Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Freshmen in the 10th Region

Featured Replies

He has proven he has ice water in his veins....when he stepped up to the line against Scott and hit those two free throws. Robbie is a competitor and will step up to any role that coach asks of him. I love watching him play. He is very unselfish, and athletic for his age. He has promise of being the best player to come out of GRC.

 

I believe he is the age of a sophomore and was held back a year. Good player.

  • Replies 63
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please I hope you haven't mistaken me by thinking I am running the kid down, far from that. I was simply stating that kids who are the 3rd or 4th option in an offense have success because matchups are more keyed upon the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd option in the rotation. Again I am not saying that Robbie doesn't have the game, I am simply stating that it will be interesting to see a young kid step up into the spotlight and perform night in and night out. Remember he is still young and that is tough to do as a veteran who is a senior night in and night out. Best of luck to the young man.

 

Dosn't matter if you were or wern't .We at GRC know what Robbie can do and with our coaching staff...... we arn't worried. We just let him do his proving on the court.

I saw both play a couple of weeks ago. Gilbert is very quick. The only thing going against him is his size. I was more impressed with him than Setty.

 

If I'm not mistaken, I believe both of these kids are also holdbacks. I wonder how much more Gilbert will grow.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe both of these kids are also holdbacks. I wonder how much more Gilbert will grow.

Will they be playing Freshman and JV or will they be playing varsity?

Mason has a VERY good 9th grade team.

 

They are not the only ones that has a great Freshman class this year. GRC does too.:thumb:

They are not the only ones that has a great Freshman class this year. GRC does too.:thumb:

 

I've heard there are a couple of new faces added to the GRC frosh team this year....

Dosn't matter if you were or wern't .We at GRC know what Robbie can do and with our coaching staff...... we arn't worried. We just let him do his proving on the court.

 

 

Wow! Ok, great game coach.

Are there any good frosh for Brossart that will have an impact this year?
Brossart will have a fine competitive freshman team with a couple of players who could possibly get a little JV exposure, but none who can make an impact with the varsity this year.

Mason Frosh are stacked!!!!

 

But i have to give it too Stenzel as best freshman

Are they driving yet?;)

 

Only thru the lanes on the basketball court.:D

Are they driving yet?;)

 

I don't know about that, but one of them escorted my daughter down the runway at the Miss Germantown Fair pageant this summer.:D

 

To answer Gold Sunrise's question, Mason County's freshman class, which I think placed 3rd in the 8th grade state tourney, will not see much if any varsity playing time. Historically, very few freshmen play varsity; it's just the philosophy at Mason County. D. Miller did and C. Lofton did, but they were obvious exceptions.

 

Setty and Gilbert will be really nice players at Mason County. Also in the mix is Neal Pawsat, who is MC's backup QB this year.

I don't know about that, but one of them escorted my daughter down the runway at the Miss Germantown Fair pageant this summer.:D

 

To answer Gold Sunrise's question, Mason County's freshman class, which I think placed 3rd in the 8th grade state tourney, will not see much if any varsity playing time. Historically, very few freshmen play varsity; it's just the philosophy at Mason County. D. Miller did and C. Lofton did, but they were obvious exceptions.

 

Setty and Gilbert will be really nice players at Mason County. Also in the mix is Neal Pawsat, who is MC's backup QB this year.

 

Thanks Papa for the info. I know what you mean by coaches take on letting players play early. When Coach Strong was our coach you did not play varsity till you were a Junior. Wes Burtner was the exception...he played his Sophomore year. Coach Humphry on the other hand feels if they can contribute at a early age he will give them the opportunity. Preston Knowles started from his Freshman year on. Looks like Robby Stenzel will have starting experience from his 8th grade year on.

 

Does Mason Co only have one Middle School? We have two so we are combining that talent and both schools has outstand players.

 

 

I know I have been told we have a outstanding Freshman class this year. How many will play Freshman ball / JV or who can come in and contribute at varsity is still to be seen. I do know that we will need help and back up at the post position. I could see some of them moved up to get experience for the upcoming years. Will be interesting in the 10th in the next few years.

Who are the freshmen at Brossart that will get some JV exposure this season?

 

I could be mistaken but I don't think Brossarts frosh class will get a lot of JV minutes. Brossart had a very good freshmen class last year and I see those kids getting a lot of the JV minutes.

 

Most of the talk has centered around GRC & Mason but Campbell Co has a solid freshmen class. Scott HS had a freshmen guard transfer in who will help on the freshmen level. I have also heard that Scott has a frosh PG who will see some varsity minutes this year.

 

Not sure about Silver Groves or Calvary's Freshmen classes.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.