Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Donating your organs.

Featured Replies

I dunno, just how I get down :D

 

Why did I ask? :D

I signed...not sure what they'll be able to salvage...but whatever's not decrepit, they're welcome to part out! :lol:

I have a sticker imbedded in my driver's liscense verifying my donation. I have been for years.

 

Anyone read Rick Reillys aritcle in Sports Illustrated a couple of weeks ago? Wow,, great stuff. Great example of what organ donation can be to both families giving, and receiving.

Thank you to all who have signed their organ donation cards.

 

My father is still alive today because of a heart transplant he received several years ago. It is amazing what he can do today that he couldn't do the previous 10 years leading up to it.

 

At the worse, he could only shave half of his face before he sat down to take a break because he was exhausting. Now he walks about 15 miles per week.

I too sign my drivers license and hope some day I can help someone in need when it is my turn to go. JD

I am not against it but do not want my things taken.

 

Of course, I'm going to live forever so it doesn't matter.

I am not against it but do not want my things taken.

 

Of course, I'm going to live forever so it doesn't matter.

 

 

Out of curiousity, what is your stance on receiving a donated organ?

Out of curiousity, what is your stance on receiving a donated organ?

 

I'm sure he's all for it...:lol:

 

It's all about HIM...:rolleyes:

Sorry guys I haven't signed mine.

 

I would willingly give a lung or a kidney to people that need one though.

 

Ironic story, my dad was diagnosed with Diabetes about 3.5 years ago he was completely against signing his license. After he was diagnosed he wishes he could donate. The only thing I would donate is if someone in my family or a friend needed an organ and I knew about it when I was alive, I would have it arranged so they would get the organ they needed. I couldn't fathom donating my organs to someone I don't know when later on down the road someone I love may need them. Is there any way that they can preserve your organs until someone needs them?

Remember Everyone!!!! You need to let your family know your wishes. It's fantastic that everyone is willing to donate their organs but it's extremly important that your family is onboard. Because once your breath has left, you are no longer the spokes person for your body. Your family can put the breaks on if they are unsure of your wishes.

 

Raider, sorry but they are unable to harvest organs and keep them. The way you should look at is you will be helping save someones life at a time they need help and you hope and pray that someone else does the same for your family at the time of their need!! God blesses those who give is my belief and I'm sure it's yours.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.