Beechwood 17 Holy Cross 3

BGGreen

Not a well played game by either team. Beechwood played a sluggish 1st half, and apparently Coach Rash woke them up at halftime.

Not so sure Rash woke them up, HC just went back to their old ways the 2nd half. The 1st half, HC showed some promise. But.......back to run between the tackles with no gain.

Thoughts?

My thoughts of Bwood.......#44 needs to be the featured back. Not affraid to hit the hole. FEARLESS!!!!

He will be, next year! I think it is great to have so much talent in the backfield, that should make everyone happy. No one specific back but a couple.

Beechwood came out flat. I think Beechwood was a little confused with the HC offense. They could run sweep, up the middle, or pass out of one formation. Beechwood had the quarterback for a sack about 2/3 of the time but the QB did a good job of scrambling and picked up yards or got back to the line of scrimmage. HC's #44 is pretty good. He is powerful on offense and made some plays on defense at DT. #26 for Beechwood looked good as well and made numerous sacks. #44 for the Tigers had a great game. He was fast, agile, and powerful. A deadly combination. He made something out of nothing half the time and kept moving his feet. He fell forward every time and drove the pile 3 or 4 extra yards. He gets the Player of the Game in my opinion. Over 100 yards rushing and 2 TD's.

Beechwood played poorly and still held HC to 3 points. I think that is a sign of a team that has a lot of talent, but those players just haven't stepped up. Tigers still lack leadership and need to get excited. I did not one player the whole first half get pumped up. Then in the second half they looked a little better.

As for the score 17-3, it could have possible been 24- 3 or 31-3. Beechwood fumbled the ball on HC 2 yardline. Beechwood recovered it, but the refs thought otherwise. Then at the end of the game Beechwood had the ball on the HC 1 yardline and just let the clock run out.

Both teams showed class. Congrats to the Tigers!!!! Next week is Bellevue.

Just looking for some numbers. Wasn't Reardon a pretty solid passer at New Richmond. Was not at the game, but the few times I have seen HC, they run the ball alot. I was thinking Reardon threw up pretty big passing yardage at NR.

Cody can throw the ball. The one thing I will fault Cody on is he needs to get rid of the ball and not take a 20/30 yd sack. IMO, poor play calling for HC lost the game. For those of you who have read my replies.......I'm going to beat this horse until there is nothing left. BHS could not stop HC run game the 1 half, but, BHS has good coaching and adj. the 2 half and stopped the run. Therefore HC can't/won't/don't know how to adj. their game. It seemed to me the short slants was getting alot of positive yds. Here's that horse.......HC has playmakers, get them the ball not just 44 & 29. 44 & 29 are great players and not taking anything away from them, but you have other weapons, use them. Against BHS just running will not win the game. HC had much sucess throwing. #88, 15, 11 can catch and make plays. I'm on a rant. If Cody's having trouble not having enough time, GO FROM THE SHOTGUN. I've played and watched enough football to know it works.

Cody can throw the ball. The one thing I will fault Cody on is he needs to get rid of the ball and not take a 20/30 yd sack. IMO, poor play calling for HC lost the game. For those of you who have read my replies.......I'm going to beat this horse until there is nothing left. BHS could not stop HC run game the 1 half, but, BHS has good coaching and adj. the 2 half and stopped the run. Therefore HC can't/won't/don't know how to adj. their game. It seemed to me the short slants was getting alot of positive yds. Here's that horse.......HC has playmakers, get them the ball not just 44 & 29. 44 & 29 are great players and not taking anything away from them, but you have other weapons, use them. Against BHS just running will not win the game. HC had much sucess throwing. #88, 15, 11 can catch and make plays. I'm on a rant. If Cody's having trouble not having enough time, GO FROM THE SHOTGUN. I've played and watched enough football to know it works.

Nobody here will disagree with you. HC is always very talented, but their coaching staff continues to run a JR. High offense w/ terrible play selection.

Congrats to Bwood! came back from a poor first half on offence to secure the win. IMO the defence, once they adjusted to the blocking schemes, looked excellent. Pressure from #26 and #56 all night, I believe they had 4 or 5 sacks between them. Hoffman, again playing hurt, showed guts and leadership in his performance. The only weakness was at the corner position, with Elliot not playing D, and Bankemper out, they have not seemed to find suitable fill ins for the dbs. As far as Tiepel goes, what can be said! I believe in another thread one of the HC fans doubted Tiepels ability to string two productive performances together, I hope he can sleep easier now that he knows the answer! IMO the best individual performance of the season out of the backfield, well done Nieko!

Good teams oftern to find away to win even when they play poorly.

I always try to keep it real. What's the chances both NCC and Beechwood offence playing that bad against HC? HC's "D" is very capable of playing that good. Did BHS have any passing yds.? But is guess you don't need to pass when #44 runs as fearless as he does. Way to step up, great job!

But yes. your right, good teams always finds a way to win. BHS is one of those teams.

Holy Cross had a great 1st drive and then it seemed like they just quit. They did get a few breaks from the Beechwood D when they would run a sweep and have nothing, then be able to reverse the field for positive yardage. Slow start by Beechwood but they came out the 2nd half looking strong. Tiepel is a great back and has lead the tigers the last 2 weeks. He is quick and very strong. Although Elliott can run well, i think bwood needs to call more plays that keep him in the pocket. Whenever Elliott is hurried the pressure comes from the outside, so keep him in the pocket, have him set his feet and make a throw.