Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top Student Sections??

Featured Replies

Cov. Cath is at the top and no one else is close. My biais opinion is Mason Co. students aren't the loudest around, but they also seem to come up with some nice ideas for themes to their home games.

  • Replies 67
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Covcath 2) Ashland. No one else comes even close.

 

I'd give Ashland more credit if they did anything original. From what I saw last year they just do Cov Cath's stuff, and not nearly as well.

 

Great enthusiasm by the tom cat fans but just because you imitate someone doesn't mean you're on the same level as they are.

I can't stand Cov. Cath fans! Just because they're loud and have chants does not make them the best in the state. They remind me of the Cameron Crazies only they're wannabes. I don't think it's right how close they can get to a player when he's taking the ball out by them, I don't like the chants directed at individual players. Being a good fan to me is rooting for your team not upstaging the opponent.

 

:cry:

Are you sure Dunbar?Everygame ive ever went to in Lexington our fans out number theres attendence is awful in Lexington.

 

Dunbar had a nice 2-3 year run, but it has expired. Must have been a creative class.

Did not say they were on the same level. Hence #2. Cov. Cath is the best. Have not seen anybody better than Ashland's except Cov. CAth. At least Ashland student's are into the game and supporting their team. Give them some credit.

Franklin County has really good fans, they have traveled to both away games and have outdone both student sections which includes the supposedly rowdy East Jessamine crowd. Cov Cath defintely has the top one in the state though!

I can't stand Cov. Cath fans! Just because they're loud and have chants does not make them the best in the state. They remind me of the Cameron Crazies only they're wannabes. I don't think it's right how close they can get to a player when he's taking the ball out by them, I don't like the chants directed at individual players. Being a good fan to me is rooting for your team not upstaging the opponent.

 

Still they are a great student section!

Well, we all know this answer! It's Cov. Cath. If you haven't seen their student section yet, you need to go to a game! One the team is very good and fun to watch, but the student section makes it come to life! Cov. Cath by far, nothing like it! Friday vs. Mason, will be nuts!

No one is better than the CovCath Crazies, and it has been that way for a long, long time....I am so proud of this year 2008 Senior Class, as they have done a great job in the two homes games so far this season.......Hopefully they will come to the Mason County game in mass to show the Mason County students how it is done, but you really need to go see them at CovCath to really appreciate their cheering.......

There are several reasons I had this date circled on the calendar. Most obvious, seeing the Royals back in the Fieldhouse, the second one seeing a great opponent like Cov Cath and third being their fans.

 

With it not being a home game for Cov Cath, I know it won't quite be the same, but I'm really hoping they "bring it" cause it's already been "broughten" lol

 

Leave the house in just a couple hours, can't wait.

Maybe I'll have to go to the game in Mason tonight to see what all the hype is about. I have seen some fans taunt the other fans when their team is already winning by 40 or 50 points. Even saw a MC player taunt the opposing fans once after making a 3 in front of their fan section. They were up by about 30 then,... not necessary.

 

IMO, a good fan should cheer their team on and get their team going. I don't know about CCHS's fans but I can't imagine they would be rude, after all they are receiving quite a bit of praise on this site.

I think being rude to opposing fans shows little class, especially when you are ahead in a blow-out victory. But some cheering sections still do it.

I can't stand Cov. Cath fans! Just because they're loud and have chants does not make them the best in the state. They remind me of the Cameron Crazies only they're wannabes. I don't think it's right how close they can get to a player when he's taking the ball out by them, I don't like the chants directed at individual players. Being a good fan to me is rooting for your team not upstaging the opponent.

 

I remember taking the ball out of bounds back in the day...and the kids where so close they were pulling hairs off the back of my legs! Guess I could have shaved them?

Anyway, don't know what the criteria is, and I have not see all the other schools; but CCH kids take pride in being loud and creative. They are watched by a couple of serious "hawks"...so they never get too far outside a very tight line before being reprimanded. Every night has a theme for dress. Some of their most memorable cheers where for things like the other teams tumblers, little kids on the floor, the guy dusting the floor, shoes falling off, group singing, group roller coaster rides, synchronized boxing match, etc ... With that said, they do challenge opponents (on the floor and in the stands) to keep up!

Maybe I'll have to go to the game in Mason tonight to see what all the hype is about. I have seen some fans taunt the other fans when their team is already winning by 40 or 50 points. Even saw a MC player taunt the opposing fans once after making a 3 in front of their fan section. They were up by about 30 then,... not necessary.

 

IMO, a good fan should cheer their team on and get their team going. I don't know about CCHS's fans but I can't imagine they would be rude, after all they are receiving quite a bit of praise on this site.

I think being rude to opposing fans shows little class, especially when you are ahead in a blow-out victory. But some cheering sections still do it.

 

They don't really taunt during blowouts, in fact, sometimes they will start cheering for the other team.:D

They don't really taunt during blowouts, in fact, sometimes they will start cheering for the other team.:D

 

Which is really just another way to taunt. I still think the rumor is true, they have a class that is solely dedicated to being in the student section.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.