Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Grass or Turf?

Featured Replies

IMO it's only true football if in the post game handshake there is mud and grass stains... Whats your opinon?

IMO it's only true football if in the post game handshake there is mud and grass stains... Whats your opinon?

 

I like the turf. Let the kids' talent, commitment and coaching decide the outcomes of the games, not the condition of the field. Turf eliminates the bickering back and forth as to whether the home field coaches manipulated the playing condition of the field to improve their chances of winning (of course that cuts down on the number of posts by Highlands and Bell County fans:ylsuper:)

I like the turf. Let the kids' talent, commitment and coaching decide the outcomes of the games, not the condition of the field. Turf eliminates the bickering back and forth as to whether the home field coaches manipulated the playing condition of the field to improve their chances of winning (of course that cuts down on the number of posts by Highlands and Bell County fans:ylsuper:)

I agree , nothing worse than playing on a bad field late season or in the playoffs and the kids can't make a cut without slipping.

Turf hands down...........:thumb:

I personally like the real grass, but the turf is probably the best option for a field to last an entire season. I can forsee more and more schools moving toward turf in the next few years.

I always liked playing on Bermuda better than turf. But like others have said, turf is the better option for an entire season of football.

I think most that say grass, don't have field turf. Until you actually see the benefits it can give your program, it's tough to grasp the advantage...

 

Field turf...HANDS DOWN!!!

I think most that say grass, don't have field turf. Until you actually see the benefits it can give your program, it's tough to grasp the advantage...

 

Field turf...HANDS DOWN!!!

 

Agreed. :thumb:

Agreed. :thumb:

 

Heck, not even just your football team either. Gym class, baseball, softball, soccer...etc.

I think most that say grass, don't have field turf. Until you actually see the benefits it can give your program, it's tough to grasp the advantage...

 

Field turf...HANDS DOWN!!!

 

I understand all the advantages of having field turf, I just liked playing on Bermuda grass more. But turf is a close second.

I like the turf. Let the kids' talent, commitment and coaching decide the outcomes of the games, not the condition of the field. Turf eliminates the bickering back and forth as to whether the home field coaches manipulated the playing condition of the field to improve their chances of winning (of course that cuts down on the number of posts by Highlands and Bell County fans:ylsuper:)

 

 

Excellent!

 

What if you suctioned up all those black rubber pellets? Would that give Bell County an advantage? It would definately take the spring out of their step...:laugh:

I will say I love watching a Late August football game on a nice well maintained Bermuda field. But sadly, the ammount of true "well maintained" fields are limited, and even moreso, come November when the games really matter, those fields are usually battered and bruised from a year's worth of football.

 

Gimme FieldTurf!

 

Also, playing off a comment made earlier. I have yet to see a fan from a school with the synthetic turf to say "I wish we never got this stuff", yet all around you hear the grumbles of people with grass who want the synthetic surface.

  • Author

Am I dreaming or was it Dixie thats home field was an absolute swamp every year?

  • Author
Our field gets very bad (Trimble), so I would put in a vote for turf.

How does big Mr. Bird handle the bad field conditions?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.