Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

St X 27 Manual 7 ( 6A )

Featured Replies

  • Replies 42
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely awesome. IMO, the most impressive feat the Tigers have accomplished to date.....they are now clearly the favorites to bring home Glaser's first undefeated championship.....great work Tigers.

Defense was unreal. X seemed much faster than Manual. Will Simmons had a breakout game. Great job Tigers:ylsuper:

I was at this one up until the beginning of the 4th. Manual just couldn't get anything going. X's defense was all over the place. In the car on the way out of the stadium, Im pretty sure the guy on the radio said that Manual had 0 (zero) rushing yards. That was at the beginning of the 4th.

Running on X has always been a nightmare.....this year it seems way harder. For us, we can't beat them without an established run...that's why I say they are the prohibitive favorite to complete Mike's first undefeated season ever....I do wonder, if they do indeed finish this run, would it be time for him to go out on top?

St. X dominated the game. I thought this would be a battle to the end.

^ as did I, the "pre-game" thread got a lot of action, but it seems like Nichols and Co....couldn't get anything started...

Pretty much as I predicted, a contender and a pretender. X is rolling.

X played outstanding on both sides of the ball. Zoeller looked sharper than ever throwing the ball. The receiving corps of Sweeney, Brinkman, Simmons and Brown also put forth their best effort of the year. The Defense was an Iron Curtain tonight. I thought the D line play was outstanding with Brutcher and Jones making big sacks, Smith and Carpenter shutting down the run inside and out. The pursuit and pass coverage from the linebackers and secondary was tenacious. Great job Tigers!

The score could been have more lopsided had the Tigers been able to convert 3 or 4 times in the red zone, instead settling for a couple of field goals and getting denied on 4th down another. I honestly thought this would go down to the wire. Manual should be proud of a great season.

Great job by the Tigers and Coach Glaser. To beat the #3 team in 6A without your best player is quite a feat. To win by more than you did the first meeting is amazing considering Duece's skills. Congrats on returning to the Finals.

Considering the competition, that was the most impressive defensive showing I have seen in many years. It was obvious from the first series of the game that the Tiger defense was making a statement to Manual and to the rest of the state. On offense the passing of Ben Zoeller to Will Simmons was virtually unstoppable and the running backs seemed to be hitting the holes a little harder last night. The Tigers dominated on both sides of the line, especially later in the game when Manual seemed to wear down. Congrats to the Tigers on a big win.

Ben had some serious heat on the ball last night and was on target! The defense was unbelievable. Those guys fly to the ball like crazy making it impossible to run on them. The D-linemen are as quick or quicker than the running backs they are chasing.I agree with Old Corps maybe the best defensive performance I have seen in many years!

I knew I didn't go to this game for a good reason.

 

Congrats X... you better win the championship!

 

And congrats Manual... best season since 2001 (better, actually, as much as I hate to admit it)!

The 4-3 D for X was a great move by the coacing staff and I am sure BG had a lot to do with that. X has taken advantage of the players they have with speed and size in this scheme. I like the O it is good but it really is the D that has made X so dominate this year.

I knew I didn't go to this game for a good reason.

 

Congrats X... you better win the championship!

 

And congrats Manual... best season since 2001 (better, actually, as much as I hate to admit it)!

I'm not so sure... we were never blown out, and we didn't have the off nights that turned into shoot-outs that this team had. But they deserve congratulations on a good season, and certainly on returning the Barrel.

 

X destroyed Manual's offensive line, and that's the entire story. The defense for Manual couldn't stay off the field, and as the game wore on that was pretty obvious as they wore down (and no fault of their own, IMO the defense played great in the first half.)

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.