Boyle Co. Vs. Danville Predictions

Boyle Co. Vs. Predictions  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Boyle Co. Vs. Predictions

• Danville
    • Boyle Co.

Just an interesting stat:

In Boyles last 15 games they are 6-9. Included in that, the Rebels are 1-7 against non-district competition ( The lone win vs. Harrison County).

I agree. Of course (and no excuse mind you) I feel a little less disturbed by it when I look at the losses:

Henry Clay 53-10, 47-43

Danville 35-33

Lafeyette 36-33

Mercer 27-14

Southwestern 28-7, 18-9

Bowling Green 49-21

Pretty tough group and in many of these games one play or two seperate a loss from a victory.

It's a little early this year to judge how it will all shake out. The next few weeks will tell us a lot.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are probably more than these that come to mind but here are some:

1965 0-0 tie First game of the series actually ended in a tie. Boyle would win the next game 19-0 and not win again until a few years later.

1976 21-14 Danville. Ads use a late punt return to set up the go ahead score late in the game. Both teams were 9-1 heading into the contest with Danville's only loss to Henry Clay and Boyle's only loss a 1 point defeat by Frankfort.

1977 Boyle upset then #1 ranked Danville and Chris Jones 14-7 to make the playoffs via the Dickinson point system.

1979 Boyle caps a 9-1 campaign with a last play 35 yard Hail Mary to beat Danville 28-22. This would be the last Rebel win until 1996.

1983 Danville upsets Boyle 3-0 on a Buck Dye field goal.

1995 Danville uses a late big play to defeat Boyle 10-7 in the Regional Final and advance to the semi-finals.

1996 Boyle upsets Danville 12-0 in the Regional final breaking a 17 game losing streak to the Ads.

1998 60-7 thumping of Boyle by Jeremy Britt and Danville. It was one of the worst losses in Chuck Smith's career.

2002 Danville snaps the state's 2nd longest winning streak in history (47 games) with a 20-10 victory over "the County."

2004 Boyle wins a thrilling give and take game with Danville 37-30.

2006 Danville defeats the Rebels 35-33 in one of the greatest "big play" games of the series.

This one looks to stack up to be even this year and should make for another exciting game as so many others in the series.

I know there are a lot of other games that could be pointed out but the series was very one sided in Danville's favor during two big stints. (1967-1974 and 1980 - 1994. There were close games in the early 80's and just before the streak was broken but the others were huge blowouts.)

I agree. Of course (and no excuse mind you) I feel a little less disturbed by it when I look at the losses:

Henry Clay 53-10, 47-43

Danville 35-33

Lafeyette 36-33

Mercer 27-14

Southwestern 28-7, 18-9

Bowling Green 49-21

Pretty tough group and in many of these games one play or two seperate a loss from a victory.

It's a little early this year to judge how it will all shake out. The next few weeks will tell us a lot.

One thing is for sure, noone ever ahs the right to say that Boyle ain't afraid to stick their neck out to play tough teams! You are exaclty right as well, you change a TD here or there and all of a sudden Boyle ahs some marquee wins in that stretch.:thumb:

If we all know Danville has outside speed, then I am sure the Boyle Coaching staff knows this and will make that the focus of this weeks practice. Now, Coach Harp will have to counter. Nothing short of a dump truck will get up the middle of Boyle's defensive line, so does it make sense for the Ads to work on a passing game? How has this been so far this year for Danville?

Does anyone have an overall win/loss amongst these two teams for the series?

I think Danville leads the series something like 30-15-1. Which isn't bad for Boyle if you consider they had a 17 game winning streak in there.

Called my BC contact today and he assured me that BC is going to win this year's battle... Felt that BC has made tremendous strides since the B-Green game and traded scores with H Clay to the very end of last week's game.

So, I am going with BC with the hopes that they continue to build and gel...

and beat Lex Cath the following week! :D