Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

To All My Fellow UK Fans Regarding Tubby

Featured Replies

Ah, if only you could have been here four or five years ago. UK was in the midst of a 26 game winning streak, and there were still seemingly DAILY Tubby bashing threads (raise your hand if the name "Farmhands" rings a bell). Through those years of success, I, along with a select few, managed to defend the job OTS was doing (only to garner the monikers Tubby Lover or Tubby Apologist).

 

Some UK fans (the 82%, as we're known on BGP) understood that the three-year run UK had in the mid-to-late 90's was the EXCEPTION, not the norm. We understood that Final Fours weren't easy. That 27 wins per season is special. That number one seeds are hard to come by. That 20 win seasons, NCAA Tournament appearances and SEC titles are one of the ingredients of an elite program. That "owning" that former coach down the road was awesome.

 

However, on the same note, some UK fans have selective memory. They remember 1992, 1996, and 1997. And becuase of this selective memory, they would say that we "apologists" were merely accepting mediocrity from our UK program and its coach.

 

And that's fair. As BCG said, the thing that seperates UK from the others is the passion of its fanbase.

 

Some folks truly needed a lesson in perspective, and this season will teach it. There are several Tubby bashers on this board that, even though they would be hesitant to state it, would agree that OTS may have been a little better coach than they thought. Others will hold strong to the "this is Tubby's mess" argument, and that's fair, too. But you'd all better understand, Tubby's success from here on out will always be compared to the success of whomever is coaching UK at the time. And believe me, according to not only the Bluegrasspreps family, but the nation as well, there could be nothing more fair.

 

And BTW, I hope UK and BCG win every game from here to eternity, because I am a UK fan. But because I'm a realist, I take hope that with every loss a little perspective may be gained...

 

Whatever happen to that guy? OTS did a lot of great things here at Kentucky. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want him gone, but it's working out great for him. Now that he's gone, I can't see why we can't appreciate what he's done, wish him the best, and hop on board the BCG era. The constant arguing is not accomplishing anything at all.

  • Replies 52
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whatever happen to that guy? OTS did a lot of great things here at Kentucky. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want him gone, but it's working out great for him. Now that he's gone, I can't see why we can't appreciate what he's done, wish him the best, and hop on board the BCG era. The constant arguing is not accomplishing anything at all.

I wish I knew. Farmhands probably made me laugh more than any poster in the history of BGP. I didn't much agree with what he had to say, but he was nevertheless entertaining. Sometimes I wonder if he hasn't reincarnated himself ;)

Whatever happen to that guy? OTS did a lot of great things here at Kentucky. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want him gone, but it's working out great for him. Now that he's gone, I can't see why we can't appreciate what he's done, wish him the best, and hop on board the BCG era. The constant arguing is not accomplishing anything at all.

This I can agree with you on....:thumb:. Although I supported Tubby on here and still do at Minnesota, I will always be a U.K. fan and I am behind BCG all the way.

I wish I knew. Farmhands probably made me laugh more than any poster in the history of BGP. I didn't much agree with what he had to say, but he was nevertheless entertaining. Sometimes I wonder if he hasn't reincarnated himself ;)

 

:lol: Mee too, I abaolutely cracked up and the guy - to me that was comic relief that I could go to anytime that I was in a bad mood.

This whole Tubby thing really needs to just come to a stop. I mean I not talking about just the bashers, but also us supporters. I mean all this going back and forth is just really getting old now. I mean Tubby is not the coach anymore, yet he is still the main topic in every thread. I know early in the year after we looked really good in Billy G's first couple of games, we had the Tubby bashers taking shots saying how nice it will be not to have 10 losses this year. Then after we started losing we had some of us Tubby supports including me, saying how we wouldnt have lost some of the game to like Gardner Webb, etc if Tubby was the coach. Then today after a great win we are at again, and had a Tubby basher say how Billy G was able to beat Vandy unlike Tubby. I mean seriously this all needs to come to a stop. We had a great win today, and yet all we do is still fight over Tubby who is no longer our coach. I mean WE ALL ARE UK FANS, so we should just all be happy and enjoying the victory instead of fighting over Tubby some more.

 

I mean for now on we really should not even mention Tubby in a UK thread win or lose. If we win there is no reason to say Tubby couldn't have done that, or if we lose we shouldn't blame it on Tubby. Or say that well Tubby wouldn't have lost to that team. I mean also in the Minnesota threads, there is no reason for people to get in there and take shots at him like some people do. And no reason for any of us to say how much of a better record Tubby has over Billy G now.

 

For now on I think we all should just agree to stop all this Tubby debate, and just talk about the actual game and no more bashing either way. The UK threads are about UK now and not Tubby who no longer coach. And the Minnesota threads are just about Minnesota and we should just talk about the games at hand.

 

I think we all could agree that all this debating has just really gotten very old, and have seem to taken away from talking about the actual games, and enjoying good victories like todays. So please lets all just stop, I know I am one of them and will stop as well. Can't we all just get along.:D

 

 

 

I agree:thumb:

As I have stated on here many times I liked Tubby, but not Minnesota. I have one question I would like answered honestly: If Minnesota was 2-12 or 3-10 would all these Minnnesota threads still be on here.

As I have stated on here many times I liked Tubby, but not Minnesota. I have one question I would like answered honestly: If Minnesota was 2-12 or 3-10 would all these Minnnesota threads still be on here.

 

Sadly, there would be twice as many IMO.

  • Author
As I have stated on here many times I liked Tubby, but not Minnesota. I have one question I would like answered honestly: If Minnesota was 2-12 or 3-10 would all these Minnnesota threads still be on here.

 

Yes I could almost guarntee it, except it would be the Tubby bashers who would be the ones posting every loss. Both sides just does whatever it can to get at the other side.

Hey it seems to have worked a little bit, because we are starting to get people on both sides to agree to stop bringing it up anymore...

 

I hope it does. I wish Tubby well in Minnesota, but I'm sure tired of every UK hoops thread turning into a Tubby debate. I don't expect it to stop though.

Ah, if only you could have been here four or five years ago. UK was in the midst of a 26 game winning streak, and there were still seemingly DAILY Tubby bashing threads (raise your hand if the name "Farmhands" rings a bell). Through those years of success, I, along with a select few, managed to defend the job OTS was doing (only to garner the monikers Tubby Lover or Tubby Apologist).

 

Some UK fans (the 82%, as we're known on BGP) understood that the three-year run UK had in the mid-to-late 90's was the EXCEPTION, not the norm. We understood that Final Fours weren't easy. That 27 wins per season is special. That number one seeds are hard to come by. That 20 win seasons, NCAA Tournament appearances and SEC titles are one of the ingredients of an elite program. That "owning" that former coach down the road was awesome.

 

However, on the same note, some UK fans have selective memory. They remember 1992, 1996, and 1997. And becuase of this selective memory, they would say that we "apologists" were merely accepting mediocrity from our UK program and its coach.

 

And that's fair. As BCG said, the thing that seperates UK from the others is the passion of its fanbase.

 

Some folks truly needed a lesson in perspective, and this season will teach it. There are several Tubby bashers on this board that, even though they would be hesitant to state it, would agree that OTS may have been a little better coach than they thought. Others will hold strong to the "this is Tubby's mess" argument, and that's fair, too. But you'd all better understand, Tubby's success from here on out will always be compared to the success of whomever is coaching UK at the time. And believe me, according to not only the Bluegrasspreps family, but the nation as well, there could be nothing more fair.

 

And BTW, I hope UK and BCG win every game from here to eternity, because I am a UK fan. But because I'm a realist, I take hope that with every loss a little perspective may be gained...

 

Some people may have bashed Tubby during that 26 game win streak, but farmhands wasn't one of them. He wasn't even a BGP member during that time. :sssh:

This I can agree with you on....:thumb:. Although I supported Tubby on here and still do at Minnesota, I will always be a U.K. fan and I am behind BCG all the way.

 

 

:lol: Mee too, I abaolutely cracked up and the guy - to me that was comic relief that I could go to anytime that I was in a bad mood.

 

Too bad we have so many uptight, humorless folk on BGP, or he'd still be around...:madman:

Some people may have bashed Tubby during that 26 game win streak, but farmhands wasn't one of them. He wasn't even a BGP member during that time. :sssh:

His stay was short-lived, sadly, but he was a member in the general time-frame that I was discussing ('03-'04) in which UK had the most wins in college basketball. I was simply using a general example of the type of poster that made Tubby's tenure a no-win situation of sorts...

Too bad we have so many uptight, humorless folk on BGP, or he'd still be around...:madman:

I'm not so sure that he's not still around ;)

I just have to laugh because I really believe that some UK fans can get a nice win and still are looking for a way to blame Tubby for that win! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yes I could almost guarntee it, except it would be the Tubby bashers who would be the ones posting every loss. Both sides just does whatever it can to get at the other side.

 

I was just getting ready to post this when I saw your post, this is exactly what would have happened.

His stay was short-lived, sadly, but he was a member in the general time-frame that I was discussing ('03-'04) in which UK had the most wins in college basketball. I was simply using a general example of the type of poster that made Tubby's tenure a no-win situation of sorts...

 

I don't know how wide of a time span you include in the "general time-frame" of the 03-04 season...if the general time-frame of the 03-04 season in which UK won 26 straight games carries all the way into the 05-06 season in which UK returned back to it's ten loss ways, then yes, he was a member during that general time frame...;)

 

Farmhands didn't become a member until at least two seasons after that great season...:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.