Ashland vs Johnson Central Predictions

Who wins?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope that you are right and that the Tomcats give a good effort but they don't have much to gain. It will take some great coaching for Ashland to avoid a blowout loss. Win or lose, Ashland is fortunate to have a great coach like Hart and I am sure that he will turn things around next season.

You are right – Ashland has very little to gain. They are done for the season even if they win. The only thing they can hope to accomplish is: to make a statement, finish on a win and be a spoiler for Johnson Central.

That just might be enough, but It’s a long shot.

You are right – Ashland has very little to gain. They are done for the season even if they win. The only thing they can hope to accomplish is: to make a statement, finish on a win and be a spoiler for Johnson Central.

That just might be enough, but It’s a long shot.

:thumb: I agree, a team with nothing to lose is sometimes a very dangerous one. I don't think that the Tomcats will pull it off but Good Luck to the Tomcats and I hope that you get what may be "the upset of the season" in our area.

I hope that you are right and that the Tomcats give a good effort but they don't have much to gain. It will take some great coaching for Ashland to avoid a blowout loss. Win or lose, Ashland is fortunate to have a great coach like Hart and I am sure that he will turn things around next season.

Undoubtedly !!

Do I hear Dusty Springfield in the background singing her old hit. A parent of one of JC's better players told me that they haven't forgotten the field goal debacle.

At least Coach Biggs should be pleased because he will get his basketball players a little sooner than usual.

Coach Hart is, at best, a mixed bag. As I said once before, he is certainly no Herb Conley or Jake Hallum on or off the field.

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Coach Hart is, at best, a mixed bag. As I said once before, he is certainly no Herb Conley or Jake Hallum on or off the field.

Who Is :confused:;), you just mentioned two of the best and most legendary coaches to ever coach in this area or statewide for that matter.

I'm going with the Tomcats in this one, but just by a few. Good luck Cats!! I know you need all the positive comments you can get, as we all do.

Also, good luck to JC.

Hope both teams come away injury free.

Definitely want both teams to come away injury free

but JC dominates :ylsuper:

You mean the fact that they missed a last second field goal, and lost.

A very good friend of mine who is not an Ashland fan was there and stated there is no doubt the field goal was missed. He was actually in the end zone with a direct shot. If you were sitting on the Ashland side you have no doubt it was missed because of the angle but from the Johnson Central side it would look good because it was wide to their side. I am sure this has been discussed before but I thought I would just throw out an impartial perspective since it was brought up.

A very good friend of mine who is not an Ashland fan was there and stated there is no doubt the field goal was missed. He was actually in the end zone with a direct shot. If you were sitting on the Ashland side you have no doubt it was missed because of the angle but from the Johnson Central side it would look good because it was wide to their side. I am sure this has been discussed before but I thought I would just throw out an impartial perspective since it was brought up.

There is no doubt that that game will be talked about for years. I agree with what you say, depending on which side you where on depends on how the field goal looked. But it was 2 years ago, and probably what kicked this game off as what I hope will be an anticipated rivalry game every time these two lock up. JC is definately the favorite team coming into this matchup, but a group that has nothing to lose is a dangerous team. I expect JC will get Ashlands best shot, but I also believe Ashland will get JC's best shot, and its all because of the respect that each of the teams have for the other.