Gallatin Co 76 Walton-Verona 71

I actually felt bad last night for some of the Walton Players. Several were crying and I went to one of them, who played the post postion and told him what a good game he had and he was very polite and said "Thank you Mam." You could really tell they gave all they had. I always tell my son."If you give it all you got, than there is no regret."

Way to play hard Walton.

Congrats Gallatin on the Win!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone else think the elbow to Walton's player should have been a flagrant foul. What would it take to get a flagrant foul. A shot to the nose after the play, is definitely a flagrant foul. Was totally surprised by the lack of a call on this one. Tough kid to be able to come into the game and play the rest of the game. Blood was everywhere.

Walton won this game, and all I can say is that the future is bright for WV. The trio of Bowlin, Sullivan, and Ponzer along with Reynolds and Poore was a very good five to have.

So with Gallatin's victories in the Varsity,Freshman,and Eigth Grade surely not looking bright against Gallatin!:jump::jump:

My turn a couple things no complaining about the refs because the game was at Walton Ha Ha. And trying to say that Waltons A game and Gallatins D game makes it close is just butch league. If you remember a couple years ago Walton won all the games it goes back and fourth and that is what makes it such a good game. Lets be honest the teams really do not care for each other. There seems to be more passion in these games then alot of other games I see all year.

My turn a couple things no complaining about the refs because the game was at Walton Ha Ha. And trying to say that Waltons A game and Gallatins D game makes it close is just butch league. If you remember a couple years ago Walton won all the games it goes back and fourth and that is what makes it such a good game. Lets be honest the teams really do not care for each other. There seems to be more passion in these games then alot of other games I see all year.

You're right Spilly it is all about PASSION! Too bad alot of other teams don't have it.:ylsuper:

I would like to comment on the referees just a bit.. Still do not know how many fouls were called in the game, but I am guessing about 50 or so... Did any of you pay admission to watch them call the game?? I paid to watch the kids play ball, and play they did!

I kept thinking through the game that if this was game was officiated by the crew that had the Scott Co./Gallatin game, there may have been 7-8 fouls called the whole game. Certainly there would have been no players in foul trouble! JMO I guess...

I've always gotten the impression (perhaps faulty) that W-V and their fans were offended by being shipped to the 8th Region, which prevented the rivalry between two very close schools geographically from being what it could (should) be.

I will confess I'm pretty far removed from the school I graduated from and have only seen them play twice (I think) in the last 10 years or so, so things may not be as I perceive them.

Are you serious? If so, you were watching an entirely different game than I was. Typical Gallatin/Walton game, the same formula can be used for all their games; Walton's "A" game + Gallatin's "D" game = a close win for Gallatin. For once in the previous 3 or 4 years I am glad to wake up this morning and not see 15 post on here about how the refs screwed Walton. Both teams have major issues, but the good thing is there is 3 months to get them fixed.

Walton's "A" Game to Gallatin's "D"? I think not. Walton played hard, played good, and Gallatin played solid. Each team scored in the 70's so, each team shot the ball well. I think Walton is just as good as Gallatin. Gallatin beats them up inside, but Walton as a team SHOTS WAY BETTER. Gallatin has no pure shooter that can stand and knock one down all day long. Walton has a few shooters that can.

I've always gotten the impression (perhaps faulty) that W-V and their fans were offended by being shipped to the 8th Region, which prevented the rivalry between two very close schools geographically from being what it could (should) be.

I will confess I'm pretty far removed from the school I graduated from and have only seen them play twice (I think) in the last 10 years or so, so things may not be as I perceive them.

Jim, I think that might be the reason the rivalry is not there yet.

The BGP'ers have became sports rivals but it hasn't carried over to the kids yet.

Are we even allowed to talk about these kind of leagues on this website? Are you referring to bush league?

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Jim, I think that might be the reason the rivalry is not there yet.

The BGP'ers have became sports rivals but it hasn't carried over to the kids yet.

I'd agree with that!

What did that Kid say to the ref's? To get kicked out? Anyone hear him? Or what he said? Was crazy last night.

Walton's "A" Game to Gallatin's "D"? I think not. Walton played hard, played good, and Gallatin played solid. Each team scored in the 70's so, each team shot the ball well. I think Walton is just as good as Gallatin. Gallatin beats them up inside, but Walton as a team SHOTS WAY BETTER. Gallatin has no pure shooter that can stand and knock one down all day long. Walton has a few shooters that can.

I disagree with your assessment on shooting ability. Gallatin has had a total of five practices with all of their players due to their recent success in football. It takes a while to get back into basketball shape and knock the rust off from playing a different sport. Walton shot the ball well last night, but I like Gallatin's shooters with extended practice. :thumb: