Fulton City 36 Mayfield 19

Toothpick

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't go to the game Friday night. I stopped at a gas station this morning and bought the paper to check the score.......and was shocked!!! Fulton City obvisously proved their worth. Being a Mayfield fan, I had to think Mayfield would lose their district AT SOME POINT while they are in 1A, I just didn't think it would be this soon. It sounds like Williams is a great player. It would be interesting seeing this guy play with a bigger line. And I was surprised to hear that Fulton's defense was as fast as it was, I was assuming their defense would be their weak spot.

On a positive note for Mayfield, we didn't get our butt kicked by any means. We just made some bone-head mistakes at the end that sealed the deal. A fumble, bad pass converage, an INT that got returned to our own 3. Its obvious that we can play better, but as someone put it earlier, it sounds like our confidence is in the dirt right now. Irregardless, our veteren coaches will get things back on track, I have no doubt about that. Also, health is an issue, and it will be a tough close for Mayfield with Marshall and Caldwell. Im a little concerned about staying healthy through those two games........

I hit the exits but the radio said that the Fulton fans were dancing or as they put it, stomping on the Cardinal head at mid field in celebration immediately after it was over. This is Mayfield's first district loss as far as I can tell since Caldwell Co upset Mayfield when the Cards were in AA in 1985. The Cards went on to win the AA title that year over a Frank Jacobs lead NCC team.

Fort Campbell beat Mayfield in 1990.

I didn't think your asking for clarification was out of line. I gave you my opinion. I meant nothing else. We just don't agree which is ok.
I don't know that we disagree on anything. I just want to know what a Fulton City coach did that you think is out of line ... nothing more, nothing less.

With east traveling west this season, if Mayfield defeats Fulton City in the second round what happens next? Does Mayfield have to travel since they didn't win the district?

Snake, Westsider may provide the best insight but assuming Mayfield beats Crittendon County and Fulton City which this team may not do, I believe they would then travel to Frankfort most likely...if they win then off to Beechwood, if they win then off to Papa Johns. IMO, this is the most un-athletic Mayfield team I have seen in years...they are young though.

My take on the game...If you look at Fulton City and didn't know they were Fulton City you would think man this team is quite good. They are solid, fast, hit hard, well coached, and block well. I also thought it was interesting they dressed 43 players and Mayfield only has 38. Odd, since Fulton is half the size.

Not having Logan does hurt, but our line didn't really give Guhy or the backs much time. They got whipped for the second week in a row, with the exception of Brimer and Simpkins.

I also felt that Mayfield was somewhat outcoached unless there is something going on we don't know about. Tyrese Murrell was having a whale of a game for big solid gains. Mayfield blocks the punt and has all the momentum from the Fulton City 15 yd line and Tyrese is on the sideline for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd downs??????? :confused: Makes no sense really...causing Mayfield to kick a FG which ended up not being enough.

Hats off to Fulton City and good luck next week again the Flash!!

With east traveling west this season, if Mayfield defeats Fulton City in the second round what happens next? Does Mayfield have to travel since they didn't win the district?

Coach Morris said that if we win the first game we go to Fulton City and then if we win that game we stay at home the rest of the time.

Low seed hosts. If there is a tie or equal seeds, east moves west. In the semi-state (semifinals), odd region hosts regardless of seed.
That's another thing I don't like about this system. If you win the district, you're the district champion ... I don't care what seed you were.