63 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this district contest?

• Raceland
    • Paris

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raceland can not overlook anyone. We have seen Raceland have bad games. Focus is the key. There will be two boys in there for the other two that need to focus on that position. For two years I have said anyone can have a good game on any given night. I will go with my rams on this one but i want them to come out prepared strike often and early.

Raceland can not overlook anyone. We have seen Raceland have bad games. Focus is the key. There will be two boys in there for the other two that need to focus on that position. For two years I have said anyone can have a good game on any given night. I will go with my rams on this one but i want them to come out prepared strike often and early.

You have made some good points oldram. Raceland HAS to stay focused. I am sure that our coaching staff will have them ready. Stay focused, stay diciplined and execute your game plan. "Fear No One ......and Respect All". Paris has some athletes and potential.

With the pre-season talk on here I really expected more from Paris. Raceland picks their score in this one.

Agreed! I think the new Paris coach got a little ahead of himself. Its good to be positive and optimistic about your team, but he was over the top this summer with his comments. Trash talking before you even see what your team can do against any opponent other than your 'scrubs' in practice is borderline nuts! :sssh: :lol: Just kiddin'!

I agree... I do think we we're a little fired up in the preseason but that had a lot to do with some kids that aren't playing for us. Preseason eligibility issues caught us looking the other way. If some of our 'extremely gifted' kids would have taken care of business in correspondence this summer we could have been a much more dangerous team! The scope of Kentucky football is so limited... people quickly forget that I coached in Florida before I took the job at Paris and sent over 6 kids to play scholarship football. The best player in Kentucky is about one in a thousand in Florida. One kid we lost here was as talented as any I have ever seen... (i.e., ask Bath County). It's a real shame that we lost him. We have done the best we can with the cards that we have been dealt and granted... they have been some tough ones. We will come out Friday fired up and ready to compete. I tip my cap to Coach Vanderhoof and his staff, Raceland is one of the most well coached teams I've ever faced! They truly get the best out of their kids. All I can hope is that we can do the same here at Paris. Have a safe trip down tomorrow Rams and let's have a great game!

I agree... I do think we we're a little fired up in the preseason but that had a lot to do with some kids that aren't playing for us. Preseason eligibility issues caught us looking the other way. If some of our 'extremely gifted' kids would have taken care of business in correspondence this summer we could have been a much more dangerous team! The scope of Kentucky football is so limited... people quickly forget that I coached in Florida before I took the job at Paris and sent over 6 kids to play scholarship football. The best player in Kentucky is about one in a thousand in Florida. One kid we lost here was as talented as any I have ever seen... (i.e., ask Bath County). It's a real shame that we lost him. We have done the best we can with the cards that we have been dealt and granted... they have been some tough ones. We will come out Friday fired up and ready to compete. I tip my cap to Coach Vanderhoof and his staff, Raceland is one of the most well coached teams I've ever faced! They truly get the best out of their kids. All I can hope is that we can do the same here at Paris. Have a safe trip down tomorrow Rams and let's have a great game!

Great POST!!!

Good post. Your right, sometimes things happen that are beyond the control of the coach, such as eligibility and injuries. Sometimes you just have to do what you can when you can. Good luck to Paris in the rest of the season.

:thumb::thumb: Great post and thank you for the kind comments about our (Raceland's) program. I personaly am looking for a real battle. Raceland and Paris have certainly had their share of those through the years starting in the mid 70's.

Good Luck to your Greyhounds Coach..................after this game. :D :thumb:

I have always had a deep respect for Paris Football.

May both teams stay injury free. :thumb: