Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Warren East at Lone Oak

Who wins? 67 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

It should be a fun interesting game at the Graveyard this coming Friday night. I expect a high scoring affair. I don't know alot about East but It will take a good effort from them to win at Flash Field. Lone Oak must defend the pass better next week. I like Lone Oak's chances to advance, as they seem to be a team of destiny. Lone Oak has so many weapons on offense to choose from including Brown, Edwards, Hickman, Hobbs, Francis, Etc. Robinson does a good job utilizing his receivers. The line must give him adequate time, as it has done so far this season. If that happens, I'll say Lone Oak wins 48 to 41.

I also think this will be a shootout. Both teams love to air it out, but, I haven't seen too many teams do it as well as Lone Oak. I think the homefield advantage will be a big plus and they end up outscoring WE 55-49

Again the passing game of Warren East is over emphasized. They actually run the ball better than pass. However the QB has a very good arm. Most of the big play passes are as a result of defenders leaving a receiver to stop a run or QB scramble.

 

WE has a lot of team speed and not just concentrated in two or three fast players. They have 6-7 that can really run. This speed makes them much better on defense than they are normally given credit for.

 

They will drop seven into coverage and still have enough speed to stop the run.

 

On the other hand East has not faced an offense as prolific in the passing game as Lone Oak.

The Purple Flash end Warren East's remarkable season 48 to 34.

This should be the best team LO has faced and a start like last Fri will see the Flash watchin from the cheap seats at Papa along side the Mayfield Cardinals. For East to win I'm thinking or actually guessing they will need to continue to be balanced but will need to try to exploit LO's unproven pass defense. LO's run defense isn't bad despite NB making it look bad at times. WE will not have played against anything even remotely like LO's offense and I think LO will get their share but the winner I think will be decided in the battle between LO's defense and WE's offense. I would love to see the story book season continue for the Flash, it's almost like one of those right out of the movies. For those not from the far western area of Kentucky, LO has been the doormat of this area for as long as I can recall.

...WE will not have played against anything even remotely like LO's offense...For those not from the far western area of Kentucky...

 

East may not have STOPPED anything like Lone Oak's offense, but I would venture to say that BGHS's offense, which features two future BCS conference school scholarship 6'4+ receivers and a DI-AA QB, would be on par with Lone Oak's. BG's numbers are very similar to Lone Oak's, just against much stiffer competition.

 

...LO has been the doormat of this area for as long as I can recall.

 

East has a past almost as bad as Lone Oak's. Prior to 2005, East was 17-53 from 1998-2204. Great job by both schools to get where they now are.

This should be the best team LO has faced and a start like last Fri will see the Flash watchin from the cheap seats at Papa along side the Mayfield Cardinals. For East to win I'm thinking or actually guessing they will need to continue to be balanced but will need to try to exploit LO's unproven pass defense. LO's run defense isn't bad despite NB making it look bad at times. WE will not have played against anything even remotely like LO's offense and I think LO will get their share but the winner I think will be decided in the battle between LO's defense and WE's offense. I would love to see the story book season continue for the Flash, it's almost like one of those right out of the movies. For those not from the far western area of Kentucky, LO has been the doormat of this area for as long as I can recall.

 

Good point. Lone Oak needs to avoid the first quarter it had last week. I believe they will and they should win this one. Go Flash!

This semifinals affair should be one of the biggest high school football games in Kentucky. I'm already jacked and it's only Monday! Word of advice, GET THERE EARLY!!! Any Lone Oak alum within a 100 mile radius will be in attendance along with every casual football fan. That's on top of nearly every pupil in the student body and parents too.

 

Lone Oak will have to play better defensively, especially in the secondary. They have trouble when teams flood one side of the field for some reason. They'll also have to maintain their defensive assignments better and not over pursue the play action pass. Warren East's speed will take advantage of any miscues times 10 with their speed. They'll also have to tackle better as they had too many arm tackles that were broken by North Bullitt last week. Usually they're a solid tackling group so they'll have to rely back to sound fundamentals this week.

 

I'd like to see Lone Oak try to go deep once or twice just to stretch the field a little more. At least keep Warren East's defense guessing and not allow them to sit on the short stuff.

 

Also, the kicking game, especially extra points, could be a difference in this game. Lone Oak's Jack Kortz missed two last week but so did Warren East's Albert Bush.

 

Finally, what's up with coach Ben Bruni for throwing the trophy after winning district? Also, the quarterback Jordan Ellis threw the trophy after winning their region last week. I know it's a use for motivation but do either of these teams need motivation after their not so glorious past?

Lone Oak 41-31.

"Finally, what's up with coach Ben Bruni for throwing the trophy after winning district? Also, the quarterback Jordan Ellis threw the trophy after winning their region last week. I know it's a use for motivation but do either of these teams need motivation after their not so glorious past?"

 

 

 

 

 

Totally disrespectful, Bruni should be reprimanded for it.

Totally disrespectful, Bruni should be reprimanded for it.

 

Disrespectful towards who? The trophy?

 

East won the trophy, played fair and hard to earn it; it's theirs to do with what they like and to use to motivate themselves as they like. If you don't like it, work harder, win your own trophy and then you can decide what to do with it.

Disrespectful towards who? The trophy?

 

East won the trophy, played fair and hard to earn it; it's theirs to do with what they like and to use to motivate themselves as they like. If you don't like it, work harder, win your own trophy and then you can decide what to do with it.

 

Did your momma not teach you manners?

"Finally, what's up with coach Ben Bruni for throwing the trophy after winning district? Also, the quarterback Jordan Ellis threw the trophy after winning their region last week. I know it's a use for motivation but do either of these teams need motivation after their not so glorious past?"

 

 

 

 

 

Totally disrespectful, Bruni should be reprimanded for it.

 

 

How should they reprimand him for this? What should they fire him for throwing a trophy. My question is this. Who has this hurt, I mean has Bruni thrown the trophy at kids or at the other team he has just defeated. Maybe in your eyes he has no manners but the fact is his kids follow him and work and play very hard for him so if he feels the need to throw a throphy to keep his kids from being satisfied for what they have acheived instead of what they can achieve than so be it. It is his schools trophy.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.