Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

High School OT...Thoughts

Featured Replies

What are you guys thoughts on the High School Overtime?

 

IMAO I think its to easy to get 4 trys from the 10 yard line. I think that they should move it to where the College Football Starts.

I think it's fine the way it is. You don't see many 3 or 4 ot games in HS like you do in college.

I like the college system much better ...

I like how it is now. The kicking game in high school is no where near the level of college kicking. For example, last night, Boone missed their extra point try...

I would prefer a compromise between the college and high school rule and start the ball at the 15.

  • Author
I would prefer a compromise between the college and high school rule and start the ball at the 15.

 

haha..Don't know if that will happen.

I would prefer a compromise between the college and high school rule and start the ball at the 15.
Or the 20 ...

I wish that college and high school, pro as well would go to where both teams get it at their own 20...then have a drive.

I too favor the college OT rules. Starting on the 10 yard line is not challenging enough in my opinion at the high school level. It may have been the best practice 20 years ago, but today's kickers are much better in range and accuracy.

I'd rather see it moved back a bit, I agree that the HS kicking games aren't as advanced but the 20 or 25 yard line start would be much better IMO.

About this?Highschool should start at the 20, College at the 40, and the NFL at the 50 with both teams having the same chance of winning the game for all three levels.

I wish that college and high school, pro as well would go to where both teams get it at their own 20...then have a drive.

 

I concur, especially with the pros. Don't leave it to luck.

I would like it moved out to the 20 yd. line, to give the offense a equal advantage, like the defense get's. Covering less field, and it would improve the kicking game, more emphasis, and it would create more excitement.

About this?Highschool should start at the 20, College at the 40, and the NFL at the 50 with both teams having the same chance of winning the game for all three levels.

 

I would hate that. Defenses are so good in the NFL. Every game would end on a field goal.

IMO, it should be put on the 3 yard line and you get 1 play to score. This is where high school games are played, in the trenches! And it's only fair that this is where they are won when it comes down to the wire. No disrespect to the kickers, but I don't like someone thats only been on the field 2 or 3 plays the entire night deciding the outcome of what the lineman and backs have been playing for all game long.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.