Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pat Forde UK Loss to GW was more shocking then App St beating Mich

Featured Replies

Sorry I don't buy it. These types of upsets happen every March.

 

VCU over Duke in 2007

 

George Mason over Michigan State, North Carolina and Connecticut in 2006

 

Bucknell over Kansas and Vermont over Syracuse in 2005.

 

Nevada over Michigan State in 2004.

 

These type of upsets do not happen in college football on a regular basis.

In fairness, Duke was not very good and VCU was, not an upset at all. What George Mason did was 10 x more amazing than what happend to UK considering it was game after game. Bucknell I concur. Nevada had 2 NBA caliber players... but I still catch your drift.

  • Replies 130
  • Views 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree with you that Forde is offbase. That loss took UM out of the national title picture. They win every game after that I don't think they make it in the BCS championship game, regardless.

 

But the March you indicated are teams with WINNING records and one of the best teams in their conference. GW is coming off a 9-21 season. This is not a team that will probably be in March Madness.

 

Now, if they are there, that changes it. But now at this moment it is a team that was probably in the bottom 40 teams in the country last year in power rankings that came into UK and spanked UK. Not beat on a last second shot. They scored the first 14 points and routed UK.

 

I agree, but I think that is also offset by the fact UK is going to be a bubble team. UConn a couple years ago was one of the tops in the country. Virginia was ranked #1 and had a stud on the interior. Etc..

  • Author
In fairness, Duke was not very good and VCU was, not an upset at all. What George Mason did was 10 x more amazing than what happend to UK considering it was game after game. Bucknell I concur. Nevada had 2 NBA caliber players... but I still catch your drift.

 

But still its Duke! They are good everyyear! Its an upset

I agree with you that Forde is offbase. That loss took UM out of the national title picture. They win every game after that I don't think they make it in the BCS championship game, regardless.

 

But the March you indicated are teams with WINNING records and one of the best teams in their conference. GW is coming off a 9-21 season. This is not a team that will probably be in March Madness.

 

Now, if they are there, that changes it. But now at this moment it is a team that was probably in the bottom 40 teams in the country last year in power rankings that came into UK and spanked UK. Not beat on a last second shot. They scored the first 14 points and routed UK.

 

In no way am I saying that it was not a huge upset that GW beat Kentucky. Just saying that some are making it out to be the end of the world as we know it. And it is not. Kentucky has a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way to go before becoming a good basketball team. Once some of the players accept their role it will be a much "Smooth"er road to travel.

But still its Duke! They are good everyyear! Its an upset

Not on the level of Wednesdy night. However, it was treated as monumental because of the name of the jersey, similar to the other night.

  • Author
Not on the level of Wednesdy night. However, it was treated as monumental because of the name of the jersey, similar to the other night.

 

Agreed

Not on the level of Wednesdy night. However, it was treated as monumental because of the name of the jersey, similar to the other night.

 

Thanks that is the point I was trying to make.

I agree, but I think that is also offset by the fact UK is going to be a bubble team. UConn a couple years ago was one of the tops in the country. Virginia was ranked #1 and had a stud on the interior. Etc..

 

I think the key thing on the "shocking" aspect is that while UK will turn out to be a bubble team, people across the nation will not see UK as a bubble team. They may grow to realize that this year.

 

But beginning of the season, that is NOT what you expect of UK and it is shocking for them to be in this position.

But beginning of the season, that is NOT what you expect of UK and it is shocking for them to be in this position.

 

It may not be what the general public expected, but most basketball people weren't expecting great things from this UK team.

It may not be what the general public expected, but most basketball people weren't expecting great things from this UK team.

 

But they weren't expect them to lose to GW either.

 

Battling 4-5 games over .500, yes.

Going .500 in SEC, maybe.

Bubble team, maybe.

Losing 2-3 games to quality opponents in Rupp, maybe.

Losing to a team that was 9-21 and ranked 10th in one of the lowest conferences in the NCAA, never.

 

I will agree that if there are 9 teams better than GW in that conference, that is going to be ONE TOUGH conference.

But they weren't expect them to lose to GW either.

 

Battling 4-5 games over .500, yes.

Going .500 in SEC, maybe.

Bubble team, maybe.

Losing 2-3 games to quality opponents in Rupp, maybe.

Losing to a team that was 9-21 and ranked 10th in one of the lowest conferences in the NCAA, never.

 

I will agree that if there are 9 teams better than GW in that conference, that is going to be ONE TOUGH conference.

 

Again, I'm not arguing that it wasn't TERRIBLE loss that never should have happened.

 

I just don't think its up there with #5 Michigan getting beat by App State.

Again, I'm not arguing that it wasn't TERRIBLE loss that never should have happened.

 

I just don't think its up there with #5 Michigan getting beat by App State.

 

I agree with you.:thumb:

 

UM lost their hopes of a national title with their loss to Applachian State. No way to recover that for them. Technically, UK is still eligible for the national title hopes in college basketball.

Terrible loss, no doubt about it. IMO, not even near the same scale as UM's loss to Appy State. That one is being billed by most as the biggest upset in history of college football.

Sorry I don't buy it. These types of upsets happen every March.

 

VCU over Duke in 2007

 

George Mason over Michigan State, North Carolina and Connecticut in 2006

 

Bucknell over Kansas and Vermont over Syracuse in 2005.

 

Nevada over Michigan State in 2004.

 

These type of upsets do not happen in college football on a regular basis.

ALL good teams...heck many people picked Duke to lose that one to VCU.....Gardner Webb was #300.......look up the rankings of those above teams.

Terrible loss, no doubt about it. IMO, not even near the same scale as UM's loss to Appy State. That one is being billed by most as the biggest upset in history of college football.

 

As this is one of the biggest upsets in the history of college basketball.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.