Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Donating your organs.

Featured Replies

How does the BGP population feel about the donating of organs. I for one am for it.

YOU sure as heck don't need them anymore! And you can save lives!

 

I'm all FOR donating organs!

 

:thumb:

If anything I have is still functional - someone who needs it can have it.

I wish I could remember the numbers I heard recently. Something to the effect of 80% of the population is in favor of having their organs donated, but only 20% have their driver's license signed or are properly registered.

 

Kind of ironic this thread was created. I registered just yesterday and signed my brand new driver's license. Be sure everyone, that is willing to donate, to sign the back of your license... :thumb:

Why are people against this, anyway?

  • Author

I'm more curious about the reason people don't do it. Is it just personal reasons or is it a religious thing?

I'm for it....I have heard that people are against it because if they are "on their death bed" they don't won't the plug pulled & them die just to get the organs out & give them to someone else.

 

I'm pretty sure it does not work like that anyway.

I'm signed up for it and made my only stipulation that I keep my eyes!

I'm signed up for it and made my only stipulation that I keep my eyes!

 

Why?

I'm for it....I have heard that people are against it because if they are "on their death bed" they don't won't the plug pulled & them die just to get the organs out & give them to someone else.

 

I'm pretty sure it does not work like that anyway.

 

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/organ-donation/FL00077

Organ donation: Don't let myths stand in your way

Myth. If I agree to donate my organs, my doctor or the emergency room staff won't work as hard to save my life. They'll remove my organs as soon as possible to save somebody else.

 

Reality. When you go to the hospital for treatment, doctors focus on saving your life — not somebody else's. You'll be seen by a doctor whose specialty most closely matches your particular emergency. The doctor in charge of your care has nothing to do with transplantation.

..........

Myth. Rich, famous and powerful people always seem to move to the front of the line when they need a donor organ. There's no way to ensure that my organs will go to those who've waited the longest or are the neediest.

 

Reality. The rich and famous aren't given priority when it comes to allocating organs. It may seem that way because of the amount of publicity generated when celebrities receive a transplant, but they are treated no differently from anyone else. In fact, the United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS), the organization responsible for maintaining the national organ transplant network, subjects all celebrity transplants to an internal audit to make sure the organ allocation was appropriate. Remember, too, that it would be unfair to deny someone a transplant simply because he or she is a celebrity.

..........

Myth. Organ donation is against my religion.

 

Reality. Organ donation is consistent with the beliefs of most larger religious denominations in the United States. This includes Catholicism, Protestantism and most branches of Judaism. If you're unsure of or uncomfortable with your faith's position on donation, ask a member of your clergy.

I have signed the back of my driver's license.

Why?

 

I dunno, just how I get down :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.