Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jimmy V Week

Featured Replies

I still have no idea how he can appear to be so at peace with the fact that he is going to die very soon. His faith must be tremendous.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What was it? Like 2 weeks after the speech he died?

What was it? Like 2 weeks after the speech he died?

 

Speech was on March 4th.

:cry:Jimmy V died on April 28th.:cry:

Greatest speech in sports history. And I am full aware of "the Luckiest man" speech. (Even though it is great)

30 seconds? Like I care about that screen right now.

 

I can't count how many times this speech has brought me to tears. And every time, I watch it again. What an amazing man...

Great speech...has truly impacted the finances and fundraising for cancer research.

I get goosebumps everytime I hear it as well.

His faith must have been tremendous and in the end this was sort of a deathbed confession.

The speech and desire and faith to an extent essentially washed away the sins of his coaching and the things that he did.

Vitale and company will proclaim what a great humanitarian he was and the values he held.

That is true in the end as he fought the cancer.

I believe things as they are and not as they should be.

As a coach he was a cheater. He had no ethics as a coach.

To permit a kid to make it through two years of college while being unable to read is almost criminal. He allowed kids to sell shoes and make money off of them. He outlasted allegations of a point shaving scandal...he cheated and won a national title...he got by through cheating or at least looking the other way.

Particularly paying a kid who couldn't read and keeping him in school for two years is as low as one can go.

I see his speech as a way of correcting wrongs and confessing for his sins and doing whatever it took to win to the disadvantage of kids.

Don't get me wrong, his speech is spellbinding, and brought a lot of awareness to cancer and cancer research, but people tend to forget what type of individual this man really was.

To me, in the end, it was his deathbed confessional.

I'd reply, but it would get me suspended...

I figured I would ruffle a few hairs with the post, but my point is not to posthumously rip the guy.

I see it as his deathbed confessional.

His strength and character is clearly evidenced by his actions in his speech during his physical condition. What he did for cancer research and what his foundation has done and will continue to do is unreal.

My family has been hit by cancer and I have seen the effects of what it does and it is truly rough to see any one individual suffer through such dehabilitating circumstances.

In no way am I trying to belittle his actions or what he stood for in the end and particularly the speech and the V Foundation.

He has been and will be seen as beacon of light for hope and future research for this dreaded disease.

So much for, "A time and a place." Take it elsewhere...

So much for, "A time and a place." Take it elsewhere...

 

Why can't he expess his opinion? An opinion I happen to agree with. Great speech by a man that obviously had a lot of regret.

I am very emotional about Jim speech and can not watch it without tiering up so I just did not watch it tonite. He was a tremendous human being and I have so much respect for what he did and what he went through. I just hope that everyone understands what mattered to him. JD

Why can't he expess his opinion? An opinion I happen to agree with. Great speech by a man that obviously had a lot of regret.

 

I never said he can't express his opinion. That's fine, just start a new thread about it. Point being...again, there's a time and a place...

This is one speech that makes me laugh and cry all at the same time. Laugh when he talks about the Lombardi speech and the 30 second comment. Of course he later makes me bawl like a baby.

 

Just something that I will never forget.

When is this speech gonna be played?

 

Just watched this speech and your eyes start to water.

  • Author
Greatest speech in sports history. And I am full aware of "the Luckiest man" speech. (Even though it is great)

 

:thumb:Both of those were great ones...by far imo the two best "sports" speeches ever, possibly two of thew greatest anywhere ever.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.