Question About Matt Thomas of Ashland

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ashland ran the wishbone in 90' and won the state championship

Yes, and look at the personel on that team. A backfield of Thomas, Johnson, and Hutt may come around once in a lifetime. That was a geat team, but that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the '07 Tomcats. The past is nice, but it doesnt help us score TD's this season.

Yes, and look at the personel on that team. A backfield of Thomas, Johnson, and Hutt may come around once in a lifetime. That was a geat team, but that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the '07 Tomcats. The past is nice, but it doesnt help us score TD's this season.

Thank God that backfield only came around once. My head hurts thinking about it. But the next year with just Hutt was nice.:D

What will

Try this play called "Wrong Ball", with Thomas's speed this could be a very dangerous play. Just getting a defense to fall for it 3 to 4 times a game is going to be tough. :lol: No one get excited, just trying to lighten up the situation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YnnnnyMjCw

Haha, that was pretty sweet! I could see that play getting flagged by some officials who didnt know what the heck was going on. :lol:

First of all I would like to say that I bleed maroon and white. With that said I believe switching him to QB is probably the dumbest move I have seen. I was at the game and Matt played extremely well at QB but would you consider switching a player that had over 1200 total yards last year to a postion that focuses all the attention on not the best athlete on the team.

I would like everyone opinion on this and if you all would have made the same move?

I think if Coach Hart had a choice I think he would like to have Matt elsewhere so that he could get him the ball in the open field. I don't think they have much of a choice becuase of 1 question.......If not Matt, then who? Coach Hart will do what he believes will give him the best chance to win and from what I heard, they have a pretty good RB back there. I think the major issue is the O-line. They need to get that fixed before they do anything. Coach Hart and his staff will find the right mix and they'll be successful. Remember last year after the Raceland game? There was panic and doubt in Hart in Tomcat land, then he made some changes and they had a very good year and almost turned into a great one. They will be fine.....I think.

Thats really wrong to say,when the smoke clears, look and see where Matt goes to college.Matt was keyed on every play last year

and still ran over 1,000 yards ( IMO)The wishbone would be the answer for this team, I have some old wishbone on dvd 71-73 very simple plus QB has the option to run every play,thier is a nice zero counter for QB to run also. BUT (IMO)The three back set will never happen at Ashland !

Matt is not a quitter !

I believe that Matt will go to college to play with a round ball, not an oblong one IMO!

One would think that a school of that size and that dresses 65-75 players would have a QB...

Unfortunately, this is a down year talent wise and number wise at Ashland. Thomas is the best choice at quarterback at this point of the season on a team of about 40 players. Coach Hart will get the ball rolling in the right direction. If you look at his record, he has historically been a slow starter having lost 3 or 4 of his 5 opening season games while at Ashland I believe and yet still averaging 9 wins a season. This teams time will come, but it will have to experience some growing pains his year, much like last Friday night.