Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bobby Petrino . . . . hunch...

Featured Replies

I was listening to Steve Czaban this morning and Bobby Petrino came up in conversation. One of the "experts" said that he absolutely won't make it in the NFL, and could even end up back in the NCAA ranks after this season. I started to give it a ton of thought, and here's my take....

 

IFF he comes back after this year, I see him at USC or UM. I know, I know, both of those places have coaches right now. But I certainly feel Pete Carroll has done about all he can out there. And we all know the UM story. If he stays a few years longer, he may end up at FSU, or LSU is Les Miles were to actually vacate. I also believe he is 100% arrogant enough to feel that HE could turn Notre Dame around for good.

 

What say you?

  • Replies 50
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only one year in the NFL? I would expect him to give it more than that. Notre Dame or UM would be interesting. I don't see Carroll going anywhere as he has a pretty sweet set up.

I don't see him leaving the NFL any time soon...and I think he will succeed there if they give him the time. The Falcons roster needs a lot of work, so if they're impatient and looking for a quick fix, Petrino won't last...I think they'll stick with him, and he may get it turned around sooner than expected.

 

For this thread's sake though, if he does come back to college, I think he'd be a hot prospect for any team looking for a coach.

I agree with you that Bobby Petrino will be back in the college game at some point. I feel confident it won't be after this season. He is dealing with a mess in Atlanta because of the Michael Vick fall out, but did anyone really think his dictatorial style would make it long-term in the NFL? He is a great offensive mind and a great college coach.

 

I see Les Miles at Michigan and Pete Carroll staying at USC. Pete's got a good thing going and has already had an unsuccessful go in the NFL. I think Pete has his pride and ego in check.

I think he is a college coach, and a great one at that. Very seldom through time do you see a coach successful at both.

 

I expect him back in a couple of seasons at a big boy university. I have said it would be funny if he does the reverse Rick Pitino and comes to UK after Brooks is done :lol:

I was listening to Steve Czaban this morning and Bobby Petrino came up in conversation. One of the "experts" said that he absolutely won't make it in the NFL, and could even end up back in the NCAA ranks after this season. I started to give it a ton of thought, and here's my take....

 

IFF he comes back after this year, I see him at USC or UM. I know, I know, both of those places have coaches right now. But I certainly feel Pete Carroll has done about all he can out there. And we all know the UM story. If he stays a few years longer, he may end up at FSU, or LSU is Les Miles were to actually vacate. I also believe he is 100% arrogant enough to feel that HE could turn Notre Dame around for good.

 

What say you?

 

I would be cool with him moving back here. :D

 

But if not here ND, simply because I don't like the idea of him going to any other traditional powerhouse. Catholic school, Catholic coach, who better to rebuild it? :banana:

If Les Miles bolts for Michigan, don't be surprised to see Petrino go to LSU.

If Les Miles bolts for Michigan, don't be surprised to see Petrino go to LSU.

 

I could see him wanting the LSU job but I just don't think that LSU would have an interest in him. He may just be back at U.L. very soon if he doesn't stay in the NFL

 

JMO

  • Author

I really don't think Jurich would do that. Don't get me wrong, I like the Kragthorpe hire...but I loved the Petrino era.

I could see him wanting the LSU job but I just don't think that LSU would have an interest in him.

 

Didn't LSU have interest in him before?

 

He may just be back at U.L. very soon if he doesn't stay in the NFL

 

I can't imagine a situation where Petrino would return to Louisville. Think of it like the Pitino-back-to-UK situation.

I really don't think Jurich would do that. Don't get me wrong, I like the Kragthorpe hire...but I loved the Petrino era.

 

 

I was nervous about Kragthorpe prior to this season, I am not sold on him just yet. I am of the mindset that this would be a dramatically different team under Petrino, but that is just me opinion on the matter.

 

Of course I wouldn't mind seeing little Bobby playing for the Rocks again either. :D

  • Author

I think this version of Louisville's team would be different as well....for two reasons (people) . .

 

1 - no Stubbs (I think the OC needs to be in the box plain and simple).

2 - Kevin Wolthausen (co DC, and the DL coach from last year).

Petrino has only coached like 5 NFL games, I think he stays in the NFL at least another year....his situation went from great when he was hired to horrible by training camp.....the Vick circus will die down after this year.

 

I agree that Petrino makes it back to the college ranks someday though....and not at UK. Joker Phillips is UK's next football coach.

I think this version of Louisville's team would be different as well....for two reasons (people) . .

 

1 - no Stubbs (I think the OC needs to be in the box plain and simple).

2 - Kevin Wolthausen (co DC, and the DL coach from last year).

 

 

That makes SO much more sense now.

He may just be back at U.L. very soon if he doesn't stay in the NFL

 

JMO

 

If he can be back in the coaching ranks, I think he has put together a good enough resume to move to one of the elite schools where I think he could really flourish (this not meant as a shot at UL, just a fact).

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.