Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tom Leach

Featured Replies

Just before the North Carolina game a couple of weeks ago, he put Leach (or it may have been Dick Gabriel) on his heels before the game. You could definitely hear the friction when BCG was telling him "Not to make excuses for us". He repeated this about 4 or 5 times over the course of a couple of minutes and got just a little aggitated with it. It was bad enough that the other on-air guys were jabbing at the dust up a little as the show went on. Something is definitely amiss between the two, being the on-air staff and himself, IMO.

 

ALSO, pay me $2 million + a year and try to stop me from showing up where I needed to show up at. I could put up with a lot of crap for a lot of green, but that's just me, I guess.

BCG has been nothing but nice to the custodial staff. One of his assistants was a jerk about it when he first got here and has since mellowed a bit. They all just want to coach ball and work very hard at it.

Totally agree, I thought he seemed very short with his answers. When Leach asked if he thought that teams weren't intimidated by UK, he replies " I don't know, I can't answer that. You will have to ask their coach." While I'm paraphrasing , that was basically the brunt of the response and I just felt that he came across as a jerk. That was my first pre-game interview I have heard of Gillespie but i have heard that it is not uncommon for him to act that way. I mean he may not enjoy the interview but Tom Leach is just doing his job and BCG doesn't seem like he is interested in making in it any easier on him.

 

I'm not going to go and say I was a Tubby Lover, but I certainly wasn't a Tubby Basher. But in 10 years I can honestly say I never heard an interview as I heard today. No , Tubby never went through a 4 game losing streak, but I mean what does that say about Tubby ? Just a class act that didn't deserve the ridicule he did.

 

Agree:thumb:

I could care less if he comes and speaks to my Rotary Club. I want him to win games and get recruits. That is it!

I was told this weekend, that the President of the University had to have a talk with Billy G this summer about when the University has a social, the UK basketball coach WILL be in attendance.

 

Than I read this and I began to wonder.

 

Do the demands of the UK coach get so intense and so many that it interferes in his ability to do his job as UK coach to the level that needs to be done.

 

For example, which is more important for the UK coach and how his team is performing on the floor, a UK social, the constant interviews or watching tape and preparing a game plan or being on the road recruiting?

 

It seems the constant demands make the UK coach rely on their assistants so much more than most other coaches. (I would assume Duke, UCLA, UNC, etc are similar in demands.)

 

And I believe that Tubby's failure came from a lack of quality assistant coaches.

 

Could it have been that part of Tubby's problems with recruiting was simply he didn't have the time, energy to get out on the road like he needed to and the assistants level wasn't there to offset the lack of time that he could be on the road.

 

It seems that Billy G is wanting to coach and all of the other stuff is getting in the way of him being able to actually coach.

 

 

 

 

 

Or simply, he is a jerk.

 

 

I agree!:thumb:

 

The “social” part is the same reason Rupp can'/won't be as intimidating as a UNC, Duke, "The Pit" in New Mexico, or even IU. Because UK has to have the "social" blue hairs paying those big checks to sit down low..... :fire::fight::fight:

I'm glad someone posted this because I was thinking about posting it to, I think he always seems the same way in every interveiw, he's always short and quick, and he just seems irritated by doing the interveiws.

I'm glad someone posted this because I was thinking about posting it to, I think he always seems the same way in every interveiw, he's always short and quick, and he just seems irritated by doing the interveiws.

 

With the way we've played so far any coach in the nation would seem irritated after a game.

He was ripping into them BEFORE the game.

It appears quite clearly that BCG in not very media savy. Unfortunately for him, that is an area that could be quite beneficial to him. He needs to use the media to put as much positive spin as possible on these difficult situations. Pitino was the master with the media and Tubby was well above average. If BCG doesn't begin handleing himself better I believe it will haunt both him and the program during his tenure. The media can be an ally or his worst ememy and right now he certainly doesn't need enemies.

I think he is already getting enemies. It's bad when the home team announcers don't care much for you. I have defended BCG on here, but what I am hearing it's not bolding well for the future of him, or UK basketball for that matter.

I think he is already getting enemies. It's bad when the home team announcers don't care much for you. I have defended BCG on here, but what I am hearing it's not bolding well for the future of him, or UK basketball for that matter.

Let's all take a deep breath. This thread for the most part is built on what someone else's experiences. Do we have anyone here that has had any first hand situations with the new coach?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.