Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Second Round: Cumberland @ Hazard

Who Will Win? 52 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Will Win?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Hazard Bulldogs

Playoff Appearances: 29

All-time Record: 20-28

 

Cumberland Redskins

Playoff Appearances: 21

All-time Record: 21-20-1

 

Previous Playoff Meetings

1995 - Hazard 14 Cumberland 8

1998 - Hazard 67 Cumberland 0

 

***I didn't see a thread on this game; if there is, please merge***

  • Replies 37
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These two teams will get after it all night!! It is always hard to beat a good team twice, but it is not impossible!!

 

Hazard 44

Cumberland 32

I'm goin with the Skins in the mini upset. I think that the fact they are playing with extra motivation since the school is closing, it may be enough to go along with their talent.

 

Cumberland 34

Hazard 28

Hopefully Cumberland can pull this one out, I want to see them get one more game. They are the last of the Harlan County schools to be playing before consolidation.

 

Skins 42

Hazard 35

This could be a wild game for Hazard to try and survive. Cumberland has absolutely nothing to lose, except the game, and can throw everything and the kitchen sink at the Dogs. I'll agree with Hound 82, this could be a mini-upset.

 

Go 'SKINS!!!!!!

Common logic says Hazard, but with all the factors mentioned above Cumberland certainly has a good shot...they have speed and size, and may pose some matchup problems for Hazard...especially on the line.

Going with Cumberland in an upset.

Cumberland puts up a fight in their last game ever but comes up short.....Hazard 35 Cumberland 24

The last time Hazard went undefeated in 1997, Lynn Camp went to Hazard and upset the bulldogs in the second round. I'm hoping Cumberland can repeat history 10 years later. I think if they can come out and be physical and control the line they have a great shot. The score will need to be in the 20s imo for Cumberland to win. I feel this Hazard team has more confidence they any Hazard team of the past, and I think they will go the job done.

 

Hazard 40

Cumberland 26

I am torn between wanting to see one of the closing schools (Cumberland) pull off some magic and wanting to see top-ranked Hazard make a deep run to bring respect to the local Class A district and back up their ranking, which much of the folks outside the mountains spit on.

 

I will hope for a terrific game and guess that the home team slips through. Hazard 34-32 in OT.

Hazard continues to play with determination and confidence and has, to date, managed to finish the job. I realize Cumberland has nothing to lose, and actually I feel sorry for them as this is their last season due to consolidation (something Hazard has managed to avoid). Nevertheless, I believe Hazard will come out victorious once again and move on to game three next week.

 

Hazard 45

Cumberland 35

 

Go Bulldogs! :flame:

Hazard 37-26.

Hazard 49

Cumberland 27

 

I predict a hard fought game that Hazard pulls out late for the district championship.

The Redskins by 6.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.