July 3, 200719 yr Anyone catch tonights show? WOW! Micky Thomas still has an awesome voice! Probably the best live show I've seen. They played about an hour and it wasn't long enough for me.
July 3, 200719 yr Anyone catch tonights show? WOW! Micky Thomas still has an awesome voice! Probably the best live show I've seen. They played about an hour and it wasn't long enough for me. Micky Thomas? Isn't Marty Balin the lead singer of Starship?
July 5, 200719 yr Micky Thomas? Isn't Marty Balin the lead singer of Starship? Thomas is the lead. Starship plays Corbin in August . Joan Jett and the Blackhearts takes the stage in Corbin the next night.
July 6, 200719 yr Micky Thomas? Isn't Marty Balin the lead singer of Starship? I'll take Balin, Slick, Kantner and Jefferson Airplane any day over the silly songs of Starship.
July 6, 200719 yr I'll take Balin, Slick, Kantner and Jefferson Airplane any day over the silly songs of Starship.:thumb: We built this city comes to mind. :creepy:
July 6, 200719 yr I'll take Balin, Slick, Kantner and Jefferson Airplane any day over the silly songs of Starship. How can you NOT like this song? It's a CLASSIC! :lol:
July 6, 200719 yr Author Micky Thomas? Isn't Marty Balin the lead singer of Starship? Thomas has been with the band since 1979. I personally like the newer songs of Starship. Too much drug induced song writing pre 80's for me. White Rabbit comes to mind.
July 6, 200719 yr Author I'll take Balin, Slick, Kantner and Jefferson Airplane any day over the silly songs of Starship. Silly songs,, :eek: Jane, Sara, Nothing Going to Stop Us Now, Find your way back? surly you jest. I'm just saying Thomas is 58 years old,, and his live voice sounded as good or better than 30 year old tape.
July 6, 200719 yr :thumb: We built this city comes to mind. :creepy: Interestingly enough, I officially stopped listening to Jefferson Airplane/Jefferson Starship/Starship/Space Shuttle/USS Enterprise/Whatever they are called now when that song came out. A world apart from the White Rabbit/Somebody to Love era.
July 6, 200719 yr Interestingly enough, I officially stopped listening to Jefferson Airplane/Jefferson Starship/Starship/Space Shuttle/USS Enterprise/Whatever they are called now when that song came out. A world apart from the White Rabbit/Somebody to Love era. :lol: Very nice.
July 6, 200719 yr Is Grace Slick still with them? Got this from the very reliable Wikipedia: Slick left Starship (and the music business) in 1988 at age 48. During a 1998 interview with VH1 on a Behind the Music documentary featuring Jefferson Airplane, Slick stated that the main reason she retired from the music business was that "all rock-and-rollers over the age of 50 look stupid and should retire." After her own retirement, she turned her attention to painting. She has done many renditions of her fellow '60s musicians such as Janis Joplin and Jerry Garcia plus others. In 2000, she began displaying and selling her artwork. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grace_Slick
July 6, 200719 yr Thomas has been with the band since 1979. I personally like the newer songs of Starship. Too much drug induced song writing pre 80's for me. White Rabbit comes to mind. Silly songs,, :eek: Jane, Sara, Nothing Going to Stop Us Now, Find your way back? surly you jest. I'm just saying Thomas is 58 years old,, and his live voice sounded as good or better than 30 year old tape. White Rabbit was a great Jefferson Airplane song. Jane was a Jefferson Starship song when Kantner was still in the group. I thnk that was Thomas' first album. Was Starship singing old Jefferson Airplane/Starship songs at the concert? Amy Lee of Evanescence reminds me a lot of Grace Slick's voice. I think she'd do a good cover for Slick.
July 6, 200719 yr Got this from the very reliable Wikipedia: Slick left Starship (and the music business) in 1988 at age 48. During a 1998 interview with VH1 on a Behind the Music documentary featuring Jefferson Airplane, Slick stated that the main reason she retired from the music business was that "all rock-and-rollers over the age of 50 look stupid and should retire." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grace_Slick I saw that interview quite a few years ago. That is indeed what she said.
July 6, 200719 yr I never cared much for the post-Airplane incarnation called Starship. Just personal preference. On a related note, I do have my tickets for Nickel Creek in Ashland next Friday.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.