Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 80 Liberty 54

Featured Replies

  • Author
I guess we had a nice mixture of awful Liberty and great Kentucky defense. But my goodness Kentucky's offense was just horrid. Big surprise that once they started going inside, the lead went up to 20.

 

A win is a win and let's see if the team can build some momentum going into those Carolina and Indiana games.

 

U.K.'s defense to me was not all that great. Especially in the 1st half, no one was picking anyone up if another got beat - no "help" defense/ rotating over. Cats looked much better the 2nd half but imo still are not where they should be. Liberty was pretty bad and they imo just flat out quit when U.K. went on that run in the 2nd half.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Baker has bothered me the last few seasons. Homer to a fault. He gets MAD during the call in shows if he dosen't agree with the caller, and it's been rough on him the last couple of seasons.

 

Baker is a pompass jerk! - He imo thinks that he is God's gift to broadcasting:rolleyes:.

U.K.'s defense to me was not all that great. Especially in the 1st half, no one was picking anyone up if another got beat - no "help" defense/ rotating over. Cats looked much better the 2nd half but imo still are not where they should be. Liberty ws pretty bad and they imo just flat out quit when U.K. went on that run in the 2nd half.

 

Alright, so Liberty was just that bad. :lol:

 

We do agree on a much better effort on both sides of the court in the 2nd half. :thumb:

  • Author
Alright, so Liberty was just that bad. :lol:

 

We do agree on a much better effort on both sides of the court in the 2nd half. :thumb:

 

:thumb::thumb: On both statements. :lol:

Was it me or did Crawford look a little quicker more assertive tonight?

 

Patterson has a big time motor.

Kills me to think how good Randy Morris would have been with half the motor that Patterson plays with.

 

The post players aside from Patterson and Stewart are not major D-1 players. Becoming more and more evident that Stevenson has no hands. Post players with no hands is not good.

 

Hi-lo game showed it can be effective with a kid like Patterson in post who can really post and re-seal defender...missing other part...consistent passing.

 

Rebounding is going to be an issue....

 

Over 21K there tonight...more than I expected.

 

A win is a win...

Was it me or did Crawford look a little quicker more assertive tonight?

 

Patterson has a big time motor.

Kills me to think how good Randy Morris would have been with half the motor that Patterson plays with.

 

The post players aside from Patterson and Stewart are not major D-1 players. Becoming more and more evident that Stevenson has no hands. Post players with no hands is not good.

 

Hi-lo game showed it can be effective with a kid like Patterson in post who can really post and re-seal defender...missing other part...consistent passing.

 

Rebounding is going to be an issue....

 

Over 21K there tonight...more than I expected.

 

A win is a win...

 

I was saying the same thing to my wife during the game how it kills me that Patterson already has a couple of double doubles just from a little more effort than Randolph ever gave. Then again, Patterson also does a lot better job staying on the court than Randy. He is UK's best passer. It has been a few years since someone has been able to effectively distribute the ball from the post.

  • Author
Was it me or did Crawford look a little quicker more assertive tonight?

 

 

 

 

I think that was due to several Billy Clyde butt "rippin's" for the last two weeks ;):D. IMO Crawford and Bradley both tend to have a bit of a hustle/attitude problem :irked:. JMO

Was it me or did Crawford look a little quicker more assertive tonight?

Patterson has a big time motor.

Kills me to think how good Randy Morris would have been with half the motor that Patterson plays with.

 

The post players aside from Patterson and Stewart are not major D-1 players. Becoming more and more evident that Stevenson has no hands. Post players with no hands is not good.

 

Hi-lo game showed it can be effective with a kid like Patterson in post who can really post and re-seal defender...missing other part...consistent passing.

 

Rebounding is going to be an issue....

 

Over 21K there tonight...more than I expected.

 

A win is a win...

 

I was at the game last night and I agree he did look quicker. What I did notice about him last night was he did not duck his head when he went to the basket. He went in with his head up and with authority. No stupid turnovers or offensive fouls. I think(hope) BCG is rubbing off on him.

Good win. Looked a little more like a Kentucky team.

Yes, Macy is awful to listen to, so bad that I even turned it over to UKPat's Kid Nation show a few times.;)

 

I agree with you, he may be a worse announcer than he was a coach

Hey I'll take a win anyway I can but we still have a lot of problems. Our defense wasn't that great Liberty just missed a lot of wide open shot that good teams such as Louisville, UNC, and Indiana will make and still lapses on defense where we fall asleep. Our defense is aggressive, which I like but sometimes overly aggressive and were getting killed on backdoors that good teams will start to expose. What happens when Patterson gets into foul trouble in the first half and I know one of the big 3 games in out of conference he's going to get called for 2 early fouls, where do we go to for inside post presence because after Patterson I'm worried. I also believe our half court offense is a suspect were great in transition but when we slow down we look stagnant at times and some passes we made good teams take those for fast breaks. I really believe some other big man we'll step up in a big game sooner or later to give us decent option other that Patterson and I believe by mid-season everyone will be clicking as one.

Good win for the Cats those Dunks looked nice, passing to each other looked good too.

 

I once wrote a letter to Buzz Baker and told him some things and he didn't respond. He was dogging Coach Curry when he was at Bama. (funny how things turned out about Coach Curry)

Yes looked good, but its Liberty. The feeling I am getting, is the coach is planning on taking his lumps this year and is playing for next year or possibly the year after.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.