Question About Matt Thomas of Ashland

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not trying to come down on Thomas, but I was not the only one that seen that when he came up against a physical team, he didnt perform well. Against the physical defense of JC in the the 2 games combined Thomas had 17 carries for 20 yds and in the first game his stats were 8 carries for 3 yds. Johnson Central is very fimiliar with the option since it was primilary the only threat JC had during the Bill Musick era. In order to have a successful option the QB must be willing to draw the defender to the last second before giving up the pick in so he must be able to take a lick nearly everytime. Unless Thomas has increased his physicality, it wouldnt be the answer for this team.

I think that everyone realizes that Thomas is a great athlete, but you are 100% right in what you are saying about the games against JC last season. Maybe he was a totally different player when he played against other teams because I saw none of those games. In the first game against JC, Thomas got his bell rung early and wanted no part in carrying the football the rest of the game. Perhaps QB is the best position for him to play.

One would think that a school of that size and that dresses 65-75 players would have a QB...

I totally agree. You would think that we ( Ashland) would have people waiting to step up to every position. There is no reason for us not to a have QB. So I guess if Mahan was still at Ashland and he would of got hurt then who would be the QB? This hole situation is very frustating !!!!!!!!!!

I think that everyone realizes that Thomas is a great athlete, but you are 100% right in what you are saying about the games against JC last season. Maybe he was a totally different player when he played against other teams because I saw none of those games. In the first game against JC, Thomas got his bell rung early and wanted no part in carrying the football the rest of the game. Perhaps QB is the best position for him to play.

Same thing agains Russell in 2005. In 2006 Russell let him get into the seems and he had a great day.