Do you think your team needs to upgrade, downgrade, or hold onto their schedule?

theguru

I will go first, I think Beechwood needs to hold their schedule, it is nearly perfect for them. Their district could be strong but non-district games with several large class schools should serve the Tigers well in the post season.

How about your team?

With the new 6A format, several of the schools that was in our district are now in a lower class than us. GRC went from 4A to 6A. I see we still have Montgomery Co and North Laurel on our Schedule this year. ( from our old district.) Also we are still playing Pulaski Southwestern.. My question would be do we still have a contract with these schools..therefore changing the schedule make take a few years.

We still have Henry Clay( ranked #4 in 6A) and Tates Creek. We added Danville this year ( Ranked #1 in 2A)....these are non-district games.

In our district is also #7 ranked Scott Co. So in all I feel we have a solid schedule.

I am pretty excited about Henderson's schedule. Even thought they had to drop the Castle game (I really liked the series) they have added a Louisville school in Manual and picked up Kenwood in TN. I don't know much about Kenwood but I hear they are pretty solid. Along with that they have Christian Co. back. With the new alignment Madisonville, Graves, and Marshall are back. It could be a very long year for the Colonels but I am still looking forward to it.

With the new 6A format, several of the schools that was in our district are now in a lower class than us. GRC went from 4A to 6A. I see we still have Montgomery Co and North Laurel on our Schedule this year. ( from our old district.) Also we are still playing Pulaski Southwestern.. My question would be do we still have a contract with these schools..therefore changing the schedule make take a few years.

We still have Henry Clay( ranked #4 in 6A) and Tates Creek. We added Danville this year ( Ranked #1 in 2A)....these are non-district games.

In our district is also #7 ranked Scott Co. So in all I feel we have a solid schedule.

...and don't forget about that little team down in Richmond that has had GRC's number the past 10+ years too.:D

I think Kenny Turner has done a great job with Madison Central's schedule.....the old district was pretty weak (except for last season) and that hurt the Indians come playoff time. The new district features teams we match up with well in GRC, Scott County, and Shelby County. The non-district features familiar regional foes Dunbar and Tates Creek and the always tough Bluebirds from Highlands. Boone County should be an interesting match-up the week before the playoffs.......as should the Madison Southern game in week 2. Southern was formed from Central in the late 80's and the schools have only played once. I'm looking forward to the Danville game as well.......there should be athletes all over the field in that one.

...and don't forget about that little team down in Richmond that has had GRC's number the past 10+ years too.:D

I think Kenny Turner has done a great job with Madison Central's schedule.....the old district was pretty weak (except for last season) and that hurt the Indians come playoff time. The new district features teams we match up with well in GRC, Scott County, and Shelby County. The non-district features familiar regional foes Dunbar and Tates Creek and the always tough Bluebirds from Highlands. Boone County should be an interesting match-up the week before the playoffs.......as should the Madison Southern game in week 2. Southern was formed from Central in the late 80's and the schools have only played once. I'm looking forward to the Danville game as well.......there should be athletes all over the field in that one.

I can't believe I left off Madison Central....and you are right...they sure have had our # the last several years.:cry:

Belfry's schedule is just about right for them, I think. The only upgrade I would have liked would be to play someone else in the East Carter spot. I know scheduling this year was a challenge, but that game is a long way from home. If we travel that far for a regular season game, I would like to see it be against a good quality team in a higher class that will expose our weaknesses. Of course, we will get that the following week in Johnson Central.

Aug 24, '07 Corbin
Aug 31, '07 Lawrence County
Sep 7, '07 @ East Ridge
Sep 14, '07 @ Shelby Valley
Sep 21, '07 Open
Sep 28, '07 Pikeville
Oct 5, '07 @ Magoffin County
Oct 12, '07 @ Pike County Central
Oct 19, '07 Sheldon Clark
Oct 26, '07 @ East Carter
Nov 2, '07 Johnson Central

I like Mason County's schedule. Scrimmaging against Montgomery County and Ashland - both larger schools than Mason County - should be a pretty good barometer going into the regular season.

Campbell County and Boone County are much larger schools; Paris is a smaller school that may present matchup problems at the skill positions. I like keeping long-time rival Fleming County on the schedule even if they did switch districts. Greenup County should also be a decent test. Bourbon has seen real tough times the past few seasons.

All in all, the schedule seems very reasonable; and the home games will be especially entertaining this year. No real long road trips (Johnson Central and Lawrence County were both over 100 miles) either; that's a plus. My only suggestion would be to replace one of the Bourbon County teams (Paris or Bourbon) with maybe a Harrison County.

I give the schedule an A-.:thumb:

With the loss of the seniors from last year's Rockcastle County team, I actually like their schedule for this year.

They're pretty much a sophomore/junior dominated team so getting those guys experience at the varsity level will be key for the next couple years....I think Rockcastle County will contend for the regional title next year and definitely the year after that when this year's sophomores are seniors.

I would like to see Mayfield toughen up there schedule a little... With a weak district, I don't like seeing games with Calloway Co & Heath, to even water it down more. They do still play Graves, Tilghman, Marshall Co & Caldwell Co, which are solid teams, but, I'd love to see them add say a Trigg Co, Ft Campbell, Owens. Catholic type team to the mix, to replace the Hopkinsville game they lost...

I was going to say upgrade for Holmes, but Holy Cross is a crosstown rival and Lloyd will be a good game. Dayton is the only question mark. I guess if the team shows improvement, then they can worry about upgrading the schedule.

I like the schedule for Bullitt East this year. I'm very glad we are out of that 9 team district we were in. Couple that with our annual game against Bullitt Central and we could only schedule 1 game per year. We've kept some of our foes from our previous district on the schedule and added some tough opponents that should get us ready for the playoffs. Since everyone from the new district will make the playoffs, the coaching staff thought it was important to play a tough schedule to get ready for playoff time.

Aug 25, '07 Woodford County (5A) @ Papa Johns Stadium - 5:00 PM

Aug 31, '07 DeSales (#10 BGP 2A) @ Bullitt East - 7:30 PM

Sep 7, '07 Bullitt Central (6A) @ Bullitt East - 7:30 PM

Sep 14, '07 Central (#1 BGP 3A) @ Central - 7:30 PM

Sep 21, '07 Marion County (4A-District) @ Marion County - 7:30 PM

Sep 28, '07 Fairdale (#10 BGP 4A) @ Bullitt East - 7:30 PM

Oct 5, '07 North Bullitt (#5 BGP 4A-District) @ North Bullitt - 7:30 PM

Oct 12, '07 Open Bullitt East -

Oct 19, '07 Larue County (4A-District) @ Bullitt East - 7:30 PM

Oct 26, '07 DuPont Manual (#5 BGP 6A) @ DuPont Manual - 7:30 PM

Nov 2, '07 Nelson County 6A @ Bullitt East - 7:30 PM

I would like to see Mayfield toughen up there schedule a little... With a weak district, I don't like seeing games with Calloway Co & Heath, to even water it down more. They do still play Graves, Tilghman, Marshall Co & Caldwell Co, which are solid teams, but, I'd love to see them add say a Trigg Co, Ft Campbell, Owens. Catholic type team to the mix, to replace the Hopkinsville game they lost...

Amen J4F,

Heath and Calloway need to go. And to be honest Im not too high on scheduling Caldwell either. I know they had a great last year, but i don't see them duplicating that success this year. In the past we scheduled teams like Milan, TN, Bellville althoff, ILL, and Trousdale County, TN.....these games were ALWAYS competitive, whereas Heath, Calloway, and Caldwell never seem to put up much of a fight....IMO.

With the loss of the seniors from last year's Rockcastle County team, I actually like their schedule for this year.

They're pretty much a sophomore/junior dominated team so getting those guys experience at the varsity level will be key for the next couple years....I think Rockcastle County will contend for the regional title next year and definitely the year after that when this year's sophomores are seniors.

I second that motion:thumb:

I like the fact that they are not running away from Lincoln, and I like how they are going up against Mercer. Other than the playoffs, I think this is the toughest road game for the Rock in a LONG time.

Time to wait for 3Wishes to prove me wrong:D :lol:

X plays three BGP number one ranked teams this year plus Male, PRP, Manual, Butler, Ballard, Cov. Cath and Oldham County. It is a murderous schedule, but as has been said "You have to beat the best to be the best."