Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Henry Co. @ Paducah Tilghman (3A) Round 3

Who will win this one? 67 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win this one?

    • Henry Co.
      29%
    • Paducah Tilghman
      70%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

PT is big, fast and fast! HC has a ton of heart and determination... congrats to the wildcats for producing with an advantageous schedule! Anything can happen this Friday night. Some may feel that this matchup will be lopsided but it may very well be a war. Haven't seen PT in person like the Cats but if my Webster Co. connection is correct PT is headed for the pizza box... good luck to both teams for a healthy and competitive Friday! HC in a barnburner! :ylsuper:

  • Replies 63
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:dancingpa
You stated that Coach Martin had a team full of Seniors, I beg to differ with you, we only have 6 that even played. I do wish you luck with PT and we will meet again next year.

 

 

:dancingpa Good, both games will be @ Henry. Can't wait !!!

 

How do you know both games will be a Henry?

:ylsuper:

 

Hey Knute, where you been? What game you going to Friday. I think Mr. Holtz is referring to the fact that North will have to play the regular season game there and maybe a playoff game there as well.....if you make it that far. How many seniors does North graduate this year? I know you can find out.

You all lost to North Oldham just a few weeks ago.

 

No reason to put Trimble down. I believe what Tall Trees was trying to say was that if a 1A school can beat them but a significant amount, a good 3A team like Paducah Tilghman will have no problem at all.

:ylsuper:

 

Hey Knute, where you been? What game you going to Friday. I think Mr. Holtz is referring to the fact that North will have to play the regular season game there and maybe a playoff game there as well.....if you make it that far. How many seniors does North graduate this year? I know you can find out.

I may go watch the Blue Tornado and Wild Kittys play- since we are out- North has some holes to fill but we had some injuries this year of some key back ups that will move into the Senior spots next year. Defense is the biggest concern, Ryan Gallas 140 tackles- Dylan Grandon, Safety 6 ints, Kes Nordin, Pete Ostling, Nic Petrosius, Tyler Page, Nate Braden, Kenny Corsentino, Steve Arterburn, and Chris Dudley OB- Rb will all be missed. Line will be solid on both sides of the ball, always getting transfers into our award winning schools, A lot of good kids still walking the hallways- but we won more games this year than the last 4 combined. So the future looks very bright, our program is still young just not quite ready to consistently beat a Henry Co program that has been solid 3 out of the last 4 years. I wonder how the 04-05 teams would have done with this years district? Would have been real interesting would it not BROTHER? I have not posted much for a while, I usually like to take the high road and sit back and watch all the posts. As usual they are boastful and funny. Good luck at PT maybe I will see you there OL#70

Let's get back to discussing the game and leaving the sniping at the door.

Ole' Knute, ha... he makes a pretty good inference... the 04-05 HC team goes undefeated with this schedule until PT. The Knute clan did a great job getting that program headed in the right direction... almost too good! They will be tough for NO to beat next year and for years to come. Some serious middle school talent in the works up in HC. We hope to scrap it up with you in the preseason again... maybe this time ya'll will trade some film??? hahaha... all we can do is laugh! We'll come up there and be on time. We'll be sure to check references before we come up though... Great job Cats. Go get 'em this Friday.

I may go watch the Blue Tornado and Wild Kittys play- since we are out- North has some holes to fill but we had some injuries this year of some key back ups that will move into the Senior spots next year. Defense is the biggest concern, Ryan Gallas 140 tackles- Dylan Grandon, Safety 6 ints, Kes Nordin, Pete Ostling, Nic Petrosius, Tyler Page, Nate Braden, Kenny Corsentino, Steve Arterburn, and Chris Dudley OB- Rb will all be missed. Line will be solid on both sides of the ball, always getting transfers into our award winning schools, A lot of good kids still walking the hallways- but we won more games this year than the last 4 combined. So the future looks very bright, our program is still young just not quite ready to consistently beat a Henry Co program that has been solid 3 out of the last 4 years. I wonder how the 04-05 teams would have done with this years district? Would have been real interesting would it not BROTHER? I have not posted much for a while, I usually like to take the high road and sit back and watch all the posts. As usual they are boastful and funny. Good luck at PT maybe I will see you there OL#70

 

Knute get off the bottle, 05 team was beaten by Western Hills in the first ever Dairy Queen Bowl an yes they were coached by guess who Coach Engstrand. Remember the old saying " what have you done for me lately".

The accomplishments by HC have never ever been done before.

 

1. First playoff win in school history

2. First home playoff game in school history

3. First home playoff win in school history

4. Second home playoff game in school history

5. Second home playoff win in school history

6. Undefeated in district play

 

So to attempt to compare the accomplishments of HC this year to 04,05 is ludicrous. Regardless to what happens at PT, HC is still playing. You'll say the schedule was not as tough or this or that. Bottom line, it is what it is. :laugh:

  • Author

Getting back to the topic, what are things HC will need to do to be competitive in this one. And please leave your smart sounding comments at the door.

HC will need to play as flawless as possible-a little luck wouldn't hurt. There is no pressure on HC, hope they come out loose.

Ole' Knute, ha... he makes a pretty good inference... the 04-05 HC team goes undefeated with this schedule until PT. The Knute clan did a great job getting that program headed in the right direction... almost too good!

 

I agree. The 04 HC team went 7-4 and was the fire starter. Billy martin got the wheels turning. They were one of the best if not the best TEAM out of HC. Had a great combo of size, speed, and strength. Lost to a very good Russell in first round of playoffs. What a way to make the playoffs for the first time in 7 years. This years squad had a lack luster schedule to say the least, but they did win. Probably in one of the weakest districts in the state.

I am going on pure tradition here because I really dont know anything about Henry Co. PT 28 HC 14

I agree. The 04 HC team went 7-4 and was the fire starter. Billy martin got the wheels turning. They were one of the best if not the best TEAM out of HC. Had a great combo of size, speed, and strength. Lost to a very good Russell in first round of playoffs. What a way to make the playoffs for the first time in 7 years. This years squad had a lack luster schedule to say the least, but they did win. Probably in one of the weakest districts in the state.

 

 

According to the KHSAA the non-district schedule (only schedule that can be controlled by a coach) between the 04 and 07 team was this:

 

04- Opponents non-district win loss record: 19-39

07- Opponents non-district win loss record: 25-49

 

Percentage wise the varience was 3%, not much different...District was a different animal by comparison, but that cannot be controlled.

 

Both teams had "lack luster" schedules and 04 was not the best TEAM to come out of HC based on the schedule arguement. 86 and 87 were great years! :thumb:

:fight::fight:Well 'ol Leonard has been in the woods today trying to fill the freezer with Bambi and I come back and everyone is talking about Henry County and North Oldham. Correct me if I am wrong, I thought this thread was for H.C. and P.T. North is a NON factor at this point. I saw the Wild Kitty's reference. It wasn't neither cute and nor called for. Henry had a great practice today, I watched a group of young men who believe they can win. That's a big part of the battle. They have a top notch staff that leaves no stone unturned putting together a good game plan. I will make the trip to Paducah because this school has never been in this position before and I wouldn't want to miss a major league upset. Get me outta' here Percy.

Coach Thomas got them rolling.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.