Owen Wilson Attempts Suicide?

halfback20

LOS ANGELES — Actor Owen Wilson reportedly was hospitalized Sunday afternoon in Santa Monica, Calif., after being treated at his home by EMTs, according to the National Enquirer and Star magazine.

The tabloid publications claim Wilson was transported by ambulance to nearby St. John's Health Center after cutting his left wrist and taking an undetermined number of pills.

Wilson was discovered at his home by a family member, possibly his brother Andrew, who made the 911 call for help, the tabloids reported.

Entertainment Tonight reported that Wilson later was transferred to Bevery Hills' Cedars-Sinai Hospital to undergo detoxification. Unnamed sources said Wilson also was suffering "dehydration."

LINK

I've never understood "attempted suicide". How do you fail at that?

How's this? "flirted with death to attract attention?"

That's kind of my view on the situation...IMO if somebody really wanted to kill themselves, they would make sure to get the job done...

That's kind of my view on the situation...IMO if somebody really wanted to kill themselves, they would make sure to get the job done...

Or how sad is it to fail at suicide. "I'm not even good at killing myself."

As a mental health professional, I'm a little shocked that people are making a joke about something like this. Depression, or any mental illness for that matter, doesn't care how rich you are, or how popular you are. I feel for him and hope he gets the care he needs.

You know, if he truly is "reaching out for help", then I hope he gets it. However, if this is a ploy to attract attention I have no compassion for him or the incident. Like stated above, if you want to commit suicide, you can. I doubt he was trying IMO. FWIW, I fully understand the chemical issues biologically that can be treated with meds, etc., and I have my doubts he's in this category.