing.

P.S. Sign that contract!!!!!

GO CATS!

 

I haven't been bashing him at all. I support Billy Clyde.

As for my opinion of him and coaching U.K., that will have to come a year or so later. IMO a coach cannot be judged on his 1st year at a school, especially when he has only 5 years of head coaching experience (even though those 5 years were excelent).

I believe he is a bad character guy and representative of our state. I can't agree with alot of his off the court behavior.

I too have heard a lot of those "rumblings" and rumors. I don't agree with that kind of junk either and "IF" they are true then my mind would be made up very quckly.

I just question some of them going around, seems to me that if he is really out doing all of the things (drinking, womanizing, etc.) that in this day and age of technology .....(camera phones, I-Net) that there would be some pics some where and they would have all been made available and aware of where and how to see them. They would have already been posted/sold to any gossip magazine around. JMO

I just thought two solid confrence wins would help get people off his back.

Are you kdding?? :lol: This is U.K., the place that has a "select" group of fans that would have bashed Adolph Rupp and they did bash a man that averaged 26-27 wins per season, a NCAA appearance every year that he was here, A 7th National Title for the Traditon, a few elite 8's and within a couple of o.t.'s and a guards bad ankle of another final four/fours. O.K., I know, we are not talking about that anymore, I was just making a point about a coach "getting a break" at U.K. :thumb:.

Based on 1 win?

 

I'm happy as anyone with the win over UT. And the team is improving, but how could they not? But I'm not changing my expectations or my impression of BCG's performance for the season on ONE GAME. I hope this is the beginning of better days, but I'm just not ready to pack away the rain gear just yet, UK still has some storms to weather.

:thumb:

I'll give it 2 years to form my opinion.

:thumb:I have to agree and hope that I can keep that.

Please stop!!

 

No I will not! This thread asked each reader the question and I gave my opinion.:p

And I'm sure the Him was capitalized accidentally, right?

 

:laugh::laugh::sssh:

 

That was good...

The wins will come. What concerns me is his character, his treatment of players, his ability to communicate with the media and the fans, and how he represents the university, the state, and himself. I just can't get a grasp on him yet. Wins and losses will be only a part of my decision to support him.

 

I think this should be a concern of everyone, but here is my take on it. I think that a lot of the rumors have some validity to them. You had a single guy who likes to have a good time and he was thrown into a situation like UK basketball where there is so much scrutiny and fan fare. I also think that he will settle into the role he is given.

 

He has to be given time to adjust to us (UK fans) like we have to get used to him. When I hear him interviewed, he seems like a guy that doesn't like the spotlight and who would rather go about doing his job. He will have to learn to deal with some of the other things that come along with being the coach. Maybe him being quiet and private are sometimes seen as him not talking and being arrogant.

 

As for the treatment of players, I think he was horrible to them for a while. I think that was his way and his plan. I will say that I have seen a "TEAM" that has played with more energy and passion over the last couple of weeks then the Wildcats have done in a few years. I also hear comments from the players that make me think they are buying in and that coach is not so bad after all, he just expects excellence in everything they do. I am excited.

Players have bought in. They are playing mentally and physically tougher.

I have always believed in him. Hardheaded players, (some not all), injuries, and some lack of talent have curtailed his efforts.

1 win will not make me quit wandering what is wrong with this team other than injuries. It was 1 win, if we win some games in the SEC tournament then I will be a believer. Either way we are stuck with him and I love the Cats so I'll support them. I believe that bashing him is confused a lot of times with people that are confused about his decisions and voice their concerns, not really bashing, more like critisizing.

 

I'm in the same boat as you. I don't bash BCG, I just question some of his decisions. I will never believe in him 100% as long as he is starting Harris and Coury. Stewart needs to be playing more. He has already lost one major talent (Legion) and I'm afraid he's going to lose another in Stewart.

Stewart needs to be playing more. He has already lost one major talent (Legion) and I'm afraid he's going to lose another in Stewart.

 

Umm.. you really think Legion left because he wasn't playing?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.