November 22, 200718 yr Yes looked good, but its Liberty. The feeling I am getting, is the coach is planning on taking his lumps this year and is playing for next year or possibly the year after. HUH??? After just 3 games you can tell this?
November 22, 200718 yr From the C-J: The home fans who'd booed the Cats against Gardner-Webb shouted praise for most of a Rupp-rocking second half. But after the fans roared their approval, Gillispie was more reserved. After the loss to Gardner-Webb, Gillispie said that, outside of the final score, that performance hadn't looked much different than a season-opening win against Central Arkansas. Asked last night if the romp against the Flames had seemed significantly different, Gillispie shook his head. "Not real different, no," he said. "But it's a lot better result." Billy Clyde and I are on the same page, here.
November 22, 200718 yr Was it me or did Crawford look a little quicker more assertive tonight? Looks like he might finally be in game shape.
November 22, 200718 yr PP is a special kid and if we can get someone else with him inside they will be really tough. I like the way Stewart played tonight and its pretty obvious Stevenson has no business on this team.
November 22, 200718 yr Was it me or did Crawford look a little quicker more assertive tonight? I not going to let his effort last night fool me. He has shown alot that he really can take over games against BAD teams, when they are just not as athletic as us..But anytime we play a team that is actually decent and with some athletes on it, Crawford does nothing...
November 22, 200718 yr I glad we got the win. But we HAVE to start playing better defense. We give up way to many open shots. I can't imagine what UNC will do to us, if we leave them open all the time, because I sure they will hit the open shots. I mean even Gardner Webb stuck it to us since they were able to hit a few shots. What I have seen from this team so far, is a team that is not that good at defense at all. We allow guys to drive the lane whenever they want, and we allow wide open threes all day long. Not to mention we also allow alot of offensive rebounds. I mean we are really lucky actually that we have only lost one game, because the games that we have won have been because the other teams haven't been able to make anything. If Liberty would have made just a few shots last night early, we probably would have been in for a game...I know we have a new coach, but we HAVE to get this defense figured out, because we don't have a good enough offense at all to just score with people...
November 22, 200718 yr HUH??? After just 3 games you can tell this? Yep. What do you think? Think hes going to sacrifice the young guys playing time for maybe one or two extra W's? Wouldn't be wise with this group. The upperclassmen are not good enough to get you to the promised land, so play the young guys and have them ready next year. JMO sorry if you have a problem with it.
November 23, 200718 yr What concerned me the most about this game is that at one time Liberty was outrebounding us pretty bad. NOw that's from a broken down old pug like Liberty. What do you think the heavyweight champion of the world will do to us.
November 23, 200718 yr Now any win is better than a loss, but I am very un-happy about the win. *Joe Crawford might be one of the best athletes on the floor, but h can' and won't just take people to the rack at will in the SEC. Now I am glad he can dominate Liberty, but he is missing the big picture. If he continues to refuse to guard people than BCG should not only not start him, but seriously (sp?) consider cutting into his playing time. *Sewart should definatley start getting more clock than Stevenson. He is just as athletic and much more physical. He may not be as rangy as Stevenson, but I feel like he is a better all around player. *Jasper is really missed by this UK team. His ability to run the show is missed. Bradley is not the kind of guard that can push you and make you go. He is as hard nosed as they come, but not a point guard IMHO. *Legion needs more play time. I know he is young and getting better each game but the kid can flat play. He needs to be on the floor as much as possible IMO.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.