Sam Robey to Florida

He'll have to put on some weight to play OL in the SEC. Is he playing basketball for Trinity this year or trying to put on weight? Is Florida looking at him as a center? (I thought I heard that a while back.) Florida is the best college program for a Trinity recruit since..........Shaun Johnson at Tennessee?

I am very proud of Sam, kind of disappointed he didn't go to Louisville, but am not surprised, from conversations I had been told he wanted to go "away" to school, which left UK or MTSU until Urban offered...I do think he's going down there without a position right now, which is great for him....they'll start evaluating him, and his body and go from there. I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the DL one day...I would love to see him as a center.

Didn't his Dad, Rick, come from Florida to UK? Or was it Louisianna? I had the pleasure of meeting Rick's Dad down at UK when I was a Freddie and dorming at Holmes Hall 1-R. Nice, nice man! It's a shame his grandson didn't "bleed Blue!")

Good kid from a good family. Congrats Sam. The State just lost another good prospect.

I had heard this was a possibility for Sam. Where is this confirmed. Can someone provide a link, I'd like to read more on this development.

Good Kid for sure.

I thought Rick was from New Orleans. Brother Martin High (or something like that). Where is LSURock when you need him?

It looks like it's both. Born in FLA, went to High School in LA.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/robeyri01.html

I thought I remembered Rick telling me he played baseball in High School in New Orleans, LA.

So the story goes, he player catcher and was one of those guys that could easily throw you out stealing second base without standing up. It's no wonder he's got such bad knees.

• 2 weeks later...
I am very proud of Sam, kind of disappointed he didn't go to Louisville, but am not surprised, from conversations I had been told he wanted to go "away" to school, which left UK or MTSU until Urban offered...I do think he's going down there without a position right now, which is great for him....they'll start evaluating him, and his body and go from there. I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the DL one day...I would love to see him as a center.

Sam actually was recruited as a center. Why did you say you'd love to see him there? Since he's never played that position, other than long snapping, that's a bold prediction. I was suprised to see him recruited at center, so I'm anxious to see how he does.

BTW, to the other poster, he did not play BBall this season, so he can add weight. He wants to add 30ish lbs before July '08.

Listening to Sam and his dad talk, it sounds like he was not anxious about deciding between UK and UofL. He would have upset a lot of folks either way. I honestly thought he's go to Purdue if he didn't go to UofL. I was hoping ND would offer, but they didn't.