December 16, 200718 yr Just give BCG some time to get his own players in and then see what happens. :thumb:
December 16, 200718 yr I agree and they are not mentally tuff, the leaders on this team cry too much. :cry:Tubby babied these guys too much.:cry: Just give BCG some time to get his own players in and then see what happens. I like that Tall Trees, this is one of my biggest problems with UK over the last 10 years, and it still infects the team today.
December 16, 200718 yr What would the cats record be now if Jasper and Meeks were not hurt? I would say 6-2 with losses to UNC and IU... That would be best case scenario.. Those two aren't saviors so I'm sure they would of still slipped up one more time to a below average team they should have beat.
December 16, 200718 yr Dead on. They did as they pleased, and now discipline is in town and no one likes it. Also, this team may be even worse (talent wise) than the first Pitino team. At least those guys had a lot of heart and determination. PP is all that keeps this from being a mirror of the '89 talent.
December 16, 200718 yr NIT bound. Uh....that might be a stretch the way things are lookin' now. :eek:
December 16, 200718 yr If Meeks or Jasper plays then UK prob. wins the UAB game. UK is hurting bad without Meeks, and Jasper and losing Legion didn't help any either. I didn't expect UK to be 4-4 right now, but who did?? I bet no one expected Jasper and Meeks to both be hurt, and to lose Legion. I expected them to win tonight. Their next game won't be an easy one either. They HAVE to win their next game. They can't lose 4 games in a row and fall to 4-5.. I think if Meeks, Jasper, and Legion are all playing and healthy, UK is in good shape..Patterson needs to keep on playing good, help is on the way. For the question, this UK team is pretty bad. But they have had some injuries and other things to happen. They have to win at least 10 games in the SEC to have a good year and make it to the NCAA tourney.
December 16, 200718 yr IMO...With Jasper and Meeks they may have won at IU...:thumb: uuuummmmm nope UK would had beat GW and UAB though.
December 16, 200718 yr UK is bad. But just think these are Tubby Smith's players. He is without 2 of the best players in Meeks and Jasper. He has some very good players coming in. Liggins and Miller could start this season for UK. We just have to give him time. I know, I hate that UK is losing but we have to relax. Just wait to BCG get's HIS players in at UK. Could they? Legion is also highly rated. What if Miller and Liggins dont practice hard? It's looking like hustling in practice is more important than performing in games. Don't get me wrong, players need to practice hard. But theres comes a point when you need to give somebody else a shot at some of the minutes played by these bums. :confused:
December 16, 200718 yr I knew this season would be difficult but without Meeks and Jasper this team is very poor. 3 guys on the team that can score, the rest are role players.
December 16, 200718 yr I have nothing against Tubby when he was in town. He did a good job of coaching pitinos boys to the national championship. My problem with him was his lack of recruiting. He couldn't land the top recruits that we needed. Time finally caught up with him and now BCG will hae to pay the price for at least the next year or two. KY will bounce back and be the top team we are used to, give BCG his time before we run him out of town.
December 16, 200718 yr I think the injuries to Jasper and Meeks show the real problem with UK at this time. It is the recruiting, excuse me, lack of recruiting that has taken place over the last several years under Tubby Smith. There is NO WAY a program of UK's stature should be hurt as badly as this team is by the losses of Meeks and Jasper. Both are good but neither are locks to become All American. What sets, or should set, premier programs apart from others is the depth of highly talented players on the roster. These are not BCG's players. He didn't create the lack of QUALITY players on this roster but he is stuck with it. You could pick the coach and put them in charge of this group and they would struggle to be any better off than they are right now. My dad, RIP, always told me, "Son, you can't make chicken salad out of chicken poop." (edited for BGP) Well dad, I'm not sure there will be much chicken salad at UK this year.
December 16, 200718 yr This team is VERY BAD! The play virtually no defense and they just don't have the offensive talent needed to win.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.