Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elliott County 80 Grace Academy, TN 72

Featured Replies

A big congratulations to the Lions! I certainly hope that they can keep their legs under them? This will be a brutal tournament for them if they can continue to win? I truly believe that with good ball handling, a swarming defense and good three point shooting that Elliott County can certainly beat anyone in Kentucky on a given night. Can they put three more games together...I certainly hope so! Best of luck (yes luck is usually required) men and I hope you bring home to Sandy Hook the championship!

  • Replies 74
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a poll on Bluegrasspreps.com. I have no idea where to find the Cantrell ratings. This is the latest:

 

 

Boys Basketball Rankings 12-17

1. Mason County

2. Ballard

3. Lexington Catholic

4. Scott County

5. Jeffersontown

6. Bryan Station

7. Covington Catholic

8. Elliott County

9. Adair County

10. Paducah Tilghman

11. University Heights

12. Pleasure Ridge Park

13. Henry Clay

14. Madison Central

15. Holmes

16. Paul Dunbar

17. Corbin

18. Hazard

19. Tates Creek

20. North Hardin

 

 

MaxPreps High School Sports had Cov. Catholic at number 5 this week, Last week they were at number 4. fyi

  • Author
There is a poll on Bluegrasspreps.com. I have no idea where to find the Cantrell ratings. This is the latest:

 

 

Boys Basketball Rankings 12-17

1. Mason County

2. Ballard

3. Lexington Catholic

4. Scott County

5. Jeffersontown

6. Bryan Station

7. Covington Catholic

8. Elliott County

9. Adair County

10. Paducah Tilghman

11. University Heights

12. Pleasure Ridge Park

13. Henry Clay

14. Madison Central

15. Holmes

16. Paul Dunbar

17. Corbin

18. Hazard

19. Tates Creek

20. North Hardin

 

As an Elliott County fan for all my life, it looks so good to see Elliott County in the top ten of the state. I played for this team and watched them through the bad times and now the good. I hope they play well and win the game the game against Covington Catholic. That would be a huge win against a big name school in KY. I appreciate all the hard work from the players, coaches and parents over the years that have led to this team. A big thanks from me to all of you.

At this point in the season Elliott is better than Mason. If everybody's healthy tomorrow, I think the Lions will prevail by 8 or 10.

 

Just keep in mind when EC and CC play tomm night that Mason had this same CovCath team down by 30 points in there game earlier in the season.I like Elliott's team as i got to watch them tonight for the 1st time,But i think against Mason you see they might struggle some against there size and depth.They played a pretty bad game tonight and still won by 35 against LCA.Should be fun if they both win tomm night but right now I'm focusing on JBS.

:laugh: I agree on the polls.Being in the same region I know how good Mason Co is. I have not had the pleasure to watch the Lions this year. But growing up in Morgan Co, and playing Sandy Hook,( as it was known in the 60's) I hope that the Lions wins the tourney.

 

Ah, yes, the Sandy Hook Invitational Tournament of the 60's was a classic! And that little team from Morgan County - Ezel - used to really put on a show back in the day. :-)

 

Although I live in Atlanta now, I grew up in Morehead, played against Coach Mays during the 'Rocky Adkins era'. Ha.

 

Sure would love to see this team win a state championship - it would be reminisent of Edmonson County back in '76.

With all due respect, Grace's resume doesn't look anything like that of a top-20 caliber team. They're 6-4 with a loss to a team that was beaten by Murray today and a loss in their last game to a team with a 7-8 record.

At this point in the season Elliott is better than Mason.
Whoa ... the gauntlet has been laid down.

 

We'll have to revisit this post in 48 hours.

With all due respect, Grace's resume doesn't look anything like that of a top-20 caliber team. They're 6-4 with a loss to a team that was beaten by Murray today and a loss in their last game to a team with a 7-8 record.

 

Which prompts me to make my prediction for tomorrow night.

Elliott County wins by 13.

The big prospect 6-10 McMasters had about 10 blocks. I believe they said he was held to 7 points. So Timmy Knipp did a good job on him. Elliott did not shoot well tonight, but forced several turnovers. It is good to see Elliott win when they have an off night shooting.

 

Knipp wasn't matched up with the big guy on defense. Mays put Ferguson on him from the tip. Smart move seeing how Timmy Knipp seems to get in early foul trouble every game. I guess Knipp still found somebody to foul though. The Grace guards didn't seem to try and get the to the big guy much.

 

Ferguson had a bad night shooting, especially in the second half, and still puts up 30. He is the real deal!

Knipp wasn't matched up with the big guy on defense. Mays put Ferguson on him from the tip. Smart move seeing how Timmy Knipp seems to get in early foul trouble every game. I guess Knipp still found somebody to foul though. The Grace guards didn't seem to try and get the to the big guy much.

 

Ferguson bad night shootinghad a , especially in the second half, and still puts up 30. He is the real deal!

 

He was on fire in the first half(4-6 from 3) but your right it seemed to go south in the second!

  • Author
He was on fire in the first half(4-6 from 3) but your right it seemed to go south in the second!

 

Ferguson just played as he does. He's an impressive player. He's averging 34 per game in the tourney, he just doesn't quit. At 6'2" he out played two players that were at least 6' taller than him. Hat's off to a great player.

Ferguson just played as he does. He's an impressive player. He's averging 34 per game in the tourney, he just doesn't quit. At 6'2" he out played two players that were at least 6' taller than him. Hat's off to a great player.

 

Impressive, yes, very!

Good players rise to the occasion against good teams in tough situations. Ferguson, Ethan and Evan have done just that in this tournament no matter what happens from here. It is fun to see an Elliott County team making a little noise in a big venue!

The big prospect 6-10 McMasters had about 10 blocks. I believe they said he was held to 7 points. So Timmy Knipp did a good job on him. Elliott did not shoot well tonight, but forced several turnovers. It is good to see Elliott win when they have an off night shooting.

 

Ferguson guarded McMasters and held him to 7 points::ylsuper:

Cov Cath's toughest test of the year tomorrow vs. Elliott County

 

WRONG!! CC played Mason Co. and they are the BEST team in the state. Will be a great game though:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.