Ashland vs Johnson Central Predictions

Who wins?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

There is no doubt that that game will be talked about for years. I agree with what you say, depending on which side you where on depends on how the field goal looked. But it was 2 years ago, and probably what kicked this game off as what I hope will be an anticipated rivalry game every time these two lock up. JC is definately the favorite team coming into this matchup, but a group that has nothing to lose is a dangerous team. I expect JC will get Ashlands best shot, but I also believe Ashland will get JC's best shot, and its all because of the respect that each of the teams have for the other.

Well said JC Alumni 76 - as usual! :thumb:

I hope to see you at the game. I'm also looking forward to seeing the new field.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The natural assumption in this one is that JC will overlook a "down" Ashland team with the biggest game in EKY looming next week.....

In the words of Lee Corso.. "Not so fast my friend"...

Matney lives for these games. Coach Matney knows that Ashland will more than likely become the Eagles' "new rival" as they have transgressed beyond Paintsville. Rivalries are vital to building a program and sustaining success, I do not think you will ever see a Matney coached JCHS team not get fired up for Ashland. Conversely, I fully expect this to be the best game that the Tomcats have played all season. With such a rough season, nothing would make Ashland fans happier right now than to knock off those daggone Golden Eagles off their nest. I expect a very emotion filled game, with hard hitting, and maximum effort from Ashland.

That being said, this year I don't think Ashland has the balance, nor the defense, to beat JC even when the Tomcats bring their A-game. This game could be close for a half, butonce the emotions run off and halftime adjustments are made:

JC 34

Ashland 14

Who Is :confused:;), you just mentioned two of the best and most legendary coaches to ever coach in this area or statewide for that matter.

I would agree with you that Conley and Hallum are considered two of the best coaches from this area. On the other hand, I have seen the adjective "great" applied to Hart and his coaching ability and I am merely pointing out that such a description is not applicable in his case. Of course,"great" is used so indiscriminately on BGP that it has come to have no real significant meaning.

I predict JC to win big over this "less than stellar" version of a Tomcat football team. Basketball season couldn't come at a better time. I still don't really understand how an Ashland program misfires so consistently all season. You can cite injuries, youth, etc., but for gosh sakes, this is Ashland we are talking about. The two games that I saw, Ironton and Mont Co., it looked like there was no execution to the offense. Matt Thomas seemed to be the only weapon that had any succcess this season against opposing defenses. Had he been injured, I doubt the team would have picked up wins against Greenup or Boyd. Are the cupboards really that bare in Tomcat Nation? I know there are schools that have cyclical rebuilding years, but I would have believed that Ashland is one of the type of programs that reload rather than rebuild. Hope the coaching staff gets the thing back on track next year.

JC 45

Ashland 17