Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Beechwood vs. NewCath

Who wins? 142 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Beechwood
      38%
    • Newport Central Catholic
      61%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Author

I hear Beechwood is counting this one as the 1st playoff game.

  • Replies 97
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If the Breds can contain Eliot and create a push against BWs huge D-line they will win the game.

NewCath's defense did a decent job against a good Camel offense especially after the first drive. If the defensive tackles are not back, then Beechwood might wear down the defense a little. Plus those DTs also play some a series or two on the O-line at times.

 

Beechwood will attempt to be balance because that's what they do. I wouldn't expect to see Bankemper with 25 carries but maybe enough carries to test the injury for soundness.

 

NewCath will of course throw it all over. Still a little suspect in the running game, but then they really haven't stuck with it too often this year. It isn't easy to run with all the receivers in there, and they really haven't just lined up in a run formation and tried to pound the ball.

 

I think it will be a good test for both teams and should be a close one. Think it will come down to how well Beechwood can run it versus how well NCC can throw it.

I heard from a very good source that Bankemper will be back against NewCath. I don't think that Beechwood will be able to run on NewCath. It will depend on how well Elliot chucks it. Last night was my first NewCath game in 2 years. Their defense is FAST!!! I was very impressed with them. Last night CC's WR made 3 amazing catches that not many high school receivers are going to make. I believe NewCath wins this by 7.

 

I'm sure he is chomping at the bit. I think its great that these two teams have such a rivalry and they have really only been playing each other for less than 10 yrs if that. Good luck to both teams, it should be like Keith Jackson says..."A Dandy!"

I heard from a very good source that Bankemper will be back against NewCath. I don't think that Beechwood will be able to run on NewCath. It will depend on how well Elliot chucks it. Last night was my first NewCath game in 2 years. Their defense is FAST!!! I was very impressed with them. Last night CC's WR made 3 amazing catches that not many high school receivers are going to make. I believe NewCath wins this by 7.

 

I'm sure he (Bankemper) is chomping at the bit. I think its great that these two teams have such a rivalry and they have really only been playing each other for less than 10 yrs if that. Good luck to both teams, it should be like Keith Jackson says..."A Dandy!"

  • Author

I think this game will come down to turnovers. The team with the least will win.

 

I don't think Bankampers return will make a great deal of difference for Beechwoods offense. He can't possibly be at 100%. But where Tommy can make a huge difference is on deffense (If he plays on deffense.) Most people don't talk about his deffense ability, but he is extremely good.

 

We have been playing without Tommy and Cody Elliott on defense for several games because of injuries.If we use them for that purpose, we are a different team.

 

"But", If I were coach Rash, I don't think I would risk using them on D this week. The game is absolutley meaningless for our push to another State Championship.

This game will be another classic battle between the two titans. I think this game will come down to who can establish their running game and keep the ball moving on the ground. Having seen both teams play, I think the defenses/special teams are pretty close to equal. I would have to give the upper hand to the Beechies on the running game. Teipel is one of the best runners I have seen in a long time. With that said, I am picking the Beechies to pull this one out....

 

Beechwood 24

NCC 20

I just hope that both teams emerge from the game without injuries. Both are on track to hit the carpet and it would be a shame for either to get de-railed by injuries..

I'm sure he (Bankemper) is chomping at the bit. I think its great that these two teams have such a rivalry and they have really only been playing each other for less than 10 yrs if that. Good luck to both teams, it should be like Keith Jackson says..."A Dandy!"

 

They started in '91. However, it was very one sided until '99. Now it's a rivalry.

Newport Catholic 22-21.

Great test for both teams before the playoffs...

Could be the 1A and 2A State Champs come December!

Beechwood 21

NCC 28

They started in '91. However, it was very one sided until '99. Now it's a rivalry.

 

In 1999 Newcath was blown out 49-0 by Beechwood and that year Beechwood and Bellevue were the top dogs. :confused:

New Cath has to much defense. Barn burner, look for about a total of 10 field goal attempts, with about 70 percent of them good!! NCC-31 B-27

If the Breds can contain Eliot and create a push against BWs huge D-line they will win the game.

 

I agree, if the Breds can stop Elliiot they'll win. I know Bankamper wants to play, but I would rather see them bring home the State Championship than to beat NewCath.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.