Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Details released in IU recruiting scandal

Featured Replies

People blew off the MySpace thing as frivolous and minor, now, IU committs the same level infraction and Sampson is a lying cheating clown who should be fired.

 

Hilarious.

 

So quick to compare a conversation about IU's coaches cheating to some dumb UK fan's who made some comments on a recruits myspace page? They may be the same "level" but that doesn't mean they're not different.

 

Why was UK brought into this thread anyways?

  • Replies 58
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why was UK brought into this thread anyways?

 

 

He brought it up in November.

He brought it up in November.

 

Does the time matter? UK is always being brought in to threads that they do not belong.

Here's a link to the story on IU's 5 major violations.

 

LINK

 

 

98- I think the problem is this is the second time Sampson has committed the same violation. Then he plays stupid and says he didn't understand the rule.

 

Ignorance of the law is no excues. I thnk IU will not be hit hard. But I do believe when all said and down Sampson is out.

 

BTW Sampson is an average coach anyway. He wasn't IU's first choice so the actually win out of this by getting rid of him.

UK's MySpace was because of idiot fans, IU's was because of an idiot coach. I hardly think they're on the same level.

 

I agree 100%.:thumb:

If you're inferring that the NCAA is going to come down hard on IU, you are sadly sorely mistaken.

 

The self imposed sanctions are all that will most likely happen.

 

Would you care to explain just how you know this? I will be very interested to hear this reply. I am calling crap on this 98.

Newspapers are reporting a little worse than what is being said about secondary violations. Talk is Sampson is very close to being jobless if violations are true. I have to agree with an earlier post, it will happen sooner or later with Kelvin Sampson. He keeps flying into the face of the NCAA and when they decide to get you, they will get you.

Would you care to explain just how you know this? I will be very interested to hear this reply. I am calling crap on this 98.

 

If you go back and read the whole thread and look at the dates this all started back in October, which is when 98 made the comments. Back then he was simply wrong--if he made them now he'd be delusional. :thumb:

If you go back and read the whole thread and look at the dates this all started back in October, which is when 98 made the comments. Back then he was simply wrong--if he made them now he'd be delusional. :thumb:

 

And he hasn't. People are looking at what he said in October and November and acting like he's saying them now. On this thread alone he said they were minor until he lied about them and made them major. At least you picked up on it.

And he hasn't. People are looking at what he said in October and November and acting like he's saying them now. On this thread alone he said they were minor until he lied about them and made them major. At least you picked up on it.

 

:thumb:

 

I'm glad somebody picked up on it...kudos to you guys because I was just about to post that myself. Heck, back in November, I wasn't expecting anything major from this either.

 

Now, I expect IU to get hit with something more significant...and it will be due, in large part, to Sampson's past track record. IMO, if this incident had happened with a different coach who had no previous record with the NCAA, it may still be a minor thing. As it is, these things seem to follow Sampson wherever he goes, so I suspect the NCAA won't cut any slack.

 

My question is now...what does Indiana do? Do they impose a post-season ban for this season in hopes of getting a lighter sentence down the road? Or do they play it out, since they have a team that's very capable of cutting the nets down and letting the chips fall where they may?

 

I'm in line with STRIKE3...I'm not really an IU fan, but I hope this doesn't distract their players and ruin a very good team and season. Personally, I want IU back at a high level because it adds so much more to the annual game with UK.

 

If Billy G can get UK back up to par and IU can keep it up, our big three rivalry games would all be great again...UNC, U of L and IU. Personally, I love it when all those teams are elite. It makes the games great.

:thumb:

 

Now, I expect IU to get hit with something more significant...and it will be due, in large part, to Sampson's past track record....

I agree.

 

If Billy G can get UK back up to par and IU can keep it up, our big three rivalry games would all be great again...UNC, U of L and IU. Personally, I love it when all those teams are elite. It makes the games great.
Same here and be exciting to watch, these play in a round-robin format, like they used to with Notre Dame at the old Hoosier Dome. Went several times.

 

Sampson has to accept the blame here.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.