Corbin 33 South Laurel 26

spindoc

This was a crazy game. Corbin probably could have won this one 50-7 but after getting a 33-7 lead, and having Bowling running for his life all night when he wasn't on the ground, Corbin went to a 3 man blitz that South was able to pick apart. Corbin was dominating the game until that and it allowed south a little more momentum. Hats off for the South kids for not quitting but this game was definitely not as close as the score.

I wish we would have put another TD in the final 10 seconds too but thats just the anti south coming out in me haha.

This was a crazy game. Corbin probably could have won this one 50-7 but after getting a 33-7 lead, and having Bowling running for his life all night when he wasn't on the ground, Corbin went to a 3 man blitz that South was able to pick apart. Corbin was dominating the game until that and it allowed south a little more momentum. Hats off for the South kids for not quitting but this game was definitely not as close as the score.

I wish we would have put another TD in the final 10 seconds too but thats just the anti south coming out in me haha.

:thumb: :ylsuper:

Corbin players stepped up and played when Sanders got injured. The game was not as close as the ending score might indicate. IMO (and others) there were some poor calls that kept South in the game. They also had fresher legs in the second half. But it was a great win for the HOUNDS! GO BIG RED!:ylsuper:

Any updates on Sanders? I heard it was a dislocated elbow and he will be good to go shortly. I hope so.

Great comeback by SL after being manhandled by the Redhounds in the first half. Penalties really hurt Corbin in the second half, it seemed like any time Corbin would make a big play on offense or defense, a flag was thrown. Good game to watch, I'm glad I didn't leave at halftime (like I almost did).

Great comeback by SL after being manhandled by the Redhounds in the first half. Penalties really hurt Corbin in the second half, it seemed like any time Corbin would make a big play on offense or defense, a flag was thrown. Good game to watch, I'm glad I didn't leave at halftime (like I almost did).

Some very strange flags at the most inopportune times really hurt the Hounds, but you have to give South Laurel's offense a lot of credit as Corbin struggled as much stopping them as they struggled stopping the Redhound rushing attack.

Losing Sanders on the first play really hurt Corbin defensively, but offensively Watkins, Campbell and Fritts more than picked up the slack and ran the ball very well behind excellent blocking from Nolan, Mocahbee, Hayden, Martin, Tayor and Nantz.