January 13, 200818 yr I don't even read the Minnesota threads. I've never followed them and never will. My team is UK and I could care less what a team in Canada is doing. We always update how former players are doing, why not former coaches?
January 13, 200818 yr Starting yet another a thread about it is certainly the best way to stop the Tubby talk...
January 13, 200818 yr :thumb: It has just gotten really old. After three years of doing this, it should be apparent to everyone that none of us is going to change the others opinion on the matter. We all could just keep going back and forth forever. I mean I think both sides have now heard every single argument from the other. So there is really no need to go with it, it is just pointless now and really old. :thumb:
January 13, 200818 yr Starting yet another a thread about it is certainly the best way to stop the Tubby talk... This was exactly what I thought after reading the first line of this thread. I agree with the message but this thought made me laugh for a few minutes.
January 13, 200818 yr If you think the Minnesota threads are started for any other reason than for Smith supporters to say "I told you so" then you have your head buried in the sand. I feel certain that there were no Minnesota threads prior to this season. Really a small percentage of the posters on this board give a hoot about the University of Minnesota. It is a way to stir the pot, which is fine, but lets drop the innocent act. Smith bashers, and I am one of them, get criticized, but both sides are guilty. I will do my part this is my last post concerning Smith. I wish him, Donna, Saul, GG, and all the other members of his family on his coaching staff well.
January 13, 200818 yr UK fans had to endure more than a year of the Tubby bashers injecting themselves into practically every UK basketball thread. In addition, we had to endure countless threadjackings by Pitino fans longing for the days when Slick Rick prowled the sidelines. It would be much easier for the Tubby bashers to simply stay out of the Minnesota threads than it was for Tubby's supporters to avoid the hundreds (thousands?) of Tubby bashing posts that permeated countless UK threads last season. Let's just chalk up threads like this one to karma.:lol:
January 13, 200818 yr Author If you think the Minnesota threads are started for any other reason than for Smith supporters to say "I told you so" then you have your head buried in the sand. I feel certain that there were no Minnesota threads prior to this season. Really a small percentage of the posters on this board give a hoot about the University of Minnesota. It is a way to stir the pot, which is fine, but lets drop the innocent act. Smith bashers, and I am one of them, get criticized, but both sides are guilty. I will do my part this is my last post concerning Smith. I wish him, Donna, Saul, GG, and all the other members of his family on his coaching staff well. That is not true at all, I know I glad people post the scores on here. Because you never see Minnesota on tv, and well dont even see them much on highlights on sportscenter. I usually dont even know what day they are playing, so I glad someone post the scores because I get to see how they are doing. Because I am interested in how Tubby does there and hope he does well. I mean I dont know if Bluegrasspreps had been made yet, but I be willing to bet a lot of money. That people would have been posting a lot of the games of Pitinos in the pro sports thread in keeping up with how he was doing when he first left UK to go to Boston...
January 13, 200818 yr Author Starting yet another a thread about it is certainly the best way to stop the Tubby talk... Hey it seems to have worked a little bit, because we are starting to get people on both sides to agree to stop bringing it up anymore...
January 13, 200818 yr This is a COLLEGE BASKETBALL message board, not a Kentucky ONLY message board. Talk any basketball you want. I agree though, the Tubby debate is OLD!!!!!!! :lol: If the Tubby talk is old, you need to change your name I don't even read the Minnesota threads. I've never followed them and never will. My team is UK and I could care less what a team in Canada is doing. Neither do I but I look at the scores and completely understand why they are posted here. You make it seem like following Minnesota is betraying UK. Does caring about a former coach of my team make me less of a fan then someone who ignores his existence (for any reason)? I feel certain that there were no Minnesota threads prior to this season. Really a small percentage of the posters on this board give a hoot about the University of Minnesota. It is a way to stir the pot, which is fine, but lets drop the innocent act. I don't think the supporters have an innocent act, they are unabashedly updating us on a former coach, as Original Rookie said.
January 13, 200818 yr UK fans had to endure more than a year of the Tubby bashers injecting themselves into practically every UK basketball thread. In addition, we had to endure countless threadjackings by Pitino fans longing for the days when Slick Rick prowled the sidelines. It would be much easier for the Tubby bashers to simply stay out of the Minnesota threads than it was for Tubby's supporters to avoid the hundreds (thousands?) of Tubby bashing posts that permeated countless UK threads last season. Let's just chalk up threads like this one to karma.:lol: Ah, if only you could have been here four or five years ago. UK was in the midst of a 26 game winning streak, and there were still seemingly DAILY Tubby bashing threads (raise your hand if the name "Farmhands" rings a bell). Through those years of success, I, along with a select few, managed to defend the job OTS was doing (only to garner the monikers Tubby Lover or Tubby Apologist). Some UK fans (the 82%, as we're known on BGP) understood that the three-year run UK had in the mid-to-late 90's was the EXCEPTION, not the norm. We understood that Final Fours weren't easy. That 27 wins per season is special. That number one seeds are hard to come by. That 20 win seasons, NCAA Tournament appearances and SEC titles are one of the ingredients of an elite program. That "owning" that former coach down the road was awesome. However, on the same note, some UK fans have selective memory. They remember 1992, 1996, and 1997. And becuase of this selective memory, they would say that we "apologists" were merely accepting mediocrity from our UK program and its coach. And that's fair. As BCG said, the thing that seperates UK from the others is the passion of its fanbase. Some folks truly needed a lesson in perspective, and this season will teach it. There are several Tubby bashers on this board that, even though they would be hesitant to state it, would agree that OTS may have been a little better coach than they thought. Others will hold strong to the "this is Tubby's mess" argument, and that's fair, too. But you'd all better understand, Tubby's success from here on out will always be compared to the success of whomever is coaching UK at the time. And believe me, according to not only the Bluegrasspreps family, but the nation as well, there could be nothing more fair. And BTW, I hope UK and BCG win every game from here to eternity, because I am a UK fan. But because I'm a realist, I take hope that with every loss a little perspective may be gained...
January 13, 200818 yr If you think the Minnesota threads are started for any other reason than for Smith supporters to say "I told you so" then you have your head buried in the sand. I will do my part this is my last post concerning Smith. I wish him, Donna, Saul, GG, and all the other members of his family on his coaching staff well. 1. Wrong , anyone who thinks that a true U.K. fan cannot be interested in how Tubby is doing with his Minnesota team are the one with their head buried in the sand (or somewhere ). I am and always will be a U.K. fan, nothing will change that and...............I am also going to pull for Minnesota and Tubby Smith in any and every game that they play except should we (U.K.) happen to play them. 2. :thumb: I am glad to hear you say that, especially after you said that a Tubby/Minnesota basketball thread/threads were "irrelavent" and then you proceeded to post on them, I don't guess they were so irrelavent, uh? :sssh::lol:
January 13, 200818 yr Ah, if only you could have been here four or five years ago. UK was in the Through those years of success, I, along with a select few, managed to defend the job OTS was doing midst of a 26 game winning streak, and there were still seemingly DAILY Tubby bashing threads (raise your hand if the name "Farmhands" rings a bell). (only to garner the monikers Tubby Lover or Tubby Apologist). Some UK fans (the 82%, as we're known on BGP) understood that the three-year run UK had in the mid-to-late 90's was the EXCEPTION, not the norm. We understood that Final Fours weren't easy. That 27 wins per season is special. That number one seeds are hard to come by. That 20 win seasons, NCAA Tournament appearances and SEC titles are one of the ingredients of an elite program. That "owning" that former coach down the road was awesome. However, on the same note, some UK fans have selective memory. They remember 1992, 1996, and 1997. And becuase of this selective memory, they would say that we "apologists" were merely accepting mediocrity from our UK program and its coach. And that's fair. As BCG said, the thing that seperates UK from the others is the passion of its fanbase. Some folks truly needed a lesson in perspective, and this season will teach it. There are several Tubby bashers on this board that, even though they would be hesitant to state it, would agree that OTS may have been a little better coach than they thought. Others will hold strong to the "this is Tubby's mess" argument, and that's fair, too. But you'd all better understand, Tubby's success from here on out will always be compared to the success of whomever is coaching UK at the time. And believe me, according to not only the Bluegrasspreps family, but the nation as well, there could be nothing more fair. And BTW, I hope UK and BCG win every game from here to eternity, because I am a UK fan. But because I'm a realist, I take hope that with every loss a little perspective may be gained... Great Post , very well said!! :ylsuper::thumb:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.