Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Zebras

Featured Replies

So many times we as fans point fingers at the officials in an attempt to justify a loss. Keep in mind a great football team should be able to overcome a bad call. The Refs are human and in my opinion do a great job. Yes they make errors. That is all part of the game.

 

 

I for one appreciate and want to thank them for yet another great season of High School football in this beautiful state of Kentucky.

 

Thanks, Jeepman

So many times we as fans point fingers at the officials in an attempt to justify a loss. Keep in mind a great football team should be able to overcome a bad call. The Refs are human and in my opinion do a great job. Yes they make errors. That is all part of the game.

 

 

I for one appreciate and want to thank them for yet another great season of High School football in this beautiful state of Kentucky.

 

Thanks, Jeepman

 

I have to agree with you. Just about all the games I have been to have been really fair. Some time I guess refs are hard to come by, and they have to get maybe some that have less experience. That can cause a problem. Playoff there should be no problem. Not that many games to do.:thumb:

Cannot speak for all REf. associations, but the ones I am familiar with -the average fan has no idea how much time is spent and all that goes into their training and study. They do not have a vested interest in the outcome. They could care less about who wins or looses. They care about one thing - and that is doing the best job that they can and calling a fair game. Looks easy from up in the stands.

 

From the games I saw this weekend thought all did a very good job.

Thanks for the kind words. We really don't mind a little criticism though, it goes with the job. Most of us would do the "job" for free by the way, but please don't give the KHSAA any ideas.

 

I always read the BGP thread for the games I work before I watch the tape so I know in advance which plays I screwed up. It wouldn't be near as much fun if passionate fans weren't sitting in the stands.

Thanks for the kind words. We really don't mind a little criticism though, it goes with the job. Most of us would do the "job" for free by the way, but please don't give the KHSAA any ideas.

 

I always read the BGP thread for the games I work before I watch the tape so I know in advance which plays I screwed up. It wouldn't be near as much fun if passionate fans weren't sitting in the stands.

 

 

 

 

I cant agree more. We, or I think I speak for most all officials, don't officiate for the money or the recognition. We do it for the love of the game. We do it because we are competitve. We strive to get it right, to make it fair, and to keep all players as safe as possible.

 

I would like to say thank you to 99% of the players and fans for another great football season. I am already looking foward to our spring clinic where we can begin to dig back into the rules study and see friends in the profession from all over the state.

 

Let me finish by saying that if you are at all interested in football and you share the same love of the game that we do. You might consider becoming a football official. Most all officiating associations are always recruiting new officials. Have a Happy Holidays, and looking foward to a new football season.

Officials have a very tough job. I agree that a bad call here or there usually doesn't mean disaster because there are about 100 other plays that contribute to the game. Anyway, my experience is that when a crew is bad, they are bad for both teams....usually. :cool:

Officiating is a great time to look upon ourselves as role models. How we perform in a respective manner on the field, these young men may pick up on something and carry it from the game. I hope you all a great holiday season and may it be safe and free of any idiots on the roadways!

I have coached in Tennessee the last 3 years and, after some of the experiences we have had, I dont think I will ever say a bad word about Ky officials. Ky officials are, in my experience, much more professional and much more willing to communicate with the coaches. I am not talking about judgement calls because they are just that...judgement. Im talking about being professional on the field and being on top of the rulebook. Ky officials go to more clinics and they are very good about making coaches understand small rule changes and points of emphasis. It has been my experience that Ky refs simply take their job much more seriously. They have an impossible job and I appreciate the work that they put in for very little compensation. Keep up the good work guys.

I think zebras are awesome! :ylsuper::ylsuper:

I think zebras are awesome! :ylsuper::ylsuper:

 

Especially if they are cooked and smothered in mustard:ylsuper:

Especially if they are cooked and smothered in mustard:ylsuper:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

 

 

 

They make some good chilly too!!!!!

Officials have a very tough job. I agree that a bad call here or there usually doesn't mean disaster because there are about 100 other plays that contribute to the game. Anyway, my experience is that when a crew is bad, they are bad for both teams....usually. :cool:

 

Usually, yes. Unless you are in the right part of the state during regular season.

My biggest complaint is there is no consistancy with the rules. I have seen illegal substitution called tons of times this season. There was an instance where I complained to a ref about a team breaking the huddle with 12, sometimes 13 players and he laughed at me saying it is not a rule in high school, only on Sunday's. I told him we were called for it twice the week before, he laughed again and all but called me a liar.

Please, just get on the same page.

Not sure what happened in that situation, but if you were told breaking the huddle with 12 is not in the rule book for high school then you were told correctly.

 

Do you know what the rule is? Most bgp guys do because we have talked about it yearly on this site.

My qustion is why do we get "out of town officials" in the first couple of playoff games when we play teams in our own district? And what part of the state?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.