Patriots 34 Bengals 13

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I mention his career? :sssh: I certainly didn't....he is awesome....tonight's two td's weren't....some of today's DB's have shied away from getting physical with him, why? I have no idea....but I was OK in my day..and touchdown or not..he would remember attempting to make that play.

The first TD was pretty sweet and very tough to defend. Not sure what you were watching.

The first TD was pretty sweet and very tough to defend. Not sure what you were watching.

I saw the same thing as RP saw. Yeah Moss made a great play on it, however Joseph had great position on him as well. However Joseph didn't jump for the ball or anything. I mean Moss still might catch that ball because he is that good, however you got to atleast attemp to jump and knock that ball down or something and joseph didn't. Which didn't make much sense at all because he was facing the QB and had good position actually to try to make a play on the ball...

I don't need to be talked off the ledge.

The core of the team was drafted before Marvin, and what we have seen since his hire isn't very comforting.

There is very little "next man in" mentality on this team. That's a major problem...

That is what I actually just mentioned in another thread. Alot of people dont realize that actually most of our key players were drafted before Marvin got here. That is one thing the old coaching staff and Mike Brown did well, they actually had a couple of very good drafts to set up this core of the team...

I saw the same thing as RP saw. Yeah Moss made a great play on it, however Joseph had great position on him as well. However Joseph didn't jump for the ball or anything. I mean Moss still might catch that ball because he is that good, however you got to atleast attemp to jump and knock that ball down or something and joseph didn't. Which didn't make much sense at all because he was facing the QB and had good position actually to try to make a play on the ball...

It all happened so fast... he was in position and a soon as he turned Brady put it right where only Moss could get it. You guys are hilarious.

Pretty tough to be a CB on this team when there is no pass rush at all. Played the whole game with 2 Linebacks....OUCH.

I agree and that is what I been saying all year long. I know alot of people have been saying how bad our secondary is. But when you give the opposing QB all day to throw, you could have all pro bowlers in the secondary and a NFL QB would still pick you apart if he has plenty of time to throw...

It all happened so fast... he was in position and a soon as he turned Brady put it right where only Moss could get it. You guys are hilarious.

Singled up on the outside with Moss close to the goal line on third down, so pretty good clue to know that a jump ball was going to be coming his way. He had great position, and facing the QB so he saw the ball coming. Yeah Moss still very well might have caught it, but not seeing how he could have atleast jumped for it, is pretty hilarious I must admit...

Singled up on the outside with Moss close to the goal line on third down, so pretty good clue to know that a jump ball was going to be coming his way. He had great position, and facing the QB so he saw the ball coming. Yeah Moss still very well might have caught it, but not seeing how he could have atleast jumped for it, is pretty hilarious I must admit...

Jonathon Joseph's thoughts during the play: "Wow, I've found myself right next to Moss in the endzone after deftly keeping up with him and keeping him to my outside, I'm sure Brady is looking his way, but after all of this work I think I will just turn and look. Oh, here comes the ball, I don't think Randy Moss can jump that high, I will just watch it. Oh, he caught it. Geez, I wish RockPride or futurecoach would come and help me cover Randy Moss, they would make it look so easy. How did I get to the level of professional defensive back without them?"

Yeah one thing your taught very early in your football career is you get your hands up and atleast knock that ball down. He had good position and could see the ball, and on the field common sense would tell him in corner of endzone with tallest and best WR, they are a good chance that ball is coming that way. At the level he is playing on he has to be able to think on his feet like that.

You guys are acting like Joseph boxed him out for 30 seconds while Brady punted the ball 50 yards in the air, and then just decided not to jump. He's doing his best to keep position on Moss (which is exponentially more complex than it sounds) while not drawing a pass interference penalty. By the time Joseph realized Moss was ready for a ball he had to contort himself in the complete other direction when his momentum was likely taking him the opposite way. By that time Brady's laser pass was 3/4 of the way to Moss's hands and he still had to do some sick acrobatics to stay in bounds. Not easy.

If you watch the replay,I don't think he could jump because Moss was already up and over him laying on his back and shoulders.Kind of hard to jump with another player on you're back.